Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic WoW class, and why ?

124»

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,380
    k61977 said:
    btdt said:
    Galadourn said:
    'Bear' in mind (pun intended) that TBC classes played completely different from Classic classes.
    In Classic, if you wanted to raid, as a Druid you were a healer period.  You weren't a primary healer, you were off heals for the 'real' healers, Priests.  In your off time you could go feral and be a flag carrier in WSG but that was about it.  

The hybrid tax was real in classic.  They didn't want any class that could fill multiple roles to be better than those that could only do the one role.

So the Shaman, Druid, and Paladins were never equal to their peers.

Warriors were the defacto tanks whether they wanted to be or not. 

Melee DPS >> Rogue
    Ranged DPS >> Mage
    Tank >> Warrior
    Healer >> Priest

Everyone else >> Filler
    Agree with most except the ranged dps.  We ended up taking hunters more than mages for the reason if we needed another CC we had it.  CC was big in classic, just the trash mobs would wipe groups if one extra mob was pulled, that was part of what made it great.  Sure mages had poly but they couldn't really kite like a hunter if needed back then.  Hell can't think of any group that didn't want a hunter for UBER's just to kite the boss while you killed the guards. 
    yep one hunter at least for every tank, feign death pulling was a must
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,045
    Myrdynn said:
    k61977 said:
    btdt said:
    Galadourn said:
    'Bear' in mind (pun intended) that TBC classes played completely different from Classic classes.
    In Classic, if you wanted to raid, as a Druid you were a healer period.  You weren't a primary healer, you were off heals for the 'real' healers, Priests.  In your off time you could go feral and be a flag carrier in WSG but that was about it.  

The hybrid tax was real in classic.  They didn't want any class that could fill multiple roles to be better than those that could only do the one role.

So the Shaman, Druid, and Paladins were never equal to their peers.

Warriors were the defacto tanks whether they wanted to be or not. 

Melee DPS >> Rogue
    Ranged DPS >> Mage
    Tank >> Warrior
    Healer >> Priest

Everyone else >> Filler
    Agree with most except the ranged dps.  We ended up taking hunters more than mages for the reason if we needed another CC we had it.  CC was big in classic, just the trash mobs would wipe groups if one extra mob was pulled, that was part of what made it great.  Sure mages had poly but they couldn't really kite like a hunter if needed back then.  Hell can't think of any group that didn't want a hunter for UBER's just to kite the boss while you killed the guards. 
    yep one hunter at least for every tank, feign death pulling was a must
    Pulling Baron Geddon to the Garr room with your pet... ;)
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,174
    edited May 6
    DMKano said:
    Skip.

Just thinking about playing WoW again, the first question that comes to my mind is - why would I want to?

Cant find any compelling reason as it wont be the same experience

The game has changed 
    Players have changed
    And most importantly - I have changed

Dont need a redo for WoW - as I know how the story ends already.

Some things are best left as memories 

Just my 2c
    What do you like,
    I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but you often seem negative on most everything. 
    He likes being negative about everything.

Everybody needs a hobby. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like single player RPGs, and good ARPGs.

That's been my jam since I stopped playing mmos

I will give Pantheon a go but have super low expectations 
    delete5230
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 5,784
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Skip.

Just thinking about playing WoW again, the first question that comes to my mind is - why would I want to?

Cant find any compelling reason as it wont be the same experience

The game has changed 
    Players have changed
    And most importantly - I have changed

Dont need a redo for WoW - as I know how the story ends already.

Some things are best left as memories 

Just my 2c
    What do you like,
    I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but you often seem negative on most everything. 
    He likes being negative about everything.

Everybody needs a hobby. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like single player RPGs, and good ARPGs.

That's been my jam since I stopped playing mmos

I will give Pantheon a go but have super low expectations 
    Fair enough :) 

For Pantheon I have high hype, but low expectations for the first year... I think it will be a mess.... Hope not !...... I know I will like the style enough to stick it through the bad times. 
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 526
    You are doing a GIGANTIC mistake if you go into Classic with the mentality of how the classes work NOW. Back then, some classes were borderline useless and many specs WERE useless compared to others. Many mechanics [like the Warlock's] were not just "press and it worked" like they are now, you had to kill A TON of mobs in order to have enough soul shards to do what you needed to do as a Warlock.
    delete5230
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 5,784
    Asch126 said:
    You are doing a GIGANTIC mistake if you go into Classic with the mentality of how the classes work NOW. Back then, some classes were borderline useless and many specs WERE useless compared to others. Many mechanics [like the Warlock's] were not just "press and it worked" like they are now, you had to kill A TON of mobs in order to have enough soul shards to do what you needed to do as a Warlock.
    I agree but I think everyone already understands that already.
    It's better that way and it's what people want.

Thats why this post is 4 pages long.  Believe me it's not because of my post, its because of the game.