Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone should make an mmorpg in the TMNT universe

ScarhunterScarhunter Member CommonPosts: 3
I would love to see an mmorpg based in the TMNT universe; I had an old gurps book with the tmnt roleplaying game.

I didn't know anyone who played it. (TMNTRPG) "Teenage Mutants Ninja Turtles Roleplaying game"

I would love it if you could have other mutants as players, I always wanted to play an elephant sumo-wrestler, who drives a monster truck, and makes sushi.

I don't think it will ever happen, but it's something i'd be interested in. maybe other would too

I just i'd start a discussion about this, see if anyone else would be interested in such a game (I am a player not a creator(though I can come up with ideas, with people, and maybe someday something like it could develop)
ConstantineMerusPhaserlightHatefull

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I just want a proper Rocksteady TMNT title.
    [Deleted User]rojoArcueidOctagon7711

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    no thank you. 
    Hatefull
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I just want a proper Rocksteady TMNT title.
    That would be great.

Also Platinum Games would make a cool TMNT game.
    MadFrenchie

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    It would kind of be fun. 

1) Choose your animal base
    2) Choose your food of choice
    3) Choose your weapon of choice
    4) Choose your colors

Would be kind of fun to be honest. 
    ConstantineMerus
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    No, someone should not.
    Hatefull
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    no
    Hatefull
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    It would kind of be fun. 

4) Choose your colors

Okay let's play:
    1) Angora Rabbit
    2) Sushi
    3) Kyoketsu-shoge
    4) Cake Batter
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Alot of good nostalgia franchises would make great MMO's TMNT is not one of them
    HatefullMadFrenchie
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    It would kind of be fun. 

4) Choose your colors

Okay let's play:
    1) Angora Rabbit
    2) Sushi
    3) Kyoketsu-shoge
    4) Cake Batter
    1) Frog
    2) Breakfast cereal a.k.a Lucky Charms
    3) Trident
    4) Rainbow colored 

*Damn, I want some lucky charms, i'm going to buy some on my way home. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    edited April 2019
    How about Q-Bert?
    Or maybe Frogger
    boris20Hatefull
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    One of the best PnP games ever made, along with World of Darkness and Rifts.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• ScarhunterScarhunter Member CommonPosts: 3
    edited May 2019
    forgot about my post here, the reason I wasn't to play an rpg or mmorpg, in the teenage mutant ninja world, is I had an idea for an Elephant Sumo Wrestler, back when I my older brother had brought the rpg book back in the mid 80s (I would like to learn more about Sumo Wresters, to make something complimentary to that role, I never found anyone to play the game with, and I tried to join a group, back in junior high, but they had a full group so I wasn't able to join them. and no one else I knew were playing that rpg
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    That would be a no for me. Just, no.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    As long as it doesn't have Venus de Milo in it sure.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited May 2019
    Nah, they need to make a Ninja Turtle Battle Royal.
    I grew up with TMNT, and you just described hell to me.
    Hatefull

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Bethseda might sue.
    laseritHatefull
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I don't think any game that revolves around 1 to a few people being special works for MMORPGs anymore.

Community storytelling. "This happened to US".
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Only if I can create an Italian plumber when it comes to the Switch. In my opinion TNMT would be better as Co-op game with a large open world like Spiderman or GTA. Don't want to see 50+ Ninja Turtles at the hideout, getting the next quest from Master Splinter.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited May 2019
    I feel like a lot of you are only familiar with he cartoons and movies. There is a very rich and detailed pen and paper RPG that came out about a year after the first comic book that not many people know about, in which case, you are missing out. I dismissed it at first as well because i was only familiar with the cartoons, but the rpg game is much more gritty and adult.

From the Wikipedia:

turtles and rats were not the only option for mutated animals; a rather large list was made available of animals that could be mutated in a wide variety of ways (intelligence, human looks, functioning hands, bipedalism, etc.). Some animals allowed access to different varieties (most notably dog breeds), and rules allowed for the creation of new animals. Characters had access to psionic powers and could come from a wide variety of sources (e.g., natural mutation or man-made experiments), as well as a variety of educational backgrounds.

The mutant animal player characters in the game lived in the modern world, functioning on the fringes of human society. One of the more innovative details of the game was the alignment system which used qualitative terms like "principled" and "miscreant" along with a list of diagnostic behaviors such as "would kill an innocent bystander" or "would never accept stolen property". These hypothetical behaviors pegged a character as fitting one of the particular alignment terms.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• Cmccu84Cmccu84 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Could be interesting if it all centered around the ooze.