Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ASTRO A20 Wireless Review - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageASTRO A20 Wireless Review - MMORPG.com

The gaming peripheral market is, almost daily, becoming more competitive. With that, gaming headsets have become a high commodity, bridging the gap of communication with fellow players while providing quality sound. Regardless of what platform you game on, a quality headset is essentially a necessity and we at MMORPG.com have been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to review the ASTRO A20.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    That short charging cord was a bad business & technical decision imo by this ASTRO. It could also be easily overlooked by customers until tehy already bought it. I also would'nt enjoy having the volume reset everytime the headset was turned off. Did that headset display come in the box or is that an addition mmorpg.com used to feature it on your own?
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    I was looking for a new pair of gaming headphones since my 9 year old Sennheisers just died, but most are all ugly giant plastic piles of crap. I'm not a huge audio freak, but I like quality and versatility so I just bought a decent pair of BT headphones that had at least a 3.5 mm jack for pass through audio if I want to be wired as well as the ability to replace the battery.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    "The product discussed in this article was provided by the manufacturer for the purpose of review."

I have a question about this. Curiosity only, not criticism.

After you guys finish and publish the review, what becomes of the product? You return it? The website keeps it? Someone who works there gets to take it home? You remember there is this loyal fan named Amathe and you send it off to him? :)
    Palebane

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Amathe said:
    "The product discussed in this article was provided by the manufacturer for the purpose of review."

After you guys finish and publish the review, what becomes of the product? You return it? The website keeps it? Someone who works there gets to take it home? You remember there is this loyal fan named Amathe and you send it off to him? :)
    Sometimes companies ask reviewers to send them back.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• haplo8haplo8 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Will they work with Atmos is my question?
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

Tiller said:

Amathe said:

Sometimes companies ask reviewers to send them back.

Hey there! It varies company to company and even product to product. Companies sometimes ask for them back, other times they don't, in which case it usually goes in the closet for comparison purposes unless it's needed elsewhere.