Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A king burns his title

AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
So a king on EU no longer wants to be a king. His title is going to be burnt. 

Will it get resold?
Another free kingdom event? 
Reverse auction? 

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    So I have been busy and haven't really followed closely.  Was this because:

A- Real life (sickness/incarceration)
    B- Crybaby (someone took his spot so he's taking his toys home)
    C- He's just a dick (Ruining the experience of anyone that joined his kingdom just as they were selecting spots)

Or something else?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Let me guess, the Tryggr king? I had thought EU picking was going to plan, from the little I know of it. Unlike NAW, where people are losing their shit. 

From what I remember. Caspian said ages back, if a king pulled out. That kingdom would still be "placed", just be an NPC. But maybe that was after DSS. Dam shitty move either way, last hour and all. Unless something from RL just came up.
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Some of his people were moaning thinking kingdom 3 was all kypiq and do he made it easy for them to pick elsewhere.

But I don't know all the details
    AnOldFart said:
    Some of his people were moaning thinking kingdom 3 was all kypiq and do he made it easy for them to pick elsewhere.

But I don't know all the details
    I see it now in an DSS drama thread. I don't understand the logic of it at all. Kypiq are one of 3 tribes. Yet he is acting and possibly his community like bloody babies. Since they always knew they be last pick as well.. just.. wow if he really melts his title. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Yeah, can't fathom why the king burned his title,  seems like a dumbass move to me.

In another kingdom 3 of 7 councilors quit the leadership but it appears the queen still reigns firmly on the throne.

Again not many solid details, allegations of besmirched reputations and all that.
    bcbully

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Dumb way to piss away $10000.  Maybe sell the account and try to recoup some of that expense.  But boy that will show them I guess.  This must be what is like to have vast amounts of money and not care about something that small.
    Nah this is just the very definition of a man child. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some behind the scenes deal being made. I can only hope Caspian tells him and his community to shove it, unlikely, but I can hope.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    a lot can happen in a few years.. they could have bought the title years ago, forgot about it, and then get some notification in the mail like 'Pick some land dude"

and they were all like "WTF, I thought that game went vaporware so I got married and started a life and shit.. I don't have time for this anymore"

HatefullDakeruAethaerynXarko
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ok I can tell you,

I believe he left due to some of his dukes moaning like hell about being kypiq, this was a way of saying "there you go, pick what you want".

He is taking a double duchy in another kingdom

He only pledged at king tier to help sbs and for the is hype. He pledged in the first hour of the KS.
    HatefullKyleranOctagon7711TorrskUngood
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I dunno if you can throw away 10 grand on being a virtual king you probably have more money than brains.
    ZenJellyHatefullbartoni33killerqueerGobstopper3DRoinXarko

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Nilden said:
    I dunno if you can throw away 10 grand on being a virtual king you probably have more money than brains.
    10k isn't a lot of money to some people.

Hatefullbartoni33Octagon7711killerqueeranemo
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Torrsk said:
    Dumb way to piss away $10000.  Maybe sell the account and try to recoup some of that expense.  But boy that will show them I guess.  This must be what is like to have vast amounts of money and not care about something that small.
    Nah this is just the very definition of a man child. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some behind the scenes deal being made. I can only hope Caspian tells him and his community to shove it, unlikely, but I can hope.
    Just wait until there is an actual game.Rivers of tears shall flow 

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited May 2019
    Ok so the Kingdom is going to remain Nirath but without a kingdom unless after selection someone buys it in the reverse auction thingy.

And it 100% wasn't a cry baby fit, it was Dragor getting annoyed with cry baby dukes and deciding he didn't want the hassle anymore.

So now those cry babies can do what they want and Dragor can do his own thing.

That's all totally my words and not his btw
    Kyleran
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    So in the absence of any game to play, everyone's generating huge amounts of drama instead ? :smiley:
    ManWithNoTan
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    But will they be able to get Cersei away from the throne?

Gut Out!
    [Deleted User]AnOldFart

What, me worry?

AnOldFart said:
    Ok so the Kingdom is going to remain Nirath but without a kingdom unless after selection someone buys it in the reverse auction thingy.

And it 100% wasn't a cry baby fit, it was Dragor getting annoyed with cry baby dukes and deciding he didn't want the hassle anymore.

This is what happens when you buy your leadership position with real money.

It’s the first but certainly not the last example.
    AnOldFart

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited May 2019
    AnOldFart said:

CoE's kingdoms are a bit like large guilds.

If I were asked to lead a guild where all the officers have bought their officer positions with real money, I know I'd resign.

EDIT: I didn't see Slapshot's post about buying leadership positions when I wrote this
    AnOldFartanemo

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    edited May 2019
    Sovrath said:
    Nilden said:
    10k isn't a lot of money to some people.

Sort of reinforces his point.

Buying power (P2W)...as if we need another example of how bad that is for gaming. When you can purchase your "officer" appointment in any type of player association you will never have the loyalty to the PA nor inspire the loyalty in followers as a person that has earned their way up.

Easy come easy go.
    KyleranGobstopper3DNilden

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

"I'm simply bored and I don't wan't it any more. Geeves, burn the kingdom. Teddy and I are going for a stroll in the garden."
    JeffSpicoliSpottyGekkoHatefullSlapshot1188bartoni33ManWithNoTanPingu2012Torrskseratinkillerqueerand 1 other.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    ANARCHY

no serious, where is the popcorn?
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    edited May 2019
    Have to agree when your nobles are p2w they will be expectant cry babies.

I'm still planning on giving up my barony in the first 6 months of the game (if it ever gets released). Does that make me:
    1) stupid
    2) cry baby
    3) generous
    4) a muppet
    ANARCHY

no serious, where is the popcorn?
    I agree, I wanted to see massive drama not an npc king until a replacement. 

Someone has made a play for the kingdom

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/31356/the-confederation-of-apaticia
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    AnOldFart said:

If they sell this guy's kingdom, it will be a case where someone loses something they paid for in a manner not specifically in the game's intended rules.  He *should* keep his kingdom and be able to join the game at a later date.  After all, SBS is going to keep his money.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Mendel said:
    AnOldFart said:

If they sell this guy's kingdom, it will be a case where someone loses something they paid for in a manner not specifically in the game's intended rules.  He *should* keep his kingdom and be able to join the game at a later date.  After all, SBS is going to keep his money.

It's what he wanted. 

He got a doubly duchy which in monetary value was the same of very close
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    edited May 2019
    AnOldFart said:
    Mendel said:
    AnOldFart said:

It's what he wanted. 

Hey man, I used to do double Dutch regularly when I was young, it was awesome and I didn’t have to pay dime. Ohh, wait.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Post edited by lahnmir on
    Kyleranbartoni33ManWithNoTanPingu2012HatefullRoin
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

edited May 2019
    lahnmir said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Mendel said:
    AnOldFart said:

It's what he wanted. 

Hey man, I used to do double Dutch regularly when I was young, it was awesome and I didn’t have to pay dime. Ohh, wait.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Er not that funny tbh. 
    Bit childish really
    bartoni33ManWithNoTanHatefullmmolou