Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clash of Kings Celebrates Ramadan with Limited Time Events (SPONSORED) - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageClash of Kings Celebrates Ramadan with Limited Time Events (SPONSORED) - MMORPG.com

Clash of Kings, the hit mobile strategy MMO from Elex Wireless, is celebrating Ramadan in prime fashion this year with limited time events, new castle skins, a new Arabic hero unit, and lots more to celebrate the ancient holiday. Read on to learn all about Clash of Kings’ Ramadan Promotion!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    how is it any different than Easter or Christmas events?
    TillerAmatheVanchoraMusket-Squid[Deleted User]xEPIxCazrielKyleran
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Technically the Christian beliefs do not center around eggs, bunnies, and Santa as represented in the games.
    VanchoraZenJellydruezrodingoOzmodanAgent_JosephKyleran
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    edited May 2019

Horusra said:

Technically the Christian beliefs do not center around eggs, bunnies, and Santa as represented in the games.

as opposed to a buffet and a lamp?
    which is all this event has. . . . . .oh and a special Arab unit, but surely that doesn't have your knickers twisted. . .
    SBFordVanchoraZenJelly
  • VanchoraVanchora Member UncommonPosts: 19

Now real world religion interferes with fantasy gaming... not sure I'm liking that at all.

Dude in which world do you live? Ever seen a MMO without religion? Every MMO religion is in touch with some RL one or even has it's roots there.
    And those events they put in these days, I don't care.

SBFordCazrielOzmodan
  • VanchoraVanchora Member UncommonPosts: 19
    edited May 2019

Horusra said:

Look through the eyes of kids then try to bring that statement again ... Sorry but when I look at my children Easter means looking for chocolate eggs and chocolate bunnies, after they have them ... they go on, so not very different to an mmo
    Ozmodan
  • AwakenWarriorAwakenWarrior Member UncommonPosts: 49
    Why this game is so popular? Does it make another thematic religious events?
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited May 2019
    dup
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

you can thank the billionaire "philanthropists"

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538
    edited May 2019
    ....did they seriously sponsor something as stupid as this? Fun fact Ramadan isn't even supposed to be celebrated, as that contradicts the very purpose of it in the first place according to its origin. This is just painfully poor in its attempt to get some social capital out of this. Some companies will do anything for money.

Add: Not only do I now have a bad impression of the game Clash for Kings (total PR failure), but also mmorpg for sponsoring this.
    Ozmodan
  • sedriksedrik Member UncommonPosts: 9
    edited May 2019
    Korean companies don't care about religion, everything is only done for money.
    rodingo
  • DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538
    edited May 2019
    mmorpg doesn't sponsor it, it is a paid advert  , hence "sponsored" 
    Correct, what I was going for was the "acceptance of the sponsored content" as the problem, which I totally goofed on. Good catch.
    sedrik said:
    Korean companies don't care about religion, everything is only done for money.
    For what its worth, Elex Tech (company) is from China.
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    edited May 2019
    Easter and Chritmas are not Christian easter is pagan and Chritmas is on the 25th of December its the day Nimrod was born not not Christ.they just want to get a new day to make more money, keep Religion out of gaming i agree.
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Raquis said:
    Easter and Chritmas are not Christian easter is pagan and Chritmas is on the 25th of December its the day Nimrod was born not not Christ.they just want to get a new day to make more money, keep Religion out of gaming i agree.
    Constantine was very sly in why he picked Dec. 25th to celebrate Christ's Mass.  For Mithras (Roman Version of Nimrod) worshipers it was their high hold day and it was the major religion of the Roman Military. Constantine to kill the religion made Christ's Mass on that day and declared all not in a Christian church heretics and could not hold position in this military or government.  Also they were open to other punishments.  The start killing off Mithras worship.

OzmodanKyleran
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    That's right, if you want your religion in a video game surround it with some even wackier fantastical foolery to make it for "everybody" or you'll have to answer to the real American patriots of MMORPG.

bcbully
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    does any one even play clash of kings any way?
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Seems like a weird one to celebrate in the first place, but its a warlike ideology so perhaps its more fitting to be celebrated in a game like Clash of Kings etc. :/
    CyberFrog
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2019
    Phry said:
    Seems like a weird one to celebrate in the first place, but its a warlike ideology so perhaps its more fitting to be celebrated in a game like Clash of Kings etc. :/
    The problem in bringing actual traditions from real world religious holidays is they are often misunderstood by outsiders.

Ramadan is not a celebration of war, rather a month of fasting, reflection and thankfulness for Allah revealing the Quran to Mohammed. 

https://ing.org/ramadan-information-sheet/
    Cryomatrix

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

This trend will continue , it is happening everyuwhere to bend the knee to certain religion while trampling the rights of others.
    It is not about bending the knee. A large and bursting market is in the gulf arab states where they have money coming out of their ass. Perhaps, clash of clans, realized a large percent of their whales are in the arabian gulf and decided to pander to it. 

That is a thousand times more likely than the drivel you posted. If you are an actual saudi or qatari citizen you get free money from the gov't, also, arabic culture is very susceptible to being whales, given the ostentatious nature of tribalism which is the predominant arabic culture even more so in the gulf states. 
    edited May 2019
    Kyleran said:
    Phry said:
    The problem in bringing actual traditions from real world religious holidays is they are often misunderstood by outsiders.

Ramadan is not a celebration of war, rather a month of fasting, reflection and thankfulness for Allah revealing the Quran to Mohammed. 

Fyi, allah is translated as 'the one true god' and is different than the word for god in arabic.

Ilah = god in arabic.
    Allah = one true god

Kind of like devil is a generic word while satan is a specific word.

• CynehildCynehild Member UncommonPosts: 102
    I think it's cool. Personally I feel very out of touch with classes such as clerics/priest/crusaders in any games as they seem to refer to a certain religion only.

Same case with 'temples'. No matter what multi-cultural world games like ESO, DnDs, WoW, or any other RPGs attempt to represent, their temples always look like churches.

It's nice to see more representations, even if it's only for aesthetics sake.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Kyleran said:
    Phry said:

Wasn't so much about Ramadan but the ideology itself, Mohammed was a warlord whose achievements can probably be compared to Genghis khan.  :/
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    edited May 2019
    Kyleran said:
    Phry said:

Never mind, removed my own comment. This site ain't the right place for this type of discussion and I don't want to get a sponsored article's thread locked.
    SBFordPhry
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited May 2019
    Phry said:
    Kyleran said:
    Phry said:

Wasn't so much about Ramadan but the ideology itself, Mohammed was a warlord whose achievements can probably be compared to Genghis khan.  :/
    Fairly certain the Phillistines viewed King David in a similar light.  ;)

Kyleran said:
    Phry said:

Never mind, removed my own comment. This site ain't the right place for this type of discussion and I don't want to get a sponsored article's thread locked.
    Noble sentiment, but if I'm sponsoring a discussion is it better for a spirited debate to break out which might keep this thread at the front page or have it quickly fade from view which this one actually had done until @Phry posted his response?

As a paying customer I would expect the MMORPG moderators to keep the commentary loosely on topic, weed out the more caustic replies and ensure the conversation ran for as long as possible.

That said, if the sponsors really wanted their thread to gain traction they probably should have stated Ramadan is better done as a group activity rather than soloing all through the month.

I mean, you know someone will suggest all religion is P2W and away we go, 100 pages easy.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited May 2019

Phry said:

Kyleran said:

Phry said:

He is nothing close to a warlord compared to Timojin (Genghis Khan), there were several battles, but once they were won, prisoners were taken, women and children spared. 

Timojen killed millions for no other reason than conquest and loot. It isnt even a close comparison. 

Read some neutral stuff . . . For a better picture 
    Post edited by Cryomatrix on