Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Final Fantasy VII Remake - Teaser Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Final Fantasy VII Remake - Teaser Trailer

MMORPG.com reviews MMO and MMORPG games. We also provide news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    This ought to get some folks hot & bothered. :D
    [Deleted User]moshraMoariNKwingoodinfomatzMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Can't wait to play this in 4K!
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    Nice, will it be on PC or ps4 only?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    PS4 exclusive. I guess I should expect a year or so after release on that platform to make it's way to PC.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    Tiller said:
    PS4 exclusive. I guess I should expect a year or so after release on that platform to make it's way to PC.
    Oh well I will wait, not buying consoles anymore.
    Gentrifried_ChickenTillerPhry[Deleted User]alkarionlog

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Not sure but is this still turned base or action like some of the more recent FF games?
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Asm0deus said:
    Tiller said:
    Oh well I will wait, not buying consoles anymore.
    That's funny, I made that statement (assuming someone would ask the question), not knowing you actually did because when I hit reply your question wasn't there. :D
    Asm0deus
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    I don't care what this is on, I will be buying it day one.. special edition! 
    infomatz
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Capcom absolutely nailed how to do a remake with Resident Evil 2. Really wish Square-Enix had taken a page from them. That doesn't look like the type FF7 I'd want to spend my money on. Looks like that uninteresting stuff that gave us FF13 and FF15.

Can't wait to see if Capcom does a remake for Resident Evil 3.
    bahamud

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

OG_Zorvan said:

I remember buying the PS1 for Final Fantasy VII after seeing a demo. I bought the PS2 specifically for Final Fantasy X. I even bought the PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII ( and regretted it, as XIII wasn't exactly stellar and PS3 did not have the benefit of an rpg library the likes of PS1 and PS2 ). There hasn't been a Final Fantasy since that I would buy a console, or any other expensive piece of hardware, for. FFVII: Remake might have got me to scrounge up a used PS4 at least when it's fully released ( not doing that episodic crap ), but it's going to be on PC, so no need. Another reason I'm waiting on purchase isn't the episodic nonsense, but whether or not they do more "reboot" than remake. I don't want the flavor and politics of 2019 shoveled into this game, I want the flavor and politics of 1996 left just where they were with a shiny new coat of pixels.

I also bought a PS1 soley to play FF7. My PS1 library then blossomed into a beautiful display of some of the finest JRPGs ever made.
    rojoArcueid[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonbahamud

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Roin said:
    Capcom absolutely nailed how to do a remake with Resident Evil 2. Really wish Square-Enix had taken a page from them. That doesn't look like the type FF7 I'd want to spend my money on. Looks like that uninteresting stuff that gave us FF13 and FF15.

Can't wait to see if Capcom does a remake for Resident Evil 3.
    Agreed with regards to FF13...that was all a shitshow imho.

However, I did enjoy FF15 for one critical reason...I gave a shit about the characters by the end of it.

To me, FF has always been about story and characters...the gameplay was always fairly simplistic. FFX allowing you to swap out party members during the fight added the first real level of turn-based complexity and flexibility. Before that, I just ended up using the same three characters all the time while the other just seem to sit back and watch the fighting.

I will say this about the new trailer....my god, did they make Aerith gorgeous! 
    infomatz

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• stebo104stebo104 Member UncommonPosts: 31

OG_Zorvan said:

I remember buying the PS1 for Final Fantasy VII after seeing a demo. I bought the PS2 specifically for Final Fantasy X. I even bought the PS3 for Final Fantasy XIII ( and regretted it, as XIII wasn't exactly stellar and PS3 did not have the benefit of an rpg library the likes of PS1 and PS2 ). There hasn't been a Final Fantasy since that I would buy a console, or any other expensive piece of hardware, for. FFVII: Remake might have got me to scrounge up a used PS4 at least when it's fully released ( not doing that episodic crap ), but it's going to be on PC, so no need. Another reason I'm waiting on purchase isn't the episodic nonsense, but whether or not they do more "reboot" than remake. I don't want the flavor and politics of 2019 shoveled into this game, I want the flavor and politics of 1996 left just where they were with a shiny new coat of pixels.

wait and get it for ps4? um sorry to tell you but this will be on the ps5
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383
    Arterius said:
    stebo104 said:

OG_Zorvan said:

wait and get it for ps4? um sorry to tell you but this will be on the ps5
    During State of Play they confirmed that it was for PS4 afterwards with more info coming in June. They are releasing it in chapters. So the guess I have seen flying around is that the first chapter will release in December-January
    Yeah... seems like they said XIII was going to be PS2, and then it was delayed and delayed and delayed...
    [Deleted User]
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    When it comes to these remakes, do posters think they are using the old gameplay and combat mechanics or taking more from the latest FF games?
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,511
    GIVE IT TO ME NOW! HARD! FF7 was my gate way drug to RPGs lol

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    back to the future...
    if i've never encounter this game, my whole life would be very different
    it hook me to rpg, console game and all next until this day

cant wait too, best game ever for me
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    FF VII is to me at least, the best one of all, closely followed by VIII ans XIV:ARR, however, for this to be a console exclusive would be a waste, i am sick and tired of those kinds of scummy tactics, so unless its on PC, i'll pass. :/
  • luciuscroftluciuscroft Member UncommonPosts: 4
    edited May 2019
    FFVII is the game of my life! First day buy collection edition for sure. (I don't recommend anyone do that, but only for those that really like it like me). After FFVII remake, I will finally R.I.P. ?
  • dralchdralch Member CommonPosts: 10
    How about a PC version at launch =(, Not going to waste my money buying a console
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Is FFVII the story of Cloud? Or was that VIII?
  • bng28bng28 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    edited May 2019

OG_Zorvan said:

This game will flop if they changed the story. My biggest fear is that this wont just be a reskinned ffvii but a familiar world with several changes from the original. I can live with the battle system changes, I think that battle mechanics are a natural progression/evolution of games so of course it wont be the time based turn system. edit: the only acceptable changes to the story imho is the rumored unfinished part of the story that was supposed to be aeris resurrection. If I'm not mistaken development was rushed on the original and they couldnt fit that part in.
    [Deleted User]
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    I'm hot and bothered!
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    bng28 said:

OG_Zorvan said:

This game will flop if they changed the story. My biggest fear is that this wont just be a reskinned ffvii but a familiar world with several changes from the original. I can live with the battle system changes, I think that battle mechanics are a natural progression/evolution of games so of course it wont be the time based turn system. edit: the only acceptable changes to the story imho is the rumored unfinished part of the story that was supposed to be aeris resurrection. If I'm not mistaken development was rushed on the original and they couldnt fit that part in.
    They'd have to retcon a lot of the expanded universe if they changed the story.  Admittingly it's been a long time since they've touched the expanded universe material but I doubt they'd want to make any drastic changes to retcon it when they might always want the option of re-releasing or remaking expanded universe games in the future.

That said, I very much expect them to throw in a lot more nods to expanded universe material this time around.  They seemed to have a grand old time having each game and novel and Advent Children shout-out or reference each other back when FFVII side-games and novels were a thing.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Torval said:
    The trailer looks good. I'll wait until it's fully released before I buy it. I'm not doing strung along chapters or in overpriced piecemeal chunks. Fucking Squeenix and Sony, the master milkers.
    Reading how it was described it seems like they are releasing chapters but each one is a full game length? I can't find where I read it but they said it wasn't chapters like a telltale or Life is Strange type of game, but actual full games. I don't really understand how they can do that with a 40 hour game, but I guess we will see. 

If they can pad the length to 40 hours for each chapter, and not ruin the pacing, then I'll be fine with it. 
    [Deleted User]