Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

As BioWare Looks Ahead to Dragon Age 4, It Remains Committed to Anthem - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageAs BioWare Looks Ahead to Dragon Age 4, It Remains Committed to Anthem - MMORPG.com

Over the course of the past week, several tweets have come out from the BioWare team that have raised concerns for Anthem while simultaneously getting fans excited about Dragon Age 4. Earlier this week, Mike Gamble responded to queries that he, Jonathan Warner and Mark Darrah had moved from the Anthem team over to the Dragon Age 4 team while Ben Irving and Chad Robertson remain to lead Anthem.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Thats what you get from "games as a service". At the moment the game is not going so hot, they move everyone away and leave it with skeleton crew.
    GdemamirojoArcueidXarktard3dom[Deleted User]Geddon95405Baalzharongastovski1Octagon7711TacticalZombeh

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    I really want Anthem to do good, but the game has no soul. Literally all there is to do is grind to get full legendary gear. But there is no point to the gear. All the content in game you get to choose the difficulty level. If you want to feel like a bad ass just play on normal mode with epic gear. Will be just the same as playing with legendary gear on grandmaster III difficultly. There is no point to getting gear, when you control the difficulty level of every mission.
    JeffSpicoliMensurGdemamiXarktardbobbymcswansoninfomatz

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited May 2019

toddze said:

I really want Anthem to do good, but the game has no soul. Literally all there is to do is grind to get full legendary gear. But there is no point to the gear. All the content in game you get to choose the difficulty level. If you want to feel like a bad ass just play on normal mode with epic gear. Will be just the same as playing with legendary gear on grandmaster III difficultly. There is no point to getting gear, when you control the difficulty level of every mission.

Boy did you nail it, I couldn't think of a better description to Anthem then simply "the game has no soul" Fortunately i saw this in dev gameplays and stayed clear. Not being on Steam also made this a easy NO Buy as well but even more so was the heart this game lacked.

Bioware is really getting good at releasing stinkers.
    GdemamiXarktardgastovski1
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Any news whether they reverted the decision to make DragonAge an Anthem clone (and a game as a service)?
    GdemamiXarktard
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    Dragon age will be a flop to! Just wait and see. These devs have lost it! Out with old in with new I say!
    JeffSpicoligastovski1

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited May 2019
    toddze said:
    More like play grandmaster 1 with masterwork gear. The baseline modifier on each masterwork piece really can make for some fun builds.

Beyond that, it really is an incomplete game with nothing to do long term.
    Post edited by Aeander on
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 490

Aeander said:

toddze said:

More like play grandmaster 1 with grandmaster gear. The baseline modifier on each grandmaster piece really can make for some fun builds.

I think you meant to say Masterwork gear.
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
    edited May 2019

Aeander said:

toddze said:

More like play grandmaster 1 with grandmaster gear. The baseline modifier on each grandmaster piece really can make for some fun builds.

I think you meant to say Masterwork gear.
    I did mean to say masterwork gear. 

I haven't played in like a couple weeks, ever since I realized "wow. I'm grinding for cosmetics just so I can look cooler in the same handful of missions I've been playing already."

My brain has already had Anthem fuck off until it gets good or I die. Feel free to place bets on which happens first.
  • diznikkadiznikka Member UncommonPosts: 13
    lol r u serious? theyre not even done with Anthem and theyre already moving on to another game? yup dont support these dbags.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    We've been Biolated again
    JeffSpicoliberlight[Deleted User]TacticalZombehjazzylawgastovski1infomatz
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    nice they are already thinking on the next trainwreck
    JeffSpicoli
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    I want to believe that DA4 couldn't be as bad as ME:A or DA:I. But seeing what bioware has accomplished as of late. I don't think they have it in them to make a good game, let alone a good Dragon Age game.
    JeffSpicolialkarionlogTacticalZombeh

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

I'm fully expecting Dragon Age 4 to be a trainwreck.

Dragon Age Inquisition was a boring dumpster fire, IMO. A single player RPG with no meaningful choices, poor storytelling, and MMO style busywork quests. Even worse than Mass Effect Andromeda, IMO.
    [Deleted User]RoinalkarionlogBrotherMaynardEldrachNildenPhrygastovski1infomatz
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Dead inside of a year from release.
    Dead inside of a quarter from release.
    Fixed it for you.
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    It's nice to hear they remain committed to Anthem, too bad the players don't.
    JeffSpicoliRoinvelimirius3dom[Deleted User][Deleted User]Gdemamiinfomatz
  • toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Aeander said:

toddze said:

More like play grandmaster 1 with masterwork gear. The baseline modifier on each masterwork piece really can make for some fun builds.

Really no difference except time grinding. Epic gear on normal, masterwork gear on grandmaster I, legendary on grandmaster III. Same exact missions. Zero point to the better gear when we can nerf all the content.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

toddze said:

Aeander said:

toddze said:

Really no difference except time grinding. Epic gear on normal, masterwork gear on grandmaster I, legendary on grandmaster III. Same exact missions. Zero point to the better gear when we can nerf all the content.
    What I mean to say is that the basic masterwork modifiers at least make your character more fun to play. 

Particularly modifiers that grant extra charges, refresh cooldowns, or rapidly build up ultimate charge would make the game noticeably more fun than just "play the game on hard with epic items."
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited May 2019
    Xarko said:
    It's nice to hear they remain committed to Anthem, too bad the players don't.
    Both parties are equally commented, but Bioware is better at lying about it.
    XarkoTacticalZombeh

• 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    They don't even know how to make a decent loot system in a looter shooter. What could possibly go wrong with DA4 using exactly the same "game as a four-months-long service" scheme as Anthem and Mass Effect Andromeda?

Thank you for your time!

I don't think the idea of reusing Anthem as Dragon Age 4 base has anyone exited.
    It sounds bad on face value, but if they are still forced to use the inadequate and threadbare Frostbite engine, it's their best way foreward.

Anthem has the framework for loot systems, third person, RPG systems, etc. already programmed in. It's far better for them to save time by building/fixing these for DA4 than it is for them to once again start from scratch with an engine that is otherwise only capable of first person shooters.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Aeander said:
    Dead inside of a quarter from release.
    Fixed it for you.
    :( yeah, you're probably right.
  • KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875
    why werent they committed to anthem when they were making it
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Aeander said:

Dragon Age Inquisition was a boring dumpster fire, IMO. A single player RPG with no meaningful choices, poor storytelling, and MMO style busywork quests. Even worse than Mass Effect Andromeda, IMO.
    I wouldn't say it was a "dumpster fire" at all.

It WAS boring. They hadn't figured out how to do an open world game and it looks like they just looked at mmorpg's and just filled it with fetch missions or collect this and that.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567

Aeander said:

I haven't bothered with MEA, but for the rest I couldn't agree more.

DA:O - the first and the last great DA game...