Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic WoW class, and why ?

13»

Comments

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    I remember helping a party of level 2 NEs make their way thru there.  Boy talk about monster bait. It was like the cookie on the chuck wagon ringing the triangle yelling "Come and get it!". Mobs from "miles" around would be eying up these NEs. They laugh alot for each time they died.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Kyleran said:
    Phry said:
    If you quote someone, it's assumed that you answer to that person. I thought this was common knowledge on forums... my bad for this gross overestimation.
    Games change quite a bit over time sometimes, imagine you were an Eve Online player who had only experienced the last 2 years of the game, and you were suddenly dropped into Eve Online year 1, no safeties! can flipping and all sorts of shenanigans that todays Eve largely protects players from, it would be much the same for any WoW player who had maybe only experienced the last few years of WoW, the difference between that and Classic WoW are pretty extreme so unless you had been there since year 1 etc. which not many these days probably have, your experience is a little unique so you are in the enviable position of having a lot of knowledge that newer players do not. Once Classic WoW has released i dare say a lot of players interested in the game are going to be looking for as much advice etc. as they can.  ;)
    Those advices though are quite bad ones. At level 6, you have other things to worry about than to go out seeking flight path and other capital cities, unless of course, you enjoy that or you want to join some friends who started with another race.
    All you will get anyway is a repair bill... remember that run through Wetlands for any Night Elf wanting to join friends on Eastern Kingdoms ?
    Oh yeah, I recall damn spiders chasing me....
    @Jean-Luc_Picard many many better things to be doing around that level. But I mean, look who he is arguing with. Kinda makes all the real points fall on one side.
    [Deleted User]

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Mage master race. B)

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I just did the run between Loch Modan and Menethil Harbor with my level 7 Warlock just now. 

I can't believe so many are trying to make a big deal about it.... I gained almost a level of exp too that you wouldn't get much at higher levels. Hurbed, skinned and got a few flight paths along the way.  As I was going through Dun Algaz (tunnel network) their is an unavoidable high level Orc on the path.  I simply attacked him with my Imp instead of me to take the agro and ran right by him, didn't even kill my imp, EASY !.... The Alligator is easily avoidable as long as you know where his is. 

Nothing worst than being available for a group event and not having the flight paths. I always get as many as I can early :)
    DMKano said:
    Skip.

Just thinking about playing WoW again, the first question that comes to my mind is - why would I want to?

Cant find any compelling reason as it wont be the same experience

The game has changed 
    Players have changed
    And most importantly - I have changed

Dont need a redo for WoW - as I know how the story ends already.

Some things are best left as memories 

Just my 2c
    What do you like,
    I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but you often seem negative on most everything. 
    Hatefull
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    DMKano said:
    Skip.

Just thinking about playing WoW again, the first question that comes to my mind is - why would I want to?

The game has changed 
    Players have changed

Just my 2c
    What do you like,
    I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but you often seem negative on most everything. 
    He likes being negative about everything.

Everybody needs a hobby. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hatefull[Deleted User]
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Oh is this about classic WoW and not the vanilla/classic classes? Didn't read past thread title. Guess I should bother reading the content and not be lazy xD Now I look like a fool or/and a troll :(

In that case, paladin is probably best classic WoW class or hunter. Paladin and hunter are the two classes you can actually do stuff on your own in classic WoW. No one likes hunters in classic WoW though, you'll get blamed for EVERYTHING
    Yeah in Vanilla classic there was no DH, none that was playable. Paladin was Alliance only, Shaman was Horde only. There were no DK either, Dk came in WotLK and Dh with Legion, and no monks as they came with the Panda expansion, or worst expansion imo.

Furthermore, There were no Pandas, Worgen, Draenei, Blood Elves, Goblins, High Mountain Tauren, Nightborne, Lightforged Draenei, Dark Iron, Kul Tiran, Mag'Har, or Zandalari as playable races.

It's called Vanilla WoW or classic as it was the very basic (although arguably much harder) game.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    DMKano said:
    Skip.

The game has changed 
    Players have changed

Just my 2c
    What do you like,

He wasn't always negative about everything.
    But then Trion sold out.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    I am going Tanking with my warrior and Holy\Disc with my Priest.  

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    havent read thru this and maybe I am late to the party but....

WARLOCK...cause MOAR DOTS!!!
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    k61977 said:
    btdt said:
    Galadourn said:
    'Bear' in mind (pun intended) that TBC classes played completely different from Classic classes.
    In Classic, if you wanted to raid, as a Druid you were a healer period.  You weren't a primary healer, you were off heals for the 'real' healers, Priests.  In your off time you could go feral and be a flag carrier in WSG but that was about it.  

The hybrid tax was real in classic.  They didn't want any class that could fill multiple roles to be better than those that could only do the one role.

So the Shaman, Druid, and Paladins were never equal to their peers.

Warriors were the defacto tanks whether they wanted to be or not. 

Melee DPS >> Rogue
    Ranged DPS >> Mage
    Tank >> Warrior
    Healer >> Priest

Everyone else >> Filler
    Agree with most except the ranged dps.  We ended up taking hunters more than mages for the reason if we needed another CC we had it.  CC was big in classic, just the trash mobs would wipe groups if one extra mob was pulled, that was part of what made it great.  Sure mages had poly but they couldn't really kite like a hunter if needed back then.  Hell can't think of any group that didn't want a hunter for UBER's just to kite the boss while you killed the guards. 
    yep one hunter at least for every tank, feign death pulling was a must
    DMKano said:
    DMKano said:
    Skip.

The game has changed 
    Players have changed

Just my 2c
    What do you like,

I like single player RPGs, and good ARPGs.

That's been my jam since I stopped playing mmos

I will give Pantheon a go but have super low expectations 
    Fair enough :) 

For Pantheon I have high hype, but low expectations for the first year... I think it will be a mess.... Hope not !...... I know I will like the style enough to stick it through the bad times. 
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    You are doing a GIGANTIC mistake if you go into Classic with the mentality of how the classes work NOW. Back then, some classes were borderline useless and many specs WERE useless compared to others. Many mechanics [like the Warlock's] were not just "press and it worked" like they are now, you had to kill A TON of mobs in order to have enough soul shards to do what you needed to do as a Warlock.
    delete5230
    Asch126 said:
    You are doing a GIGANTIC mistake if you go into Classic with the mentality of how the classes work NOW. Back then, some classes were borderline useless and many specs WERE useless compared to others. Many mechanics [like the Warlock's] were not just "press and it worked" like they are now, you had to kill A TON of mobs in order to have enough soul shards to do what you needed to do as a Warlock.
    I agree but I think everyone already understands that already.
    It's better that way and it's what people want.

Thats why this post is 4 pages long.  Believe me it's not because of my post, its because of the game.