Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feel a bit ripped off

Prime_DirectivePrime_Directive Member RarePosts: 1,543
I was doing my same old complaining in chat about content locks with character progression and how I would have to buy Summerset to get the Psijic guild skill line. Someone posted back saying the bought all the current content for 20 dollars. 

That is really a dagger in my back feeling wehen I shelled out like 70-80 at launch and got a monkey ? I think when things like that happen it would be a common courtesy to upgrade those who supported the launch and bought the deluxe version. 

20 dollars ? I could have bought 4 copies ??? /vent off
There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
GdemamiGorweNorseGodmmolouViper482NanfoodlealkarionlogSlyLoKSinsai

Comments

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,233
    It's an expansion pack, they cost money like all other B2P MMOs, I really don't get your rant.
    BananableSBFordScot
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member RarePosts: 5,820
    He bought all the content for 20$ How where?!?!

• BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Well, personally i have no idea how/why people pay sub to this...f2p game. After gw2 amazingness TESO looks like....(slightly better?) Rift/D3 copy. 

So i feel ya, but its kinda late.

(When gw2 went f2p alot of people was upset like you. I wasnt.)

Teso dlcs - pure Crap! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can get thieves/DB skills on free period. Or buy dlc (including Morrowind) for gold.

*Summersex already was 60% off in november. ( Psijic skill line - USELESS for me. I just like portal ability :P   And jewelry skill is just meh. But zone looks nice :D)

P.S. There are some discussions on TESO forums. Something about its cheaper for new players to get game and all dlcs than, for vets Elsweyr alone.

• BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Maurgrim said:
    It's an expansion pack, they cost money like all other B2P MMOs, I really don't get your rant.
    LOLZ

Princely Dawnlight Palace :P
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 2,725
    stuff changes prices all the time. Usually, the earlier you get stuff the more expensive it is. ]

That's what you did. 

You supported the launch. You paid X to play the game at a certain time. 

The game is much cheaper now, someone pays 25% of you and gets game but the tradeoff is they havent' been able to play for as long as you. 

Overall, shit changes price all the time, realize you weren't in the right place at the right time, no big deal. 

I don't see how you feel ripped off. 
    MaurgrimmklinicGorwemmolouOctagon7711SBFordSovrathAmatheSinakuScot
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 242
    i understand the rant just fine but as much as i hate corporate greed, entitlement can be just as bad. 

what lot people tend gloss over when thing cost money is your not always just paying for the item your paying for the right to get it earlier then others or at a premium for the convenience. buying a game day  one for $60 were some else waits one year and gets the same game + dlc for 20 or even just waiting one to three months and gets is %50-%75 cheaper.

you say it BS your item did not hold value you were not reward for buying early  why? you got it before them even if price drops after a week, fallout 76 anyone? you still choose to say i do. by spending that money you lost no value you got the item first for a higher cost you want cheaper? then wait, want even cheaper? keep waiting, want the item now? then pay. 

what amusing is same argument could be applied to any situation and be true fast food vs cooking,going to see a movie vs watching it online,buying physical books/items vs digital, etc.

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,035
    Bananable said:

(When gw2 went f2p alot of people was upset like you. I wasnt.)

When did gw2 have subs? Unless you mean you now get the base game for free IF you buy an expansion pack? There was never a sub for GW2. It was always buy the game to play and it still is.

mmolou
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 272
    It's like the girl you used to date, 
    20 years later she might not be as hot as she used to be
    and to some may be worthless and to others worth a lot more.
    But really don't let what others do with their money cause concern.

You both got what you paid for.
    GorweThane
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,209
    This is a pointless line of thinking that only leads to "damn kids these days...!". Just do / enjoy whatever you find pleasing at the time.

Let's say that I purchase an...Insignia for 20k. And it's down to ~14k some years later. Will I feel ripped off? Ofc not, because I had a very nice car in the interim. The same with sexy girls who might not be as sexy later etc.

The only question is: "Was your purchase of ES:O worth it? Did you have fun in any of its forms?".
  • ThaneThane Member RarePosts: 3,446
    edited May 3
    I was doing my same old complaining in chat about content locks with character progression and how I would have to buy Summerset to get the Psijic guild skill line. Someone posted back saying the bought all the current content for 20 dollars. 

That is really a dagger in my back feeling wehen I shelled out like 70-80 at launch and got a monkey ? I think when things like that happen it would be a common courtesy to upgrade those who supported the launch and bought the deluxe version. 

yea... no.
    the monkey came for beta testing, had NOTHING to do with how much you payed.

it's pretty comon practice that games fall in price after some time, and so did ESO.
    sumerset is still available for 20 euro (or most likely dollar in your case) too btw.

uh and for the record, he didn't buy "everything", there are plenty of more DLCs tho which he most likely cant use - i think those "all in 1" game updates only include the chapters (same goes for elsweyr btw. so don't go and buy summerset now, or you will be angry in a month again)

in short: don't believe anything some random tells you, the internet is full of trolls and people who have no idea what they talk about ^^

PS: your deluxe edition had some special upgrades (like imperial armor and co), THAT is what you payed for, and THAT is what you got.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 34,329
    I recall when returning to WOW when Cata launched, as I had been gone since vanilla I had to spend about $100 for Cata and some previous expansions.

I stayed for a month....not one of my better purchases.

It's not unusual for popular games to not really give any special consideration for early buyers, and Zenimax isn't known for its magnanimous policies.

"Squeeze them for every dollar possible" rules pretty much everything....way of the world I'm afraid.
    Prime_Directive

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing POE at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• skiidzmanskiidzman Member UncommonPosts: 28

Don't feel bad man.  ESO's devs are just milking the cow at this point.
    ArteriusIselin
  • YanocchiYanocchi Member UncommonPosts: 660
    You know, there are online stores that sell even all of the newest games a lot cheaper than Steam or official stores. For example, ESO: Elsweyr is a lot cheaper there than at ESO official website or Steam. Sometimes Steam offers a bigger discount but that's only for old games and that's rare anyway.

I discovered these sites 3-4 years ago and have been buying all of my games from there ever since. I only use Steam if they have an insane discount that makes the price lower than those sites.

When you buy a game from such a site, you usually get a key to download and play it through Steam.
    mmolou
    Baldur's Gate Online - Video Trailer
    * more info, screenshots and videos here

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,370
    You're wrong OP.

I get all my major expansions at a discount for owning the Deluxe Edition, directly from my account. The rest have been free.

:shrugs: maybe I supported the game more than you.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 2,762
    edited May 25
    I bought a game and it's cheaper 5 years later. Not fair! Waaaaaah! 

Seriously dude? And you are the one who started this "they whine and cry" thread lmao.

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/481446/they-whine-and-cry/p1 
    NorseGodmoshraAsm0deusSinsai
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • skiidzmanskiidzman Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Viper482 said:

Seriously dude? And you are the one who started this "they whine and cry" thread lmao.

This game is crap.  Quit being upset that players notice it.
  • FishForceFishForce Member UncommonPosts: 53
    skiidzman said:
    Viper482 said:

Your just a Troll. Only trying to promote how bad the game is, sure its bad. 

Its the second/third largest MMO in the world
    thats how bad it is...

But i guess im just feeding the Troll
    Sinsai
  • newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 154
    edited June 9
    I think I saw that deal pop up on my facebook feed- If you pre-ordered the new expansion (at a huge discount) you would get everything- I almost considered doing it...

I know what you mean OP- There should be some incentive and real appreciation for existing customers but companies always pander for new money - Especially with the state of MMO's these days where most game hop...With good reason.

Thats one of the things that kills me about KS games- You pay upfront and get the worst deal possible (usually)- hell, I remember buying multiple copies of 7d2d @ $10/each while backers who payed full price didnt even have Steam keys...I got multiple copies of 7d2d for less than the early backers paid for a single copy- And they were still waiting for their steam keys. Its total bullshit tbh.

It is what it is and all you can really do is vote with your dollar- if i can buy all the content for cheaper (or as cheap) as a long term customer can buy a single Xpac- Existing customers either pay up (which most people do) and show the company that this is totally okay or they move on and after making noise about it.
    Prime_Directive
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 990
    FishForce said:
    skiidzman said:
    Viper482 said:

Your just a Troll. Only trying to promote how bad the game is, sure its bad. 

Its the second/third largest MMO in the world
    thats how bad it is...

But i guess im just feeding the Troll
    Well, it is an MMO... so we're setting a low bar for how "good" good actually is off the bat.

It's a game in a relatively niche genre appealing to a relatively sizeable sliver of that niche.  You don't have to be amazing to do that.  You just have to be "relatively cheap," since MMORPG players are some of the cheapest/most cash strapped gamers "up-front" (who want a free/uber cheap game, but will pay more than a subscription each month funneling cash to a shop).
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member EpicPosts: 7,764
    What do you expect them to do? $400 investment to play a 5 year old MMO? 
    Catibrie

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 2,978
    OP is being so very very negative.....*shakes head*......

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

case: Coolermaster HAF932
    PSU: Antec EA 750watt
    RAM: 4x2g G-SKILL DDR3-1600mhz 9-9-9-24
    Mb:Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
    CPU: i5-750 @4ghz
    GPU: gtx msi N760 TF 2GD5/OC
    cooling: Noctua NH-D14
    storage: seagate 600 240GB SSD, samsung evo 860 500gb SSD, 500GB x7200rpm HDD

• GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 846
    Meh, if peeps don't like the game they bash it, and if peeps do they feel like they need to defend their choice of why they like it. Who gives a rat's ass?!

I bought Summerset, which included everything up to Summerset on sale for like $20. It DID NOT include the DLC's, but I've seen a Gold Edition that did I think, but I was never able to find that on sale.

I like ESO, but feel like they could be a lot more clear on all their packages/sales and stuff. It reads like a hot mess most times to those seeing it for the first time, so may turn potential customers away...which would be a shame.

IDK man...I feel like that all the time on Steam. Buy a game 'on sale' but a few days later it goes on 'real sale' for 20-30% lower. SHIT

GL OP.

Gut Out!

What, me worry?

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 5,969
    That is really a dagger in my back feeling wehen I shelled out like 70-80 at launch and got a monkey ? 
    That ain't working, that's the way you do it, expansions for nothing and your monkeys for free. 
    Asm0deusKyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 13,040
    I once bought a '56 Chevy Belair for $100... I wish I hadn't sold it for $500 :)
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 27,298
    Iselin said:
    I once bought a '56 Chevy Belair for $100... I wish I hadn't sold it for $500 :)
     :o  :o :o

*slap*
    Iselin