Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reports Indicate that Disney is Not Interested in Buying Nexon - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageReports Indicate that Disney is Not Interested in Buying Nexon - MMORPG.com News

Contrary to reports last month that Disney may have expressed interested in buying Nexon, a second report from South Korean newspaper The Chosun Ilbo calls that into question. An official "well-versed in the sale of Nexon" told the publication that, while Kim Jung-ju had approached Disney officials, the offer was refused. According to the article, Kim Jung-ju may also be interested in approaching other Western companies including Amazon.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Other companies interested in buying Nexon?

Ask EA or Activision Blizzard.

I'd be happy if this company died off; one of the most egregious p2w publishers on the planet ruining practically every game they publish with their MTX.
    chocolate42069chojin2kGdemamiwingood
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    edited May 2019
    pfff, nexon.

why would disney buy em? was obviously a hoax to make other parties at least kinda interested in buying them

and yes, we have phones, i also have a hairdrier, doesn't mean i play games on it tho. we are gamers, no filthy casuals
    Cyber_wastelandchocolate42069WhiteLanternConstantineMerusGdemamiwingood

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I don't think it means they are not interested,just not at the asking price.Besides that is not how business deals are done,you don't walk in and the other party just says yes lol.

There would be posturing back n forth,let them soak in it mag in hopes they come back with a much lesser asking price.If you stand outside with the red carpet waving flags YES YES,then Nexxon can pretty much ask any price.

I feel ANY business with loads of money would most certainly be interested because Nexxon makes a lot of money,what filthy rich business owners don't like money?

I bet EVERY single entity they ask will say no...the first time ,then talks begin.
    Yes Nexxon is scum for the way they run their cash shops but you can blame your fellow gamer's for that,you can only attain what others are willing to pay for right?

There is a bit of an epidemic ,an addiction where these publishers know every new game gets a huge influx of money for a very short time,then begins to fade away over a fast period of time.So all the developers and publishers now are making very fast ,shallow games to simply grab that quick money then begin selling the next quick cash grab.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    If a company who actually believes in fair monetization (are any of those left?) bought nexon i would do a dance of joy

The mabinogi world (mabi + vindictus) is one of my favorites all time, and Mabinogi is such a cool sandbox experience.... but the cash shop ruins it.

Atlantica which was also originally Nexon is the same: completely unique in the mmo world but turned to crap from the cash shop.

Here's hoping.
    Alomarwingood

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• MalathoosMalathoos Member UncommonPosts: 199
    two private companies, one of them is Daybreak!!!

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    smart!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    So contrary to clickbait, totally unsupported speculation based solely on Nexon saying Disney ..... Disney are not at all interested.

Seriously its like saying:
    - I want to sell my house / car / fridge;
    - Hi neighbour across the street;
    - big report that neighbour across the street is interested in buying;
    - neighbour saying WTF I have no interest at all.
    [Deleted User]
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Wizardry said:

I don't think it means they are not interested,just not at the asking price.Besides that is not how business deals are done,you don't walk in and the other party just says yes lol.

There would be posturing back n forth,let them soak in it mag in hopes they come back with a much lesser asking price.If you stand outside with the red carpet waving flags YES YES,then Nexxon can pretty much ask any price.

I feel ANY business with loads of money would most certainly be interested because Nexxon makes a lot of money,what filthy rich business owners don't like money?

I bet EVERY single entity they ask will say no...the first time ,then talks begin.
    Yes Nexxon is scum for the way they run their cash shops but you can blame your fellow gamer's for that,you can only attain what others are willing to pay for right?

There is a bit of an epidemic ,an addiction where these publishers know every new game gets a huge influx of money for a very short time,then begins to fade away over a fast period of time.So all the developers and publishers now are making very fast ,shallow games to simply grab that quick money then begin selling the next quick cash grab.

As Warren Buffet says though: any investment can be a bad investment if you overpay. And based on the numbers the guy who owns Nexon has suggested that, imo, would be overpaying.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    Disney paid $4 billion for starwars ip, why would they pay $9 billion for nexon? It's not as popular let alone profitable deal.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Disney throwing its hat into the ring to buy off the planet with Walmart, Google, Amazon, and Apple.
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Buy it, sell it in smaller sections make enough money to live comfortably for 10 years.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Thane said:
    pfff, nexon.

why would disney buy em? was obviously a hoax to make other parties at least kinda interested in buying them

and yes, we have phones, i also have a hairdrier, doesn't mean i play games on it tho. we are gamers, no filthy casuals
    The image of Mini-Me gaming on a hair dryer is hereby tattooed on my brain till the end of time.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung