Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Doom Gallops Into Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageDoom Gallops Into Black Desert Online - MMORPG.com

Black Desert Online players will have the opportunity to unleash Doom if they can awaken a Tier 8 Level 30 courser using the Krogdalo's Origin Stone. Doom is a fiery Dream Horse featuring a Dark Sprint that leaves a trail of fire as it gallops through the world and can burn enemies on the field of battle. To help players earn Doom, players can leverage the 100% EXP boost for mount/training. This boost begins today and runs through May 15th.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    A cash shop item ? with only a chance ?
    Viper482Life2v
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    WarWitch said:
    Its all grind. Have to say though, that just getting a level 30 tier 8 courser does need the use of mount skill change tokens unless you have the kind of luck, which frankly i don't, which is a cash shop item, turning a tier 8 courser into a dream horse needs a lot of work and there are no shortcuts in the cash shop afaik :/
    Life2vSBFord
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    WarWitch said:
    It seems like no. If you look, it says you'll need a Tier 8, Lv 30 Courser and the Krogdalo's Origin Stone. From what I can see, you can get one of those by collecting materials to use in an alchemy recipe.

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/krogdalos-origin-stone.297744/
    Life2vFolmen

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Life2vLife2v Member UncommonPosts: 12
    How are u naive or not to smart ..... Soon will be zero t8 coursers in market and good luck to lvl'up them by yourself without cash shop skill change coupon's.
    Viper482SBFord
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited April 2019
    Life2v said:

How are u naive or not to smart ..... Soon will be zero t8 coursers in market and good luck to lvl'up them by yourself without cash shop skill change coupon's.

I am neither naive nor lacking intelligence, tyvm. It was not a value statement about whether or not a player would want to grind it out, just a statement of fact. It seems it IS theoretically possible to get it through grind and without the cash shop. Whether some players want to avoid the grind and purchase things through the cash shop, if such things are even available, is a choice they can make. That does not erase the fact that it appears that it can be done without the spending of real world dollars even if it takes grotesque amounts of time.
    Post edited by SBFord on
    Life2v

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited April 2019
    SBFord said:
    WarWitch said:
    It seems like no. If you look, it says you'll need a Tier 8, Lv 30 Courser and the Krogdalo's Origin Stone. From what I can see, you can get one of those by collecting materials to use in an alchemy recipe.

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/krogdalos-origin-stone.297744/
    You can also buy them off the marketplace for 10 mil silver or so (cheap for BDO).
    But the RNG on getting a dream horse is PAINFUL.

No P2W involved, just a massive in game money sink. And once you do get the horse, the skills you get are RNG too. Which IS where the cash shop actually comes into play ;)
    Life2v

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• DivionDivion Member UncommonPosts: 411

SBFord said:

Life2v said:

I am neither naive nor lacking intelligence, tyvm. It was not a value statement about whether or not a player would want to grind it out, just a statement of fact. It seems it IS theoretically possible to get it through grind and without the cash shop. Whether some players want to avoid the grind and purchase things through the cash shop, if such things are even available, is a choice they can make. That does not erase the fact that it appears that it can be done without the spending of real world dollars even if it takes grotesque amounts of time.

Not really, i'm a founding player who has played since Alpha w/ over 20,000 hours, 3,000$ USD, a Guild Master of an XL LifeSkill guild, and one of the top life skillers in NA.

I can assure you, while it's possible, it's nearly improbable to get a T8 courser organically without use of a skill change coupon. The coupon rolling the required skills is also RNG. As of this time, I've trained well over 100 T8s which are pretty hard to get from breed to begin with, none went organically to courser state, and it takes approx a week to train 4 T8s to max level using a wagon method.

Once you get one you not only need to get a specific combination of skills in a finite number of chance (30 levels, a chance per level) - You can roll no skill, a base skill that is needed for courser state, a base skill that is not needed for courser state, an advanced "S" class skill that is, or isn't required for courser. To get a courser you need all of it. The chance of it is so minute it's hardly worth mentioning in any objective sense. The best you can hope for is a good set of rolls on the more rare "S" skills then use the mount skill coupons to roll the missing required skills. In my guild we have several people with Dream horses, and more that have over 50 fail stacks (50 attempts to awaken dream horse) - Out of everyone i got the luckiest on my T8 courser with approx 25$ in re-rolls. I played it smart, and didn't re-roll skills until i organically got the more rare skills (after well over a year of trying); i had a member who spent over 200$ on re-rolls and never got the required skills to go courser.

Once that is done, the dream attempts begin. Some people get lucky and get it under 10 attempts. Some over 40 or 50. This was a break point for many who quite the game from trying. To give you an idea, my first dream attempt i used material i had from grinding/question/gathering. I'm one of the highest level gatherers in N.America and from over a year of stashing aside materials i had enough for *2* attempts. People who min/max this goal commit everything they have to that end-goal, the most efficient people I've met can do 1-2 attempts per week, most people see 1-2 per month, casual players who don't want to invest all their silver will see 1-2 attempts per 2-3 months.

I wager if you removed all T9 Dream horses born from T8 Coursers achieved with cashshop re-rolls, you'd find single digit Dream Horses left over.
    Life2vkitarad

• Life2vLife2v Member UncommonPosts: 12
    edited May 2019

SBFord said:

Life2v said:

I think u have no clue how this game designed. Yes, u can get it by yourself, oh, but u wont without spending real cash, because u will gave up after half a year/year constantly pushing content "for free" without any results. But hey, u think u can do it, because u have 1% randomly to roll all skills requires for t8 coursers. "Its fact, so its not p2w".
  • X-ranfeX-ranfe Member UncommonPosts: 77
    This mount looks well designed really.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    It's cool in theory, just don't think I'd want to go to all the trouble of getting it. I get bored pretty fast grinding in BDO.