Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spellforce sale

GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,091
If anyone's interested, Spellforce franchise is hyper discounted right now on Steam. With that said,I have a question:

Which of these are actually worth a play?
StoneRoses

Comments

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,660
    Gorwe said:
    If anyone's interested, Spellforce franchise is hyper discounted right now on Steam. With that said,I have a question:

Which of these are actually worth a play?
    Haven't played the first 2, but Spellforce 3 is alright. It's flawed, but has its moments. Sometimes the AI is brutally stupid and can ruin your whole campaign. The interface, unit management, and movement can be frustrating. The RPG element with the heroes/generals is cool but unnecessary. At first it seemed cool, but looking back it feels more like filler than depth.

I'm not very good at this style of RTS. The pace is fast and I don't do well without some time to think and plan. That could be a big reason I'm hesitating recommending it. I think there are probably better games in the genre like Total War: Warhammer, but $20 for Spellforce is a pretty good deal.
    Gorweblueturtle13
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

It only took 3 people 8 words to rock Blizzard to its core.
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,091
    edited May 3
    I decided to take a slow path after reading steam reviews(bugs lol?) and decided to purchase only the first one. Let's take it in stride.