Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inside Star Citizen: Riders of the Range | 3.5 Ep. 3 - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageInside Star Citizen: Riders of the Range | 3.5 Ep. 3 - MMORPG.com

The latest edition of Inside Star Citizen is out and about with Associate Creative Producer Jared Huckaby where he spends ten minutes or so going over the latest development milestones in the game. "This week's update looks at the latest wheeled warrior from Tumbril Land Systems, listens in on the sounds of space, and gets the scoop on improvements to some of our favorite PU locations."

Read the full story here

Comments

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Reminds me of an industrial Light Cycle

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586
    Bikes for all and the best is that they came with specific jacket as well. Intended to those who want to support the project without spending thousands like some love to shoot :)
    Others will be able to get them in game with Credits.

SQ42 beta in 5quarters.
    Erillion
  • dekkion1dekkion1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    I think i like this game.....will be buying for sure.
    WalkinGlennErilliongastovski1
    gammer 4 life
  • Grendizer73Grendizer73 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Is this still in develop? patethic...
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited May 2019

there is a simple reason for ETAs / release dates: end of money / funding.

if you have enough money, you do a "soft launch", and that is what they did ;)
    Erillion

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    I just want more ships!
    kikoodutroa8

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    oh it's friday!
    good week end for all

(these articles have just one purpose, friday reminder)
    Erillion
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Its amazing that the amount of money that has been spent on SC means it is now the most expensive game ever, have to wonder just how much this game will have cost by the time it is released, though if they run out of money in 6 months time as has been projected, then huge questionmark whether it will ever release at all, i have no doubt that CIG will go all in on raising more money by selling ships and other services. It does look amazing though so fingers crossed!  ;)
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    Thane said:

Not really.  There's no persistence.  And there won't be for a long time, because of the many bugs,  flaws, and unfinished elements.    People dream of this amazing space fantasy, but when the actual problems cause you to lose stuff, it'll not be so rosy.  

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• GrindcoreTHRALLGrindcoreTHRALL Member UncommonPosts: 303

Thane said:

Not really.  There's no persistence.  And there won't be for a long time, because of the many bugs,  flaws, and unfinished elements.    People dream of this amazing space fantasy, but when the actual problems cause you to lose stuff, it'll not be so rosy.  

Well the persistence has been a main focal point for them as of recently and its really getting close to fully persistent. Once some of the small bugs and AI are fixed it will be amazing. There is some blockers but they have quite a bit of content out currently that with just a few simple tweaks, people will love it.
    JoeBlober
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    My guess will be that SC looks at launch like a pocher looks a opening day of deer season and puts a salt block out in late summer. $15 bucks a month if and when it launches.
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    People won't like getting killed in elevators,  flying into space from the hanger,  or glitching out of their shiny ship.   Not a few simple tweaks away.   While they've apparently been doing better this last year, they haven't been doing that much better.

And no one's lost money betting that CIG wouldn't make their deadlines....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

People won't like getting killed in elevators,  flying into space from the hanger,  or glitching out of their shiny ship.   Not a few simple tweaks away.   While they've apparently been doing better this last year, they haven't been doing that much better.

Fallout76 and Anthem were released at their precise date as Done. Gamer got crap, uninspiring and half backed products... At full price.
    Better pay 45$ play when released. Beta in 5 quarters. TBest investment/pledge ever done.
    Erillion
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I am saying it again, with all the development funding, actors voice overs, scope, vision, marketing strategy, etc... this will either be the biggest and best space game, or an utter and complete failure in gaming history.

There is just no other option.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • DurzaxDurzax Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Phry said:
    Its amazing that the amount of money that has been spent on SC means it is now the most expensive game ever, have to wonder just how much this game will have cost by the time it is released, though if they run out of money in 6 months time as has been projected, then huge questionmark whether it will ever release at all, i have no doubt that CIG will go all in on raising more money by selling ships and other services. It does look amazing though so fingers crossed!  ;)
    Yet that same line of bullshit spewing has been around for how long now, and still no collapse.
    Oh, just so you know 2019 is on track to be another record pledge year, so maybe 2020.
    Durzax said:
    Phry said:
    Yet that same line of bullshit spewing has been around for how long now, and still no collapse.
    Oh, just so you know 2019 is on track to be another record pledge year, so maybe 2020.
    Back four or five years ago, when I predicted a 2020 release date, uber-fans of the game threw fits.   Now I know I was unrealistically optimistic.   Star Citizen has been running in the red for years now, and needed an investor buyin/bailout to make their payroll this year. 

'You can fool some of the people all the time....'  

JoeBlober said:

Fallout76 and Anthem were released at their precise date as Done. Gamer got crap, uninspiring and half backed products... At full price.
    Better pay 45$ play when released. Beta in 5 quarters. TBest investment/pledge ever done.
    I'm pretty sure that deadline is as good as all their previous ones.....

Note that those games probably didn't have nearly the investment in time and money that SC has had.   Note that I didn't buy either of those games.  Nor given Roberts any of my money either.

Though, honestly, if you can afford to blow the $35-45, Star Citizen is not that terrible a risk.  You'll just have to factor in waiting a long time to get your payoff.   

Now the folks with thousands of dollars in it, I'd like to point you toward an Abraham Lincoln quote......

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Waiting for the always entertaining circular logic post of "stop adding things and just finish the game"........  
  • DurzaxDurzax Member UncommonPosts: 87

Back four or five years ago, when I predicted a 2020 release date, uber-fans of the game threw fits.   Now I know I was unrealistically optimistic.   Star Citizen has been running in the red for years now, and needed an investor buyin/bailout to make their payroll this year. 

You know 2019 is on track to be another record pledge year, so maybe 2020.
    Damn all that crowdfunding since January 2019 to today does not count. good to know.
    JoeBlober
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    No tread marks, it's not like them to leave out such  a detail.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Durzax said:

Phry said:

Except it is pure lie. They NEVER been in red the past 6 years and investors is to make the marketing campaign and not use backers pledges for such purposes.

Beta in 5 quarters and they do have a year and half of cash ahead plus continuous pledges coming in.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited May 2019
    JoeBlober said:

Durzax said:

Phry said:

Except it is pure lie. They NEVER been in red the past 6 years and investors is to make the marketing campaign and not use backers pledges for such purposes.

Beta in 5 quarters and they do have a year and half of cash ahead plus continuous pledges coming in.

No. In the red means that company or operation loses money during one accounting period. RSI has been in the red often.
    Post edited by Vrika on

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Ok ..NOW we can use the phrase FEATURE creep.

I am of the stance Robert's is literally AFRAID to get what is already there DONE and release it as a completed project.This is just going to drag on forever,as long as people keep forking over money he will keep leading them on.
    The pied piper and his mice.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ElonMuskElonMusk Member UncommonPosts: 129
    F R A U D