Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apex Legends Headed to Mobile & to China as EA's Fastest Growing New Game Ever - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageApex Legends Headed to Mobile & to China as EA's Fastest Growing New Game Ever - MMORPG.com

During yesterday's EA investors' call, the company revealed that Apex Legends is its fastest growing new game ever. In addition, EA stated that 30% of the game's players are new to EA and that it is "working aggressively to bring the game to more players in more markets and platforms around the world". Those plans include release in China and for mobile devices.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    God knows I Fkin hate FPS! More so I hate the sight of EA laughing all the way to the bank!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846
    ....fastest growing and fastest shrinking game ever. In addition, 30% of the game's players are only here because of FOMO and EA is "working aggressively to milk those Chinese and phones"
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Xiaoki said:
    ....fastest growing and fastest shrinking game ever. In addition, 30% of the game's players are only here because of FOMO and EA is "working aggressively to milk those Chinese and phones"
    From a reddit thread of one of the Apex head developers, he sited that his company, unlike Epic and Fortnite, do not foster crunch culture, thus their updates will be quality ones but not as fast as the people who play Fortnite expect them to.
    This will inevitably lead to lower player retention.

If the lack of crunch culture is accurate, I'd both give them some slack and prefer their games.

On the other hand, they postponed Titanfall 3 indefinitely to better support Apex.
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    edited May 2019
    The game is shockingly nice. I'm at the point now where I've shifted from purely having fun with the game-play to costume collecting. The only problem is that the only way to get costumes, or anything else for that matter, is to purchase RNG loot boxes.

I'd rather pay for the game and earn cosmetics vs FTP with loot box sass. I'm about ready to quit. Playing less and less every day.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Just can't get into games like this. I like to relax at night with a beer and something that doesn't have me on the edge of my seat with my head on swivel. I do get though I'm not their market as the target audience is the Adderall generation.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I'm surprised it's being called a new game, when it's in the Titanfall universe and has the movement / weapons of Titanfall. 

I enjoy Apex Legends a lot, it's probably my favorite BR game. But I cannot play due to crashing. I ended up uninstalling as I crashed when I was mid burst on the last player in the game and about to win. 

They will not ever be able to retain as many players as Fortnite, but it will definitely be around for a long period of time as long as they keep updating the game. Also making sure you get the Chinese market is a smart move, especially on mobile. It will provide insane income for them.
  • AwakenWarriorAwakenWarrior Member UncommonPosts: 49
    edited May 2019
    They probably will have some problems with release in China because of Chinese censure.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited May 2019
    bcbully said:
    What about it, exactly?

It's also one of EAs few new F2P games that aren't browser-level games, so the player growth isn't as impressive as EA wants it to sound, evidenced by its slide in Twitch popularity since launching.