Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fast-Paced Action MMO KurtzPel is Now Out on Steam Early Access - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageFast-Paced Action MMO KurtzPel is Now Out on Steam Early Access - MMORPG.com News

If you're looking for fast-paced action combat in a distinctly anime setting, you may want to check out KOG Games' KurtzPel that has just entered Steam Early Access in NA / SA. The global launch will take place this summer. Players can check out the game for free or can purchase a Founder's Packs that include a number of in-game items. The game features both a robust storyline as well as a variety of PvP activities.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited April 2019
    EDIT*** GAME HAS A CHARACTER CREATOR Disregard the following comment These games look fun but the locked characters , ugh..... I don't want to play as a sword wielding bikini clad child so instead Im forced to pick the only adult male who wields a boring wooden staff
    Post edited by JeffSpicoli on
    SBForddoomexFolmen
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• doomexdoomex Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Now let's see it do a flop.
    KrisConway
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    I was looking forward to this game for years until i learned it's an arena based game. Love the art style and the gameplay looks fine. This could have been the anime mmorpg i've always wanted, but nope, it had to be an arena based game.

I hope Peria Chronicles don't disappoint, whenever that one comes to the west.
    JeffSpicoliValentina[Deleted User]SolancerdoomexConstantineMerus

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Only for NA
    Folmen

• gregofc93gregofc93 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Popped up on steam.. tought i'd give it a try..

Nope EU region locked lol.
    Folmendoomex
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818

These games look fun but the locked characters , ugh..... I don't want to play as a sword wielding bikini clad child so instead Im forced to pick the only adult male who wields a boring wooden staff

Are they not more for kids? So the lack of adult avatars is to be expected?
    JeffSpicoli
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    it's not an MMO, c'mon journalists
    Scot
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    It is rare this day that I see a game and research it and then want to play it. This is not such a game.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Arena based......huge pass
    Solancer
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited April 2019

Scot said:

These games look fun but the locked characters , ugh..... I don't want to play as a sword wielding bikini clad child so instead Im forced to pick the only adult male who wields a boring wooden staff

Are they not more for kids? So the lack of adult avatars is to be expected?

Yeah you might be right, I look at fortnite and the goofy models with the idiotic looking dance emotes and say ok this is aimed at my son. Iv never got into the whole "anime" thing, as a 80's kid it just wasn't our thing or before our time. Still though im a sucker for the cartoon like Studio Ghibili graphics.  I wish we could get a game in the style of Heavy Metal animated movie or say Dragons Lair ie don bluth from the arcade.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AshikuroAshikuro Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Site says it's a "2v2 co-op pvp" game... not an mmo or rpg
    Scot
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Art style looks cool -- Very unique. I have zero interest in an arena-based game, however.

Hard pass.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Interesting; reminds me of Dragon Nest.

It might be great.  Sort of like Gauntlet.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    edited May 2019
    I've played it, and yup this is totally arena. When you are not fighting you are in a hub, when you are fighting it's directly to the boss fight with coop mode, and to level up you have to grind it over and over and also you have to raise affinity to get better skills. but yeah hardly an mmo. It feels like street fighter game or mortal kombat.
    Scot
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    Ashikuro said:
    Site says it's a "2v2 co-op pvp" game... not an mmo or rpg
    Even when the people who makes the game call it something like that there is a tendency on this site to call them a MMO. Really needs to be a "Not so MMO" article. :)