Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many MMOs are you ACTIVELY playing, if any?

BaalzharonBaalzharon Member RarePosts: 514
Just curious what MMORPG.com members are currently playing

Currently I'm subbed to FFXIV. In FFXIV got a free expansion and they allow character model editing as long as someone doesn't brag about it in game or on their account, which is what led me to playing it. And WoW I'm subbed too

I'll probably just stay subbed to both, since 30 dollars isnt that much every month for two massive games. Then I can just switch between them when I get bored of one. Heck one single pearl outfit in BDO costs 30 USD lol. Games with a cash shop are always way more expensive in the long run as someone who wants to buy everything there is. So monthly subs are cheaper for me.

Other than that, I'm playing Surviving Mars, Civ 6, Thea 2, Starcraft 2 (co-op/arcade) and Heroes of the Storm. Might start don't starve together with my friend, or maybe terraria, we haven't fully decided yet.

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Playing Lineage 2 Classic while waiting on A:IR, Astellia, Bless Unleashed and Lost Ark. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Lord of the Rings Online and Elder Scrolls Online.

Sometimes Black Desert.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    edited May 2019
    FFXIV leveling my tanks up through PoTD / HH + w/e random world train is happening when I'm not doing that.

Playing Surviving Mars offline thanks to Quill18 YTer

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Playing BDO and TERA at the moment, with an occasional bit of ESO. 

I'm waiting for WoW classic this summer. 
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 875
    Playing lord of the rings and might dabble in ddo just depends right now i have a lot of content I never did in lotro. 
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Actively none, GW2 on and off

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Entropia on and off. 

@OP, i just started playing SC 2 again, i'm just as terrible as I used to be 6 years ago. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Archeage. Granted that it was p2w for a long time, it's no longer the case. But it's still a lot of work. You still need to grind gold. And the community can be quite toxic. Yet here I am. Still playing since beta.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    daylies STO ,LOTRO for weekends
  • snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Eso only

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited May 2019
    I guess the keyword here is actively (or more precisely ACTIVELY :smile: )
    Personally I used to keep my focus on one game for a month, while occasionally (player-made or game events, etc.) log in to 2-3 others... so for the "how many" I'd say 1-4, since when I'm in an event, I play it actively.

However, I also used to rotate those games every month, MMOhopper-style, since I don't like to play (and keep being subbed to) multiple games at the same time, but I'd still like to play and stay up-to-date in my favourite games. In this meaning, let's say over the course of a year, I actively play 3 games (was 4 for years, but then Funcom killed TSW), just switching them every month.

The layout ain't around "active", because of I'm lucky enough to still find fun in the genre, so to speak :smiley:
    I have "main games" and a lot of secondary ones. I jump around my main games each month, while following the happenings in all the others and log in for a short play there too when there's an occasion.
    The mains are LotRO, AoC and STO, currently playing LotRO. During the last couple years CO started to move up from secondary and join the fray, sometimes even by replacing STO for a few months...
  • Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346
    0 Actively, 1 while daydreaming "Classic WoW".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Well, I am actively subbed to two. But actively playing? Not really.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Kyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322
    None currently. 

I'm getting my multiplayer fix with The Division 2, but that's growing stale as well already.  There is a chance that I'll go back to an older MMO after I'm bored with pseudo MMO's like TD2 and Borderlands 3 and it very well could be Vanilla WOW if it's released this year. 

I'm not really looking forward to any new MMO's currently. I have slight interest in Pantheon. I just don't do crowd funding, so I would never give any money to the project until it's in a completed state.  Also, if history has anything to say, I think its it's unlikely Pantheon will keep many of it's promised features, if it ever releases in a solid state to begin with.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    None, with little of interest on the near horizon.

Is OK, keeping busy with POE for now. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    AO when friends are on, SWG keeping my labs going, lvling through ff14 for the first time.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited May 2019
    None. 

Last mmo I played seriously was BDO and prior to that, Archeage. I mainly stopped playing Archeage due to being "forced" to log in the game to get money to keep apex on for house taxes and this quickly felt like I'm doing a job and killed all the joy in the game. BDO mainly for lack of PVE content and a little gold too as it's quite demanding for upgrading gear/weapons.

I'm still hopeful for future mmos. I still check what's coming out and see if they're interesting, and for now A:IR is the top one as it's steampunk.

Whether it's going to be good or bad we shall see, but I can no longer devote so many hours per day (with school and all) or risk losing your stuff (archeage), and falling behind (regrading). If I can manage PVE wise, I'll be happy. I don't care about PVP at all.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Bloodaxes said:

I'm still hopeful for future mmos. I still check what's coming out and see if they're interesting, and for now A:IR is the top one as it's steampunk.

Whether it's going to be good or bad we shall see
    Maybe this will help ...

Mikeha
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    1, ESO.

playing more than one mmo is .... work.
    Kyleran

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited May 2019
    Sovrath said:
    Bloodaxes said:

Whether it's going to be good or bad we shall see
    Maybe this will help ...

wtf is wrong with the text? english names on chars, and then.... what is that, hindy text on quests and stuff?

seriously,  if a company can't even decide on one bloody language - or even one letter set, i think i rather skip that one. there will obviously be more inconsistence

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    ESO is my main mmo for quite sometime now and I don't think I'll ever quit playing it for a long long time. Other than that I'm playing Dofus on and off for years now.
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    One and maybe a half.

Right now it's AlterAeon.  Back in it and leveling.  The class builder in it is pretty cool, so making an ammo/consumable heavy build, and it's starting to come together now.

Maybe Screeps.   Though more of a my colony running itself.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• vanderghastvanderghast Member UncommonPosts: 309
    none at the moment.  have played everything and there's nothing new and as much as i try I can't go back to any of the old ones.  Keep trying ESO numerous times but can't get past the ugly graphics and boring classes.
    snoocky
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Everquest progression server, Warframe/PoE(since we call those mmo now) in sprints on and off.
    +Bunch of other genre games, since modern mmorpgs suck balls.
    Kyleran