Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation - Dev Diaries - Building Technology - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited May 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageAshes of Creation - Dev Diaries - Building Technology - MMORPG.com

The second in a series of video developer diaries from the Ashes of Creation team has arrived, this time providing a behind-the-scenes look at the technology underpinning the creation of buildings. Devin Lafontaine and Steven Sharif discuss the tools being used to design buildings and "how it will affect players".

Read the full story here

Comments

• xkeeperxkeeper Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Please be good... i cannot stand another MMORPG disapointment in my life.
    ValentinaScotGaladournDemoAKMouloxtos85Gentrifried_ChickenFolmenPuReDusTErevustankknatand 1 other.
  • bgzgamerbgzgamer Member UncommonPosts: 127
    yawn.. another of the 10 other alpha mmorpg's that will never be out
    ValentinaMaurgrimFolmenJamesGoblinBlueThunderBear
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    Loving everything I see from them, their progress has been pretty fast compared to many other crowd funded games.
    ShaihubyMaurgrimFolmenJamesGoblinBlueThunderBear
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    so when does it come out?
  • Sommy_N7Sommy_N7 Member CommonPosts: 5

bgzgamer said:

Cause MMOs in particular are so easy to make , I have no idea what's taking them so long.
    ValentinaTnTizzFolmenBillMurphyKyleran
  • sopukusopuku Member UncommonPosts: 55
    this game will fail as few of them failed this way.. they only post stuff to make it interesting, then they gonna release some early alpha or something for 60 $ if u wanna try it and the game will suck. it will suck hard.. and then they will shut it down after a year or so. happened few times and i think in this case it will be the same. devs are not showing anything they just post some stupid post how they did it.. no decent gameplay no betas no alphas nothing.. they have nothing.. and it is in development how long? 200 years or so..?
    bcbullyMoariNKsidamosMaurgrimFolmenJamesGoblinKyleran
  • BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 565
    sopuku said:
    this game will fail as few of them failed this way.. they only post stuff to make it interesting, then they gonna release some early alpha or something for 60 $ if u wanna try it and the game will suck. it will suck hard.. and then they will shut it down after a year or so. happened few times and i think in this case it will be the same. devs are not showing anything they just post some stupid post how they did it.. no decent gameplay no betas no alphas nothing.. they have nothing.. and it is in development how long? 200 years or so..?
    That's not how you troll, young man. You're doing it wrong. Your trolling style is a bit too crass to be effective (3/5 points), too obvious (1/5) and your technique needs much polishing (2/5). Although today your rating is only 2/5, don't let it discourage you - you show much potential!

AoC is in development since 2016, the first alpha started in 2018, open beta is scheduled for 2019, by this time there are probably dozens of dev gameplay videos out there (not to mention hundreds of player-made gameplay vids)...

Also: "they only post stuff to make it interesting" - I am shocked, I tell you! A company posting stuff to generate interest, what are they going to do next?!

TnTizzFolmenultimateduckErevusKyleranTacticalZombeh
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    edited May 2019

xkeeper said:

Welcome to the Forums!

And I know what you mean. :)
    Sommy_N7 said:

bgzgamer said:

Cause MMOs in particular are so easy to make , I have no idea what's taking them so long.
    Welcome to the forums, two for the price of one welcome post! :)
    TnTizzFolmenKyleran
  • WaanWaan Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Looks cool I guess. Seems like this is one of their ways of trying to justify the BR. I can't help but wonder what the state of the game would be if they put all their resources into the MMO from the get-go.
    Palebane
  • J_JonesJ_Jones Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Cool, I really wanted to have an opportunity to build this kind of houses in AOC. I have been enjoying this dev diaries.

• ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    edited May 2019
    I must really really really really love this game otherwise MMOs are over for me.

The last march of the Ents.
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    edited May 2019
    Star citizen 2.0

I Will never support Kickstarter projects, once the money is banked they lose the desire to deliver
  • WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    What they dont get is that - WE dont NEEd you to make us feel part of the story in a forced manner- we Got our own creative minde
    Also you should make a pvp server with full loot
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Scot said:

xkeeper said:

Welcome to the Forums!

And I know what you mean. :)
    Sommy_N7 said:

bgzgamer said:

Welcome to the forums, two for the price of one welcome post! :)
    You should be given a special forum title.

The Welcome Wagon 

You can thank me later.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Did the video show any buildings being created, or is it mostly a discussion about the tools they plan to create them with?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MisterZeniousMisterZenious Newbie CommonPosts: 1

Waan said:

Looks cool I guess. Seems like this is one of their ways of trying to justify the BR. I can't help but wonder what the state of the game would be if they put all their resources into the MMO from the get-go.

Sounds like you haven't really been following the game much. The BR was simply to test and flush out combat within the game, especially among players. Also doesn't really make since how this ties into justifying the BR they hosted.

Pretty sure since this is an MMO, all their resources are going into the MMO. Again, the BR was just for testing out combat. Much easier to flush it out and adjust things when you can have players doing nothing but combat.