Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Epic Proves Nothing is Safe in Fortnite as Tilted Towers Goes Down in a Fiery Blaze - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageEpic Proves Nothing is Safe in Fortnite as Tilted Towers Goes Down in a Fiery Blaze - MMORPG.com

Epic Games is proving that nothing is safe in Fortnite after last night's destruction of Tilted Towers. The volcano that has been active since Season 8. It's eruption not only took out the popular Tilted Towers location but also damaged Retail Row, Greasy Grove and Polar Peak. All this comes just days ahead of the start of Season 9 on May 9th.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    fine, but i am not into PvP side of games. I am however awaiting the save the world to actually get a free release (its late), was supposed to have been last year but in november it was then delayed till the 1st quarter of 2019 (late again) now its sometime in 2019 and already peeps are saying 2020 or it wont be made free.

Was a big mistake to close H1Z1 single player version, and to concentrate on going against PUBG and Fortnite and lose.
    BlueThunderBear
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

fine, but i am not into PvP side of games. I am however awaiting the save the world to actually get a free release (its late), was supposed to have been last year but in november it was then delayed till the 1st quarter of 2019 (late again) now its sometime in 2019 and already peeps are saying 2020 or it wont be made free.

Was a big mistake to close H1Z1 single player version, and to concentrate on going against PUBG and Fortnite and lose.

H1Z1 was never going to be able to compete with those games and the developers shouldve known that. H1Z1 was kind of a niche game and trying to force it to compete with mainstream success was an error in judgement.
    Ungood
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I just wish that MMOs would take a clue from this and actually have worlds that change....ofc, I also realize that with leveling territory needed and so forth, it also has to stay the same :/ 

Still, pretty cool. :)
    gervaise1UNH0LYEV1LUngood

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    If they didn't take the clue when this happened...

I'm not holding my breath.
    rojoArcueid
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Got to keep it fresh somehow. What better way....
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204

Don't get too hype for save the world F2p.....I bought it half off at one point just to use the daily quests and progression to get vbucks for pvp skins.....I was expecting to enjoy it as a refreshing break from pvp....not so....it is insanely boring and redundant.....there is a reason it didn't take off...
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    I have no idea what I just watched take place nor the significance of it, lol
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    I have no idea what I just watched take place nor the significance of it, lol
    The Fortnite devs shook thinks; which should help keep the game fresh.
    Ungood
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited May 2019

<snip>

H1Z1 was never going to be able to compete with those games and the developers shouldve known that. H1Z1 was kind of a niche game and trying to force it to compete with mainstream success was an error in judgement.
    Tough for H1Z1 to compete with Fortnite or PUBG when it launched since neither of them had released / entered EA!
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
  • Rastan1Rastan1 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    H1Z1 could have been awesome but then... well... daybreak.... what have they done that was remotely good? Def a hype dev team gone to pot int he wake of financial failures.
  • LurvLurv Member UncommonPosts: 409
    A game full of pre pubescent Ninja wannabe streamers and grown tryhards who think this game is actually good. I played for about a week. Didn't do too bad. But was just completely bored. Maybe it has to do with the cartoony bullshit and the aim above your head from 10 ft away to land a hit. This game should hurry up and die.

Getting too old for this $&17!

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited May 2019
    jesus fucking christ, that vid was annoying as hell to watch with those histerical girls screaming all day about EVERY shit "uuuuh i dropped! uuuuh i am not dead! uuuuuuh! LOOK AT ME WHILE I AM SCREAMING LIKE SHIT AAAAAAAH!"

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    That video is pure cringe, how in the world can anyone find that entertaining?
    JeffSpicoli

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited May 2019

SBFord said:

I just wish that MMOs would take a clue from this and actually have worlds that change....ofc, I also realize that with leveling territory needed and so forth, it also has to stay the same :/ 

Still, pretty cool. :)

Yeah because that worked out so well in World of Warcraft expansion Cataclysm  :D
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Apparently his 6 million subscribers on youtube do. Its as if the world has become a parody of itself
    kryntok
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

Apparently his 6 million subscribers on youtube do. Its as if the world has become a parody of itself
    Watching someone play a video game, period, for other-than-informational reasons is already a parody of itself.

It's like watching folks drink beer at a bar. "Nah, I'm good, I get drunk from watching folks consume alcohol, instead."
    kryntok

• ragebulletragebullet Member UncommonPosts: 55

Watching someone play a video game, period, for other-than-informational reasons is already a parody of itself.

It's like watching folks drink beer at a bar. "Nah, I'm good, I get drunk from watching folks consume alcohol, instead."

I like to think of my childhood when i was too young to play video games and sucked, so id sit and watch my brother play as he was a bit older and more skilled when it came to thumbs haha. i think twitch really captures that for the most part. But to each there own i suppose :)
    MadFrenchie
  • donpadrexdonpadrex Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Hop hop everyone. Go play it and spend some money. Beta testing games for Steam ain't cheap you know.