Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Meet Executive Producer John Hight - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

imageWorld of Warcraft: Meet Executive Producer John Hight - MMORPG.com

We had the opportunity to chat with World of Warcraft’s Executive Producer John Hight who has been with the team since 2016. We wanted to learn more about his background and his work on WoW. Read our exclusive interview.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    His story about meeting Mike Morhaime for lunch is a crack up. :D
    [Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• qtaqqtaq Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Introduce all the new people you want WOW your time is done over out we are tired of your crap, Blizzcon will implode this year, nobody wants to play your old ass platform anymore, nobody wants to spend hours and hours building a weapon then get it totally yanked from them. Blizzard is an epic fail I would rather play Runescape (actually I am) as go back to WOW. Have a good day.
    WhiskeydustMaddog666LeirosGaladournRicardo5802Mouloxtos85
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    *raises hand* I want to play the old ass platform called "Classic", dunno about you....
    deniterLeiros
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Ion: "I know you are new to the team but keep in mind that things have changed. It's more about Money than Fun. Remember that."
    John: "But isn't Fun to the Player more important?"
    Ion: "That was the past. These fools will never leave if we just keep throwing them a Bone once in awhile. Easy Money."
    John: "Wish I knew that before I signed on with Blizzard."
    Ion: "Ok....Have a Great Day. Get to work."
    Galadourn

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• RenndRennd Member UncommonPosts: 37

qtaq said:

Introduce all the new people you want WOW your time is done over out we are tired of your crap, Blizzcon will implode this year, nobody wants to play your old ass platform anymore, nobody wants to spend hours and hours building a weapon then get it totally yanked from them. Blizzard is an epic fail I would rather play Runescape (actually I am) as go back to WOW. Have a good day.

You won't, maybe I won't but I'm pretty sure the game still has the biggest population from subscription based mmorpgs.

Game is still in top 10 on twitch after so many years even if most mmorpgs don't last in there for more than a month after release (patch or global)

Did they screw up? Fuck yes.
    Do people still want to play it? Seems they do.

tl:dr - "you" not "we"
    SovrathMaddog666Mouloxtos85
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    I always have time for executives In the gaming industry who used to produce/design games rather than suits who just parachute into the industry with no gaming background.

But WoW is on the rocks currently, all I see is posters asking for classic. Still if you have people like this they can turn things around, better than having suits from Ice Cream and Chemical companies for sure.
  • NevereverlandNevereverland Member UncommonPosts: 161
    With the wow right now, i just want to punch him in the face.
    black_isleMaddog666[Deleted User]
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It's a good interview to get. 
    SBFordMaddog666Ozmodan

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Not having any problems finding WQ groups or raid groups.
    Maddog666
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    He's been with the WoW team since 2016, so they've learned him gewd already!

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    A PR interview,keep the good ties with Blizzard.Like does anyone actually think it would be a good read to take someone NOT involved with the uprising of Wow and post some interview with him,Like to 99.9% of the people this guy is a nobody,no different than someone we pass on the street.
    My hunch,this site's business team contacted Blizzard or vice versa and this is the guy they gave you,i highly doubt anyone at mmorpg went specifically looking for this guy as being an exciting interview.

To PROVE how uninteresting this is,just look at all the comments,it is like nobody even cares about anything he had to say,,the last one being the best...."i still enjoy Wow".

Even his mention of PTR and bugs is just same old.What ALWAYS happens is reports go into variable importance,the lesser are pretty much tossed in the trash can,thanks for your effort to report but yeah no thanks.So they use a database to determine the QUANTITY of same issues to put that problem at the top of the pile.This does NOT mean as he eluded to that they are "stepping up the effort" this is OLD SCHOOL,done like this for the past 40 years of gaming.

You know what makes good reading,get some gaming expert,NOT tied in with Blizzard and have them give their take on ideas,design,improvements,problems etc etc.Interviewing some BIASED employee is going to do what,nothing yeah,just a PR move for business reasons.
    Has ANYONE ever asked or requested an interview from this nobody?I doubt it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Geddon95405Geddon95405 Member UncommonPosts: 111
    i feel like this guy's good intentions aren't trickling down all the way
    Scot

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women...

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    More likely are not trickling all the way up to the C-Suits.
    Ozmodan
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    I see allot of comments in regards to wow classic and how *you* are going to play it .. remove that itch! Just google one of the hundreds of classic servers out there and give it a go , see how long you last. Just thinking about it makes me want to reflexively altf4.
    RenndOzmodan
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Good read, great interview.
    SBFordOzmodan

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Had to pass on this. So salty right now about Blizzard and BFA. Uninstalled WoW for the first time in a long time. Cancelling your sub is one thing, but uninstalling means business!
    SBFordOzmodan[Deleted User]
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    When I hear the words "executive producer" I think of someone who is probably vastly overpaid that the company can do without.
    Ozmodan
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019

I think it's safe to assume the Trickle Down Theory never has worked well....

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    No one asked him why he ruined the game, seemed a very obvious question.  He should find another line of work.  I will bet someone is regretting promoting him to the position.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Viper482 said:
    Had to pass on this. So salty right now about Blizzard and BFA. Uninstalled WoW for the first time in a long time. Cancelling your sub is one thing, but uninstalling means business!
    I have done all of that too. But have you really taken it to the next level? Have you also removed the Battlenet launcher? Did you? Because I haven’t yet...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]Viper482
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

lahnmir said:

Viper482 said:

I have done all of that too. But have you really taken it to the next level? Have you also removed the Battlenet launcher? Did you? Because I haven’t yet...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

Done!
    lahnmir
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    edited May 2019
    We aren’t making this to pull down a paycheck.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!! Oh my fucking God, that was the best joke anyone from the WoW team has ever said since release!!! After all the bullshit they've done for years and all the controversial shit they've done since last Blizzcon, they legit think we'll believe they're not doing it for a paycheck!! They're "genuinely looking at people's feedback"? Really? You expect anyone to believe THAT?
  • KirtisKirtis Member UncommonPosts: 39

Asch126 said:

We aren’t making this to pull down a paycheck.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!! Oh my fucking God, that was the best joke anyone from the WoW team has ever said since release!!! After all the bullshit they've done for years and all the controversial shit they've done since last Blizzcon, they legit think we'll believe they're not doing it for a paycheck!!

They're "genuinely looking at people's feedback"? Really? You expect anyone to believe THAT?

May be they really genuinely think so, but then their boss (investor, or however he's called) comes and says: "you know, these players have phones - do something about that" :-) No, actually I don't believe in honesty of John Hight during this interview.

The problem is that there's noone left in Blizzard who actually raised up the idea of Vanilla WoW. The way they try to introduce Classic WoW shows how far from it they are. They care more how to make it look like Classic, than to make it feel like it was in Vanilla. They think, that if they'll make the game have the same bugs and short comes, pluss the old graphics then it will make players exited...

And honestly, if John Hight would have played WoW since the beta, he would not have made the game to go down the sewer drain like it did. These decisions regarding game development could be done only by the person who has no love for original WoW.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Yea yea yea Classic now please?!