Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Safe Browsing recently detected phishing on raptr.com.

Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
I just clicked on discussion link and got a red screen.  

Dev your own game.
Posted by Dwaaawfful in The Pub at MMORPG.COM

It took me to this.
https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7475757/

I got a red screen and this message.
Google Safe Browsing recently detected phishing on raptr.com. Phishing sites pretend to be other websites to trick you.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited May 2019
    That will happen on any page where a poster has been too lazy to remove their long dead Raptr link.  At least in Chrome.  You can turn that Chrome alert off in it's settings or report the offending poster here through the flagging system.
    [Deleted User]SBFord
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Thanks.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Grunty said:
    That will happen on any page where a poster has been too lazy to remove their long dead Raptr link.  At least in Chrome.  You can turn that Chrome alert off in it's settings or report the offending poster here through the flagging system.
    It is not a poster thing,i got this with THIS sites article on EA vice president.No other article or post is giving me this same warning.
    So why is this sites article/thread redirecting us to Raptr.com?
    If my memory serves me,this site had some partnered advertising going on with some gaming platforms involved with rewards if we used their site.I can't keep track of them all or all the disguised advertising that goes on here but i do remember at least 2 similar partners or maybe it was the same outfit twice trying to get us to sign up.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MeddleMeddle Administrator UncommonPosts: 758
    It is a user signature issue.  I've removed raptr.com signatures from all users in the database.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Didn't Raptr shut down a while ago? any activity related to it today would be automatically suspicious.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited June 2019
    Meddle said:
    It is a user signature issue.  I've removed raptr.com signatures from all users in the database.
    Welp, that took eleven months.  And two (one removed) conspiracy posts.  https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/474750/a-cookie-for-raptr-com-on-a-forum-thread-link-here-causes-chrome-to-block-access-to-the-thread#latest

Thank you for the somewhat belated correction.
    [Deleted User]
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Didn't Raptr shut down a while ago? any activity related to it today would be automatically suspicious.
    Yes. And while it was around there was no phishing associated with it that I can recall. The problem is that since they closed down that domain has been associated with phishing scams and those leftover old sigs some people still have link to that domain.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED