Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Valve Reveals Details on the New Index Headset - MMORPG.com News

2»

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Torval said:
    Lokero said:
    I own a PSVR that I got on a special and I don't play it that often, I don't know that I really would if I got this because the games just aren't as good as their flat counterparts, at least not good enough to justify 1k price tag.  If there were tons of incredible games then maybe I would consider it but....meh.  
    This is the unfortunate situation VR is still stuck in -- the proverbial "between a rock and a hard place".

Developers don't want to dump a bunch of money into developing for VR because the userbase is smaller.  Gamers don't want to dump a bunch of money into the hardware because there's not that many great games, in comparison.

Honestly, I see buying VR as a lot like buying a Nintendo system.  You'll get a few amazing games, but probably less value in games than you spend on the system at that $1k entrypoint.
    I'd like to play No Man's Sky in VR but I'm not willing to spend $1k on doing so. I wouldn't play in that mode very often and not for very long. I don't think my eyes could take it. It's still cool the tech is moving along, a little slowly, but getting better.
    PSVR sounds like what you want then.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited June 2019

Sovrath said:

Tiller said:

A lot of my friends who are super into VR are getting this, looks like Valve is impressing the current market. Not sure how it will fare for people who aren't in the market yet, as the entry price is still extremely high.

Yeah $999.00 for full kit is still more than I would be willing to pay to get into VR. I could buy a lot of games for that. The headset seems like it would only be nice for games you can use a steam or xb controller in, still a bit steep.

I would also say, being someone who owns an HTC Vive, to try out their system before buying it.

The HTC Vive is great but I can only do it for short amounts of time before I get nauseous. Maybe they've worked to mitigate that, who knows, but no reason to spend a lot of money for something you'll rarely use if money is a concern.

I was looking at a review on this and the guy said it was one of the first headsets that he could easily spend over an hour using. It has peeked my interest. Plus if they do come out with a killer game for it...  

He also did state some of the finger censors were not working correctly at times.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey