Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Latest Ashes of Creation Blog Introduces the Hippogryph & Its Lore - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageLatest Ashes of Creation Blog Introduces the Hippogryph & Its Lore - MMORPG.com

The latest Ashes of Creation developer blog has appeared, this time to introduce readers to the hippogryph. The post delves into the backstory and origins of the creature and provides a look at its ingame models and the various types that can be found throughout the gameworld.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Looks like Shou Tucker (fullmetal Alchemist) did some experiments with a horse and an eagle.

I know they suppose to look like this right? But it looks so weird.
    moshraFolmenAgeni

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Dragnelus said:
    Looks like Shou Tucker (fullmetal Alchemist) did some experiments with a horse and an eagle.

I know they suppose to look like this right? But it looks so weird.

Yeah, hypogryphs mostly look weird to me as well.  Hard do blend both creatures seamlessly.  Just glue the ass end of a horse where the tail of the bird should be.
    bcbullyFolmen
  • Poison_GirlPoison_Girl Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Looks good, I like animation and design.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Why does this look like the exact same approach Crowfall has been doing?

Not much to show so we will just show our classes/races.I really don't care about the superficial ideas,i need to know WHY would i play your game or even be interested?Like i am not interested in any game just because it might have Hippogryph's and i find it very hard to believe ANYONE would choose a game for this reason.
    You want to market/advertise your product you need to show me a LOT more effort than this.I saw already pretty much most every mythical creature there is when i played FFXI,yes we had Hippogryph's.

REASON,that is what i need to see,what is the REASON you want me to be interested?Explain to me how you put a lot of effort into combat and the class designs,explain the depth ion your systems and why they are better than what i can already play?

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

Wizardry said:

Not much to show so we will just show our classes/races.I really don't care about the superficial ideas,i need to know WHY would i play your game or even be interested?Like i am not interested in any game just because it might have Hippogryph's and i find it very hard to believe ANYONE would choose a game for this reason.

You want to market/advertise your product you need to show me a LOT more effort than this.I saw already pretty much most every mythical creature there is when i played FFXI,yes we had Hippogryph's.

REASON,that is what i need to see,what is the REASON you want me to be interested?Explain to me how you put a lot of effort into combat and the class designs,explain the depth ion your systems and why they are better than what i can already play?

...I mean...They have to develop the game, first. I like seeing things they are doing, they have already shown off a lot of what they are aiming for with the game between their dev videos and their streams they host regularly, there isn't a lack of information on the game especially for where they are in development.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543

Valentina said:

Wizardry said:

...I mean...They have to develop the game, first. I like seeing things they are doing, they have already shown off a lot of what they are aiming for with the game between their dev videos and their streams they host regularly, there isn't a lack of information on the game especially for where they are in development.

Maybe if they didn't make a BR and monetized it, they could focus more on the game itself. No one cares about a hippogryph.
    Slapshot1188
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Wizardry said:

Uuuum the have a playable game mode with hundreds of vids on you tube...
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    Unlike what we just got from Crowfall, this is more like lore, but I have to say is still a smidgen. Seven small paragraphs with pictures taking up ten or twenty times as much space as the written word. It is like someone decided to write about the horse in English culture and could only come up with half a page of A4.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

Asch126 said:

Valentina said:

Wizardry said:

Maybe if they didn't make a BR and monetized it, they could focus more on the game itself. No one cares about a hippogryph.

Well some people seem to like any and every thing Stephen posts ;)

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Anyone know if hipporgryphs are supposed to be trotting when in the air flying? Looks weird. Otherwise love th design.