Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic WoW class, and why ?

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    k61977 said:
    Dual logging Hunter and Warrior. Horde of course, both Tauren (what else?).
    Hunter for farming, Warrior for tanking.

It makes leveling a tank so much easier and pleasant in classic, and way less frustrating at end game when you have to farm so much crap.

I'll probably also roll a Shaman and a Warlock at some point.
    Curious if they are using the original racial traits if so you would actually lose 5% pet damage not rolling an Orc.  One of their original traits was hunter or warlock specific for that.
    I never cared much about racial bonuses, I rather play a race that I visually enjoy.
    Race is ONLY AN ISSUE until level 6 starting areas !!

After that you'll be working out of major cities for class abilities and none of that matters other than looking at your own avatar.

Hint:
    By level 6, begin searching out flight paths and all major cities. 
    VengeSunsoar
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Classic WoW, it might be the only real hope for 'future' WoW. BfA has utterly failed and probably can't be fixed, after the last financials that indicated Blizzard had lost 3 million or so players generally, unless they come up with a new IP or something, then addressing those losses is likely only something that Classic WoW can attempt to achieve, maybe. :/
    delete5230Galadournkitarad
    edited May 2019
    I was playing WoW during beta and at US release day in Nov. 2004, I don't need any hints or advises...
    The hints are not for you... What makes you think your so important ?
    Their for everyone.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    lol @ shaman totems are too much work.

dual wield 2 hand shamy, bro. go for the real dmg.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• BisWinterBisWinter Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Test
    If you quote someone, it's assumed that you answer to that person. I thought this was common knowledge on forums... my bad for this gross overestimation.
    If anything at all, I was sticking up for your post. Race does not matter other than avatar.

Hay, it's 6:25 est here if you want to go round-and-round again, I have all day.  With the exception i'll be going out between 11;30 and 3 pm, but after that I'm free to go at it again :)

It's up to you ,your choice, I don't mind !
    BisWinter said:
    Test
    Test confirmed :)
    If you quote someone, it's assumed that you answer to that person. I thought this was common knowledge on forums... my bad for this gross overestimation.
    Games change quite a bit over time sometimes, imagine you were an Eve Online player who had only experienced the last 2 years of the game, and you were suddenly dropped into Eve Online year 1, no safeties! can flipping and all sorts of shenanigans that todays Eve largely protects players from, it would be much the same for any WoW player who had maybe only experienced the last few years of WoW, the difference between that and Classic WoW are pretty extreme so unless you had been there since year 1 etc. which not many these days probably have, your experience is a little unique so you are in the enviable position of having a lot of knowledge that newer players do not. Once Classic WoW has released i dare say a lot of players interested in the game are going to be looking for as much advice etc. as they can.  ;)
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    Mage + Gnomish Engineering! LETS GO PVP! 

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    My classic gnome warlock was tormented by undead rogue's. I couldn't fish, farm, quest, enjoy a sunset in Elwyen forest without getting stunned and raped by undead rogues. I still have a ingame PTSD of sorts and always to this day still have a paranoia that im going to hear the dreaded wail of a sapped gnome while my little body lays helplessly slumped over as some whitewalker stabs me to death. 

With that said i will be playing a Undead Rogue, for the hunted shall become the Hunter... >:)  
    The PTSD is real lmfao. Lock main here. Just reading the thread title I thought lock of course. Then I was flooded with traumatic memories, and the thought rogue.
    Hatefull
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Mensur said:
    Subtlety Rogue for me.
    But this intriguing, what does engineering do for pvp ?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Phry said:
    Games change quite a bit over time sometimes, imagine you were an Eve Online player who had only experienced the last 2 years of the game, and you were suddenly dropped into Eve Online year 1, no safeties! can flipping and all sorts of shenanigans that todays Eve largely protects players from, it would be much the same for any WoW player who had maybe only experienced the last few years of WoW, the difference between that and Classic WoW are pretty extreme so unless you had been there since year 1 etc. which not many these days probably have, your experience is a little unique so you are in the enviable position of having a lot of knowledge that newer players do not. Once Classic WoW has released i dare say a lot of players interested in the game are going to be looking for as much advice etc. as they can.  ;)
    Those advices though are quite bad ones. At level 6, you have other things to worry about than to go out seeking flight path and other capital cities, unless of course, you enjoy that or you want to join some friends who started with another race.
    All you will get anyway is a repair bill... remember that run through Wetlands for any Night Elf wanting to join friends on Eastern Kingdoms ?
    I remember. Good times. I’d never do it again lol 
    Phry[Deleted User]Hatefull
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Mensur said:
    Subtlety Rogue for me.
    But this intriguing, what does engineering do for pvp ?
    Things to make people go 'boom' ... i think they used to make 'decent' ammo for hunters too, looking forward to using arrows/bullets again, i think taking that away was just one of the many mistakes they made when they 'simplified' so many of the classes. ;)
    bcbully
    Phry said:
    Those advices though are quite bad ones. At level 6, you have other things to worry about than to go out seeking flight path and other capital cities, unless of course, you enjoy that or you want to join some friends who started with another race.
    All you will get anyway is a repair bill... remember that run through Wetlands for any Night Elf wanting to join friends on Eastern Kingdoms ?
    Well, I guess we go at it all day.... I'm ok with that.

Pro tip :
    By level 6 +/- you gain good good exp by doing the traveling you would be doing later on anyway. However it's good low exp for low level... When done, simply Hartstone back to where you were.

Between Wetlands and the gates of Ironforge is really a simple run when you think about it. It's just long.  One alligator may get you, it's the only danger (I'll bet it's a joke developers put it their as a goof on players).  Going from Ironforge to Stormwind is just a matter of going through the portal...... Hay, while their visit Goldshire too :) 

By doing this each major city has "weapons trainers".  Depending on class, they could be important to get things like bow and gun training very early !...helps a lot.

Important:
    If it's true vanilla, EVERY PLAYER will run out of quest by leveling to 20 if you don't play all appropriate zones at the same time for that level range.... So no choice.

Should I go on, with PRO TIPS ?..... Since this will be an all day affair (since your asking for it) I figure PRO TIPS should get you.

Remember you asked for this NOT ME!  
    edited May 2019
    Level 5 Warlock here, names ddave :)

I just logged into "Kronos 4" and did a population check, using the social panel 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 and so on to 60.  Each range has a full 50 players (understand 50 is the cap it will display).  To do an accurate full count of players  I would have to break my search down to class and level range..... But I think you get my point..... The server is packed solid.  Add that I poked my nose into Stormwind and it's bustling with happy players.  Every 10 minuets is an announcement Warsaw Gulch 10-20 has started. This is telling me Battle grounds are active.  

They have their own Discord channel.  But if you go into Guild recruitment their are guilds advertising for their own Discord.... So the community runs deep, very deep !!!

Worried about 90 gold by level 40 to get your mount ?... Remember that Warlocks and Paladins get a free mount at 40. 

Don't let anyone tell you different, this server is not broken in my experience of years of play. I will say it's known Druids are a weak class and Utaman has a bugged first boss, but that it !

Remember Kronos 4, not Kronos 3
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Class?.....
    FFXIV has Jobs silly.
  • LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190
    1) Feral NE druid - herb/mine
    2) Ice Gnome mage - eng/alchy
    Lheiah said:
    Never liked mage, but never played them long...hmm... Frost mage.

Your the second person that talked about engineering, whats really good about it ?
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited May 2019
    Even though i only tried Vanilla/TBC WoW on private servers. Enchancement Shamam was my thing before, and still is on current WoW. It plays better today being less dependant on auto attacks, but i miss the massive damage it dealt back when it triggered maelstrom weapon and a vortex covered the shaman to show the effect. It was very satisfying.
    bcbully[Deleted User]Vermillion_Raventhal

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    edited May 2019
    never mind
    Post edited by Hatefull on

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Undead Shadow Priest, Undead for devouring plague. Originally played rogue and lock in classic, hardcore raiding on the Rogue and PvP on the lock. 
    [Deleted User]
  • LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190
    edited May 2019
    Lheiah said:
    Never liked mage, but never played them long...hmm... Frost mage.

Your the second person that talked about engineering, whats really good about it ?
    Frost mage is awesome for pvp with all the chill affects. Male gnome lol will drive the opposition absolutely nutz and cause them to over extend, it's better than a pve taunt. Frost mage is only toon I ever got the Iron Man achievement: 20 kills with no deaths.

Engineer for all the trinkets and early helms, plus it feeds my gatherer fishing lures. :)

Post edited by Lheiah on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Phry said:
    Oh yeah, I recall damn spiders chasing me....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon