Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Classic Will Allow Up to 50 Characters Across Classic Realms - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,126

imageWorld of Warcraft: Classic Will Allow Up to 50 Characters Across Classic Realms - MMORPG.com

Blizzard has announced that players may have ten characters per realm in World of Warcraft: Classic. However, players can have up to fifty characters spread across all of the Classic realms in a player's region. Players may also have characters of only one faction on PvP realms and there will be "no overlap or regard with the character limits in Battle for Azeroth". This means that a player can have up to fifty characters in Classic and fifty more characters in BfA though it sounds exhausting!

Read the full story here



¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


Kyleran
«1

Comments

  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,214
    I can't wait for them to add level 60 boosts 6 months into classic so we can play like it was meant to be played.
    [Deleted User]SeelinnikoiSBFordRain_DeathraveninfomatzbwwianakievGaladournMensurPuReDusTArskaaa
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 3,927
    edited May 2019
    At this point, I can’t think of anything (except maybe $100) that could get me to try classic WoW. There was a point where I was excited to see it, but I have pretty much lost faith in humanity in regards to multiplayer games these days.
    SBFordTorvalAlbatroesswagholeArteriusinfomatzGaladournMensur

    Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

  • HalibrandHalibrand Member UncommonPosts: 136
    This is the first official information I've seen that there will indeed be PvP and PvE servers instead of them using the current version where getting flagged phases you.

    To me, that's a very big deal, and I'm happy to see that I can play on a PvE server!
    bwwianakiev
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,495
    Are they going to charge a monthly fee for this i wonder.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,185
    Can we pick a server and stay on that server without all the phasing and sharding nonsense? I want to know the players names on my server. I don't want to deal with players fluctuating between instances of zones for the sake of population balance.
    perrin82Argost
  • perrin82perrin82 Member UncommonPosts: 265

    Alders said:

    Can we pick a server and stay on that server without all the phasing and sharding nonsense? I want to know the players names on my server. I don't want to deal with players fluctuating between instances of zones for the sake of population balance.



    I agree
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Hariken said:
    Are they going to charge a monthly fee for this i wonder.
    I think the answer to this can be gleamed by what has been said: 50 characters in Classic and 50 characters across BfA. This suggests a combined sub approach.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Albatroes said:
    I can't wait for them to add level 60 boosts 6 months into classic so we can play like it was meant to be played.
    From the store? Or just given out to new starters?

    I'm actually not sure about when (if) they will increase the level cap. They could roll  out the original patches but simply do it faster. So instead of 12 patches pre-BC over 2 years maybe 1 a month or even faster. And when they get to BC maybe they open BC servers rather than patching vanilla.

    It certainly could get messy. Throw in the next "current WoW" expansion ......
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,815
    I can't wait to see the bait'n'switch over-monetization Blizz will introduce to this 
    ThupliinfomatzArgost
  • dekkion1dekkion1 Member UncommonPosts: 151
    edited May 2019
    dude lol soon as i saw the pic of classic wow up top there.....i got sick to the stomach a lil bit..
    lol i dont wanna play thru that shit again.....its 2020 for god sake..well almost...if im gonna go backwards to any old game it will be  final fantasy11 where it all began for me. and that was back in 2001. and ff7 wich i still play.
    dont get me wrong...i loved wow and i played it for years dude..
    but gosh dammit enuff is enuff.
    ff11 was my first love.....and when they shut down the xbox service i was heart broken well 16 yrs later and a 4k pc...bring it on.
    AalamrManWithNoTan
    gammer 4 life
  • calibekcalibek Member UncommonPosts: 299

    Hariken said:

    Are they going to charge a monthly fee for this i wonder.



    Its added into the current sub amount for retail. Paying for BFA monthly gives you access to classic servers. No split sub.

    image
  • Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 626
    I don't see any Blood Elves in that picture. So I'm assuming that the "Burning Crusade" wont be part of it? Oh well, what a shame. I know I won't be playing it now.
    ThupliManWithNoTan
  • ArteriusArterius Member EpicPosts: 2,797
    I can't wait to see how upset people will be when a year into WoW classic they start adding expansions, a cash shop, or they start making new content.

    No doubt Classic WoW is going to bring people back. They are going to want to hold on to those people as long as possible. I honestly believe that when subs start dropping they are going to do something to ruin this.
    Thupli
    Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox One X)

    Currently Reading: Skaven Slayer (Gotrek and Felix Book 2)

    Currently Writing: Champions of Legend Book 1 (3rd Draft)

    Currently Watching: Oz (Season 4), Soprano's (Season 1)


  • NycteliosNyctelios Member EpicPosts: 3,808
    I don't see any Blood Elves in that picture. So I'm assuming that the "Burning Crusade" wont be part of it? Oh well, what a shame. I know I won't be playing it now.
    Classic means vanilla.
    Thupliinfomatz
    Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102 - GoG ID - 

    Current playing: 
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Shadowbringers; EvE Online

    "There is a fine line between consideration and hesitation. The former is wisdom, the latter is fear." Izaro Phrecius, Holy Emperor of the Eternal Empire, Last of Royal Phrecius Family.
  • jerkbeastjerkbeast Member UncommonPosts: 253

    Alders said:

    Can we pick a server and stay on that server without all the phasing and sharding nonsense? I want to know the players names on my server. I don't want to deal with players fluctuating between instances of zones for the sake of population balance.



    Yes. They stated they are going to avoid phasing/sharding as much as possible. As far as I've heard they said it will only possibly be used at launch on starting areas to avoid server crashes, but will be removed as early as possible.
    PalebaneArgostManWithNoTan
  • genova2809genova2809 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    fun fact most of wow classic player wont reach lvl 40 befor surrender considering that the leveling is WAY harder than it is actualy :D
    GaladournManWithNoTan
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,501
    edited May 2019

    Hariken said:

    Are they going to charge a monthly fee for this i wonder.



    the same fee they charge for the normal game.

    if you don't sub, you wont be able to play each of them

    Nyctelios said:
    I don't see any Blood Elves in that picture. So I'm assuming that the "Burning Crusade" wont be part of it? Oh well, what a shame. I know I won't be playing it now.
    Classic means vanilla.
    "In PC games, the term "vanilla" is often used to describe the original version of a game, which has not been modified with third-party addons, developer updates, downloadable content (DLC) or patches."

    if you seriously want vanilla, you will be up for a rude awakening

    vanilla had VERY little content, like one or two instances and no raids.
    Sephrus

    "I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

  • bwwianakievbwwianakiev Member UncommonPosts: 109
    I don't see any Blood Elves in that picture. So I'm assuming that the "Burning Crusade" wont be part of it? Oh well, what a shame. I know I won't be playing it now.
    I mean, it is classic WoW. Before any expansion...
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,810
    best MMO news in 2019 so far...
    ManWithNoTan
  • skadadskadad Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Thane said:

    Hariken said:

    Are they going to charge a monthly fee for this i wonder.



    the same fee they charge for the normal game.

    if you don't sub, you wont be able to play each of them

    Nyctelios said:
    I don't see any Blood Elves in that picture. So I'm assuming that the "Burning Crusade" wont be part of it? Oh well, what a shame. I know I won't be playing it now.
    Classic means vanilla.
    "In PC games, the term "vanilla" is often used to describe the original version of a game, which has not been modified with third-party addons, developer updates, downloadable content (DLC) or patches."

    if you seriously want vanilla, you will be up for a rude awakening

    vanilla had VERY little content, like one or two instances and no raids.
    what 2 instances were in at start? :D
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,224
    I can't wait!
  • SephrusSephrus Member UncommonPosts: 76
    edited May 2019
    Have any of you retards who are spouting off nonsense actually read anything about classic? Folks, please educate yourselves by reading the reams and reams of dev posts, blogs etc from the game developers. I will say that players who love instant gratification will probably not like WOW Classic, nor those who DESERVE instant artifact weapons and purple sets. Vanilla was a thinking person's game, not a button masher Diablo clone that retail WOW is. I honestly can't wait. But I know 90% of retail players, esp ones that didn't get into WOW before 2010, will play for a few weeks and deem it too hard or too grindy and go back to waiting for the Diablo 4 xpac of WOW retail with 4 abilities and a potion slot.
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 756

    Sephrus said:

    Have any of you retards who are spouting off nonsense actually read anything about classic? Folks, please educate yourselves by reading the reams and reams of dev posts, blogs etc from the game developers. I will say that players who love instant gratification will probably not like WOW Classic, nor those who DESERVE instant artifact weapons and purple sets. Vanilla was a thinking person's game, not a button masher Diablo clone that retail WOW is. I honestly can't wait. But I know 90% of retail players, esp ones that didn't get into WOW before 2010, will play for a few weeks and deem it too hard or too grindy and go back to waiting for the Diablo 4 xpac of WOW retail with 4 abilities and a potion slot.



    what about the old salty vets that think its ok to call strangers "retards?"

    do you think they will get to max level or will they get banned for their language?
  • SephrusSephrus Member UncommonPosts: 76

    sayuu said:



    Sephrus said:


    Have any of you retards who are spouting off nonsense actually read anything about classic? Folks, please educate yourselves by reading the reams and reams of dev posts, blogs etc from the game developers. I will say that players who love instant gratification will probably not like WOW Classic, nor those who DESERVE instant artifact weapons and purple sets. Vanilla was a thinking person's game, not a button masher Diablo clone that retail WOW is. I honestly can't wait. But I know 90% of retail players, esp ones that didn't get into WOW before 2010, will play for a few weeks and deem it too hard or too grindy and go back to waiting for the Diablo 4 xpac of WOW retail with 4 abilities and a potion slot.






    what about the old salty vets that think its ok to call strangers "retards?"



    do you think they will get to max level or will they get banned for their language?



    I'm calling the folks in the previous posts that are spreading misinformation retards. Go back to your safe space and rub in another handful of Starbucks mint frappuccino beard oil.
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Fun fact:

    Since Blizzard is using the same setup for accessing Classic as they do retail WoW, you will most likely be able to create a character and play it to level 20 before being locked out for not having a subscription.

    So that's 20 levels out of your 60 that you can play without paying a dime!  They're so busy trying to force classic into their retail shell that they probably forgot all about that feature being globally enabled.
    Sephrus
Sign In or Register to comment.