Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inside Star Citizen is a New Weekly Series Exploring Development - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageInside Star Citizen is a New Weekly Series Exploring Development - MMORPG.com

Associate Creative Producer Jared Huckaby is the host of a brand new weekly series called "Inside Star Citizen". In each episode, viewers will get a peek inside the studio to see what developers are currently working on. This week's episode includes a "look at the new particle lighting system, public telemetry, Crusader's City in the clouds, and upcoming improvements to a classic ship", all based on Alpha 3.5.

Read the full story here

KyleranWalkinGlenn

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019
    Weekly, eh? So they are aiming for about 200 episodes or something? Did I just hit legendary with this post????? I can finally the join the ranks of DMKano, Kyleran, Slapshop and Wizardry! With great posting power comes great posting responsibility.
    SovrathTacticalZombeh
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2019
    Sadly even if this game turns out to be a 15/10 a AAAA better than a AAA,5 stars,god himself yells out BEST GAME EVER,they ruined it by breaking a golden rule>>>CASH SHOP.

You do not take the most important aspect of a game..the ships,and just sell them,that is like so pathetic and lame,there is no way i would ever play this game because of it.

I want to be immersed in the world,i want to feel like i am really living in the world,i do not ever want to feel like i am in a cash shop in virtual space.

So Mr.Roberts,you took the potential of a quality game and turned it into dumpster trash.
    bobbymcswanson

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Wizardry said:

Sadly even if this game turns out to be a 15/10 a AAAA better than a AAA,5 stars,god himself yells out BEST GAME EVER,they ruined it by breaking a golden rule>>>CASH SHOP.

You do not take the most important aspect of a game..the ships,and just sell them,that is like so pathetic and lame,there is no way i would ever play this game because of it.

I want to be immersed in the world,i want to feel like i am really living in the world,i do not ever want to feel like i am in a cash shop in virtual space.

So Mr.Roberts,you took the potential of a quality game and turned it into dumpster trash.

The game is not even out, no information about what will be the micro-transactions like all free MMO (SC don't have monthly subscription to play) and it is already ruined... Lol

Too bad you missed the concept of Crowdfunding, IE you pledge to get the product done and deliver. All ships are achievable with in game credits (at release) and some are already available in Alpha, also with Credits.
    Ships bought through pledges are Not more powerful than the same purchased in game. This is not even P2W but pay to make a game and potentially save time for those having more cash than time.

New comer in free MMO do encounter guys who started from scratch months or years ago. Is it fair? the guy level 40 can destroy the level 5. At the end, it makes zero difference for the level 5 guy.

In SC, 90% or the population will be NPC's, including Pirates. The guy in its starter ship will never know if he was shoot down by NPC, player who grind bigger ship or backer who pledged more ships with cash.

Last but not least, buying big ships won't help as they have to be played with friends to be edfficient... Bigger is not better. Skill matter more than anything else.

Note: by the way we love the "virtual space". Name a video game which is not virtual. EVE, the Witcher 3, NMS, Skyrim are a compilation of bits as far as we know :)
    kathileyrpmcmurphy
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Weekly updates are an ambitious goal. 
    Mendel

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ChristoffreChristoffre Newbie CommonPosts: 1

Amathe said:

Weekly updates are an ambitious goal. 

They have been doing weekly updates on YouTube for the last 6.5 years.
    The only difference this time is that they have updated the format, which they do every year or so.
    JoeBloberErillion
  • KraciusKracius Newbie CommonPosts: 2
    I really want to play this game in VR :D
    Maggon
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>>>
    >>>>

Feel free to enlighten us with your information source on the CIG plans to sell anything else than starter ships once the game has launched.

If you refer to the crowdfunding style financing of Star Citizen ... you might want to understand the CONCEPT of crowdfunding first. Where pledge packages are sold (in varying sizes). In the case of Star Citizen, every pledge packages includes also one or more ships. That is NOT the same as an in game ship buying shop for real world money.

The IN GAME cash shop of Star Citizen - according to current planning - offers
    * ship skins (existing)
    * BASIC ship modules (weapons, shields etc.) (existing)
    * temporary boosters  (planned, in the + 2-5 % range on turn rates, maybe speed etc.)
    * in game cash in very limited amounts (but the conversion rate to dollar (1000:1) is so ridiculously low that i personally do not think that people will use it much), with restrictions on amount per day you can convert (and far far less than is needed to buy even the smallest ship) (existing)

Have fun
    rpmcmurphy
  • rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Erillion said:

Feel free to enlighten us with your information source on the CIG plans to sell anything else than starter ships once the game has launched.

Chris used the Hornet as an example, a top tier fighter, absolutely not a starter ship.

Incoming rant from Erillion informing us that he knows Chris's mind better than Chris does....

Yawn.
    Erillion said:
    * in game cash in very limited amounts (but the conversion rate to dollar (1000:1) is so ridiculously low that i personally do not think that people will use it much), with restrictions on amount per day you can convert (and far far less than is needed to buy even the smallest ship) (existing)

You can stockpile as much in-game cash as you want, they removed the wallet cap.

They have long said that UEC sales will be an important part of their income after release, in which case it seems obvious that the exchange rate will be adjusted to encourage sales.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited May 2019
    Erillion said:

Chris used the Hornet as an example, a top tier fighter, absolutely not a starter ship.

Incoming rant from Erillion informing us that he knows Chris's mind better than Chris does....

Yawn.
    Erillion said:

You can stockpile as much in-game cash as you want, they removed the wallet cap.

They have long said that UEC sales will be an important part of their income after release, in which case it seems obvious that the exchange rate will be adjusted to encourage sales.

Let me see ... that is the ... 42nd time .... that the "Hornet" Bar-Citizen slip-of-tongue of Chris has been mentioned. And for the 42nd time i remind people that this has been officially corrected by CIG. And cannot be used as an argument for "OMG the sky is falling !1!! They sell something other than starter ships in game ..."  But hey, you are just using it for anti-SC propaganda reasons ... you already knew that your information was incorrect  ;-)

They may have removed wallet restrictions for TOTAL amount of UEC gathered (I think there NEVER was a limit on the total amount of UEC, only on the amount of daily converted UEC)  ... at the  ridiculously low 1000:1 conversion rate it will still not be enough to buy even one ship. Making your argument AGAIN null and void. With people earning billions and trillions of in game money through missions and trade in your average sci-fi game, getting in game money via real world money conversion at a 1000:1 rate is a theoretical option that will see basically no use for buying ships (basic modules at a few thousand UEC maybe ....)

That the exchange rate will be adjusted is speculation on your part. You DO know the difference between personal opinion and official fact, do you not ?

Have fun