Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Astellia Enhancement System Preview - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageAstellia Enhancement System Preview - MMORPG.com

The Astellia team has released both a written and video preview of the Enhancement System, including how the UI functions, what stats can be improved in a player's gear, how dismantling unused items benefits enhancement and how the upgrade process works.

Read the full story here

Comments

• blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    This is the first I've heard of (or maybe the first I've paid attention to) this game. It looks pretty good and worth checking out. The site says it is releasing this summer. Going up against classic WoW doesn't seem like a great call. I haven't had a new mmorpg to play (or even try) in a long, long while - I really wish there would be something worth checking out when I need it and not the only time in years and years when there will finally be a game I know I will be playing.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    yeah you missed, people are already comparing it to bless, so wait till its f2p before anything
    NasaMaurgrimNextrix
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462

yeah you missed, people are already comparing it to bless, so wait till its f2p before anything

Are they comparing this game or A:IR towards Bless?
  • ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Whoa, hold the phone. RNG failed gear upgrades? You mean I can lose all the time and work I put into acquiring materials? Not even fail stacks like BDO? Where is the P2W shoe drop on cash shop 'guaranteed' success upgrade mule dung gems?! Maybe I'm not clear on what's going on here. Can someone watch this and explain?
    Nanfoodlegastovski1Nextrix
    Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I love systems like this, being able to feed old or useless gear to your items makes every drop you get, something you can use. Keep it up.
    Mikehablamo2000Nextrix

Only thing Bless and Astellia have in common is they are from SK. Its kinda of a slippery slope. Its kinda like saying every MMO that comes out from NA is basically like EQ1 because they were both made in the same country. If you take time to read up on the games, its easy to see they are very different.
    SBFordalkarionlogDhampirblamo2000agerwaengastovski1Catibrie
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    DMKano said:
    Nanfoodle said:

Only thing Bless and Astellia have in common is they are from SK. Its kinda of a slippery slope. Its kinda like saying every MMO that comes out from NA is basically like EQ1 because they were both made in the same country. If you take time to read up on the games, its easy to see they are very different.

The other thing they have in common is that they are both very underwhelming games that wont have much success in the west.
    DMKano, the perpetual light of joy in a weary world. :P

ValentinaRoinDragneluswingoodgastovski1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Very nice presentation on their website. Well done. They answered all my questions on that one page without having to dig around elsewhere.
    [Deleted User]blamo2000

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

DMKano said:

SBFord said:

DMKano said:

Nanfoodle said:

The other thing they have in common is that they are both very underwhelming games that wont have much success in the west.

;)

Just stating the obvious 

Awesome ((sarcasm off))
    agerwaenCatibrie
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    game looks generic and a bit annoying having all this "companions" , worth a try tho
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited May 2019

SBFord said:

DMKano said:

Nanfoodle said:

Or people are just too desperate right now to tell the difference between something that actually is trying to be good and something that is just a straight up cash grab. Its funny how people's memories get fuzzy about their comments towards Bless before it launched, even saying "Neowiz has been working hard on this for a while for our version so the other launches dont matter." But, DMKano, I say just give up. This game will come out, probably pull 10k its first month, chargebacks the following month flooding this site's forums with "this game is so bad," "the performance is garbage," yada yada. Then the people who knew this from the start have to be like "oh? oh really.....what a shock. This looked so good...."

As for A:IR, the real issue with that game will be the engine. The actual game's mechanics look clean enough for what they are trying to do even though they aren't really "re-inventing the wheel" but when you have a lot of people in an area, its going to be bad. Someone who knows a lot about software engineering will tell you that its not really the engine's fault per se, it just wasn't tooled right for the thing its being made for. The unfortunate reality is that most eastern developers just use tools to do a job. They pick an engine and use said engine to build on. They dont analyze said engine and try to manually configure it for what they are trying to do.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Not enough classes for my liking.
  • tremererertremererer Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I like what I see, sold.
    blamo2000
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The cash shop will be garbage,i wouldn't believe their word of no p2w.Bless made the exact same claim.
    This enhancement system is not creative,very old used in a lot of KR games and imo not good and is always targeted to the cash shop.
    Not decided on cash shop yet ..lol..it's only been out since 2018,so what does this mean,wait and see the popularity level to know how bad you can grind out the cash shop?

I feel since this type of enhancement system has been directly tied to cash shops in korean games since the dinosaurs roamed the earth,NOTHING should be mentioned yet without ALL the pertinent information.

WHY,well like another site that cares more about it's viewers states>>>so consumers can make a better informed decision on the purchase.As we can already see by a poster above,he is already SOLD without all information,so this is already taking form as misleading advertising.

Preview is not an excuse to endorse a sale or game idea without all the information.There is absolutely NO mention from Bill who is the narrator as to possible issues with this system but is nicely posted on the OFFICIAL Astellia channel so this is 100% endorsed partnership or in reality..sponsored.

How can you be on the official channel and not divulge the connection between mmorpg and Astellia/Brunson?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited May 2019
    blamo2000 said:
    This is the first I've heard of (or maybe the first I've paid attention to) this game. It looks pretty good and worth checking out. The site says it is releasing this summer. Going up against classic WoW doesn't seem like a great call. I haven't had a new mmorpg to play (or even try) in a long, long while - I really wish there would be something worth checking out when I need it and not the only time in years and years when there will finally be a game I know I will be playing.
    I wouldn't really say this is going head to head with Wow,looks a bit more like Runes of Magic to me although i guess even that game was a Wowish clone.

to say "it looks good"you mean visually or game play because we really are given almost nothing so far.So to say it looks good would be based on literally nothing unless of course just visually.

Socketing with the typical +1 +2 +3 ....+10 upgrade system has always 100% been tied into cahs shops,are you saying that idea would be good too?

My point is that i don't like ANY kind of positive endorsement without all the facts behind their systems.I am not going to say anything looks good aside from graphics until i see FACTUAL monetizing of this game.

If turns out they are honorable and NOT a p2w cash shop..GREAT,then i will take a further look but somehow i call BS and expect lies.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    So tldr: The equipment can't become broken in the process of enhancing it. That's a relief somehow. But i still hate money sink in this type of system. So ill pass the game and let the whales buy it.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited May 2019
    This game is every game to come out of the east since Lineage.....except they're all worse than lineage.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

Wizardry said:

blamo2000 said:

I wouldn't really say this is going head to head with Wow,looks a bit more like Runes of Magic to me although i guess even that game was a Wowish clone.

to say "it looks good"you mean visually or game play because we really are given almost nothing so far.So to say it looks good would be based on literally nothing unless of course just visually.

Socketing with the typical +1 +2 +3 ....+10 upgrade system has always 100% been tied into cahs shops,are you saying that idea would be good too?

My point is that i don't like ANY kind of positive endorsement without all the facts behind their systems.I am not going to say anything looks good aside from graphics until i see FACTUAL monetizing of this game.

If turns out they are honorable and NOT a p2w cash shop..GREAT,then i will take a further look but somehow i call BS and expect lies.

When I say looks good I mean specifically the systems. I never mean the graphics. I enjoy playing games, not looking at them.

Their website addresses my main concerns - which are mainly is it an actual mmorpg and does it have a character development rpg system that at least looks somewhat involved and interesting. The answer is yes on both.

I mostly don't care about monetization. As I said in another post, the only game I tried or played where I felt pressure or the need to spend money to advance was Neverwinter Online, which I don't see a lot of people complaining about. The other games I see people complain a lot about that I also played almost always have shops that have zero in them that interests me - I will never spend a dime on cosmetics, temporary buffs, housing, land shit, or anything else. The games with "stamina" usually focus on crafting, and I like mmorpgs and not crafting games so that doesn't impact me.

The things I am willing to spend money on are the game itself, a subscription (that usually ends up giving pretty good buffs for subscription games that end up going f2p), and inventory space if the cost is reasonable and the system isn't ridiculous and the upgrade is permanent and helpful.

I do not have much experience with games with gear upgrade systems like this - if I am remembering right Neverwinter Online has (or had when I played) a similar system that required you to buy shit from the store to have a reasonable chance for a successful upgrade. And it wasn't cheap. This could be an issue for this game, sure. But if so when does it become necessary and did I have fun enjoying the game up to that point? If so, like Neverwinter Online, it will give me a good amount of hours of cheap enjoyment until.

And I certainly do see it as a competitor for WoW Classic (not modern maybe) for people looking to get out of an mmorpg what I am and have the same requirements to be interested for a game that I am - again, is it an mmorpg and does it have interesting character development and other rpg systems. WoW Classic checks those boxes, almost nothing else that came out in the last bunch of years or is coming up checks those boxes. We aren't interested in the various genres of crafting games or BRs, or games made to be fun for children watching videos of other people play the game.

Will I play this over WoW Classic if they release in the same time frame? No. I'll go with the game I know for certain I will enjoy. I'll eventually try it. I just think its a really bad idea to release in the same timeframe, and it bothers me that I have been looking for a new mmorpg to play for years and instead of this being there for me when I need it - it gets announced as being released the only time I know I won't.
  • AbcynthAbcynth Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Is it me or did the guy that was doing the voice-over for the video sound like our own Bill Murphy? Maybe his doppelganger? :)
    Nanfoodle
  • agerwaenagerwaen Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I really do not know why do you compare this game to Bless. Bless was a game that failed in Korea and Japan. Astellia is very alive in Korea and AFAIK was never published in Japan. When Bless failed in other markets Neowiz promised that they will fix the game before publishing it in the west. Astellia Devs do not have to fix anything. Game will come to the west as it is in east They are just adding a translation and making classes available as Male and female. So we are not waiting for some promised saviour. Every one can go and watch videos on YouTube and learn what he will get. Lot of people like what they see and are waiting for the game or are playing the KR version.

One more thing is optimisation. Bless was a nightmare. Neowize promised to fix it but of course didn't do it. On the other hand Astellia is working fine, no performance issues. Just check the streams.

And yes, Astellia is an Asian MMO with a mechanics that Asians love, but some westerners enjoy them too. So this is not going to be a game for WOW players, but for these who like Asian MMO.
    Nanfoodle