Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MOD 16 The End of Neverwinter. Lead Desinger failed..

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
Today MOD 16 goes live and since like 2 weeks almost my whole guild , all veteran players left the game.

So today after patching the 1st thing i will have to do is to find a new guild if there are any good ones left after this game breaking combat mechanics disaster went live.

I think the Developers and the Lead Designers drove this game into a wall ......
Gdemami

Comments

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Nyctelios said:
    Would you care to elaborate why?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter

there you get all you need..
    Asm0deusGdemami
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    Goromhir said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Would you care to elaborate why?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter

there you get all you need..
    Been a long time since I played Neverwinter.. but Oh yah.. that looks like game ending changes.. lets see how it goes.
    bcbully
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    Ungood said:
    Been a long time since I played Neverwinter.. but Oh yah.. that looks like game ending changes.. lets see how it goes.
    It's not as bad as those are making it.   I think this out of the reddit forum is a better take on it:  

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/bj56yc/how_to_stay_alive_in_m16/

It seems most having problems with the update are the higher level players upset that their game has changed.   I've leveled from 30 to 32 over the last couple of days and haven't had a problem with it.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    edited April 2019
    Sorry to say this for those who enjoy Neverwinter, but I do hope the game shuts down soon because I want a good MMORPG set in the Forgotten Realms, a mix between ESO and GW2 with classic dungeon and dragon class system and working alignment system.
    GaladournAsm0deusLokeroAsch126bcbullyTokkengoemoeangerbeaver
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited April 2019
    Neverwinter is a perfect example of a missed opportunity; the game would have been fantastic IF it were an actual MMO with open persistent world and IF it had actual AD&D rules...
    deniterMaurgrimGdemamibartoni33Tokken
  • mmoloummolou Member UncommonPosts: 256
    I cannot help wondering what a lead Desinger actually does...
    It is a funny world we live in.
    We had Empires run by Emperors, we had Kingdoms run by Kings, now we have Countries...
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    mmolou said:
    I cannot help wondering what a lead Desinger actually does...
    By looking at Ion Hazztogostuss of Blizzard over the past 6 years under his 'guidance,' make excuses and apologize after people publically criticize design choices for months followed by "we have learned from the past and will try to improve."
    UngoodAsm0deusmmolou
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Maurgrim said:
    Sorry to say this for those who enjoy Neverwinter, but I do hope the game shuts down soon because I want a good MMORPG set in the Forgotten Realms, a mix between ESO and GW2 with classic dungeon and dragon class system and working alignment system.
    10 years ago, this site was like a PEZ dispenser for MMOs, always discussing the next new upcoming MMORPG on the heals of one being closed down. Unfortunately, the genre ran out of PEZ tablet packages, so there are no more up and coming MMOs behind the ones we have now.
    Hyperpsycrow
    Maurgrim said:
    Play DDO and suffer though the bad graphics and Eberron landscape till you are high enough level for Forgotten Realms.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    Maurgrim said:
    Damn right. Lets not forget to give us some real character build choices not the BS they have in Neverwinter Online.
    Galadourn said:
    Neverwinter is a perfect example of a missed opportunity; the game would have been fantastic IF it were an actual MMO with open persistent world and IF it had actual AD&D rules...
    Indeed.
    Ungood said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Play DDO and suffer though the bad graphics and Eberron landscape till you are high enough level for Forgotten Realms.
    Indeed DDO is the best DnD online mmo so far but gawd damn it's old and some of us have moved on..effing Jerry.....we need a DDO 2 or something which some of use hoped Neverwinter would be back before it launched...
    GaladournMaurgrimbartoni33Hyperpsycrow

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    Galadourn said:
    Right it never felt like D&D at all. It just felt like another generic MMO.
    Asm0deusGaladourn[Deleted User]
    Ungood said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Tried DDo a few months ago...Wouldn't even let me go anywehre or do anything...Everything was blocked off to the free players and demanded a sub so I left.
  • R3d.GallowsR3d.Gallows Member UncommonPosts: 155
    Maurgrim said:
    Dont hold your breath waiting for a new AAA MMO.
    Sovrath
    Ungood said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Tried DDo a few months ago...Wouldn't even let me go anywehre or do anything...Everything was blocked off to the free players and demanded a sub so I left.
    Well, a lot of people on these forums seem to sing the praise of a Sub Based model, which is kinda funny that you left because they asked for a sub.. I would have thought you would have been ecstatic to enjoy a sub based game, and be able to pay the sub for a month and explore as much of the game as you want.

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    edited April 2019
    Tried DDO a few months ago...Wouldn't even let me go anywhere or do anything...Everything was blocked off to the free players and demanded a sub so I left.
    WHAT?  Are you sure you actually tried the game?  8 F2p lvl 1 dungeons plus a wilderness zone, 18 F2p lvl 2 dungeons, 9 F2p lvl 3 dungeons plus a wilderness zone, 7 F2p lvl 4 dungeons etc... etc...

While a pain, leveling up to max level is doable for a free to play player.
    KyleranAlmostLancelot

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    Nebless said:
    Tried DDO a few months ago...Wouldn't even let me go anywhere or do anything...Everything was blocked off to the free players and demanded a sub so I left.
    WHAT?  Are you sure you actually tried the game?  8 F2p lvl 1 dungeons plus a wilderness zone, 18 F2p lvl 2 dungeons, 9 F2p lvl 3 dungeons plus a wilderness zone, 7 F2p lvl 4 dungeons etc... etc...

Also you don't need to sub you can just outright buy, permanently unlocks, content (quest packs).
    Ungood

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Asm0deus said:
    Nebless said:

Also you don't need to sub you can just outright buy, permanently unlocks, content (quest packs).
    Totally.. but.. sub feel allows you to play all the content, and is better if you are just trying to test the game out, if you decide you like it.. it's better to buy.

KyleranAsm0deus

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Ungood said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Yeah, game devs are funny that way, they expect to earn money from people who play their games.

Weird.
    [Deleted User]Ungood

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited April 2019
    Maurgrim said:
    Is OK, except for a couple of years playing WOW I've never enjoyed any MMORPG labeled "AAA" for very long.

Guess I'm more of a AA player,  if a game appeals to the masses I'm sure to loath it.

Just an elitist hipster sort of thing.

;)
    Hariken

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    Most stuff is unplayable. Especially when the enemy heals for more damage than you can give. And they nerfed companions healing ability. + literally unkillable enemies spawning due to hitting too hard and healing for more than you can damage.
    Hariken

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    Maurgrim said:
    Yeah, game devs are funny that way, they expect to earn money from people who play their games.

Weird.
    If a new AAA MMORPG comes out that interests me that wants to charge me $60-$100 for the box and then $15-$20 a month, I'm cool with that.  However, I'm done with the entire F2P/Cash shop model that has a built in paywall that you have to climb before you can compete.  If that means the genre has passed me by, well I'm cool with that as well.
    This has got to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read. You would pay 15 - 20 a month, just to play a game, but don't want things locked behind a pay-wall.. what the .. do you think a sub is, if not as paywall to play the game?
    KylerankjempffHariken

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Nyctelios said:
    Galadourn said:
    AD&D?! Are you nuts? That broken mess of old ass design!?

With 5th Edition out there, or hell even 3.5 you would think they would pick Advanceds?

Are you drunk?
    AD&D has always been about limited choices. The 2nd edition was the edition that introduced non-weapon proficiencies and 'took the game out to the world' instead of limiting it to dungeons. The future editions, influenced by the success of MMOs, tried to make D&D more MMO-like, but that is a complete fail imho.
    I'm not suggesting they should implement the AD&D rules to the MMO version with 100% accuracy (would be impossible to do anyway) but they should have at least made the rules more AD&D-like and not MMO-like.
    Ungood[Deleted User]
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    Maurgrim said:
    I know :(
    Nebless said:

So I went to a questgiver and he gave me a quest for a level 1 dungeon. When I got to the dungeon, it said you have to have a sub to enter it. Tried another one, same thing. Had no interest in trying again and again.
    edited May 2019
    Nebless said:

So I went to a questgiver and he gave me a quest for a level 1 dungeon. When I got to the dungeon, it said you have to have a sub to enter it. Tried another one, same thing. Had no interest in trying again and again.
    All quests in Korthos are Free, and most Harbor Quests are free.

I have got to hear what level 1 quest was not free.

Edit Added:

Ok.. I just asked a few friend that still play the game if there was a paid level 1 quest, and none of them could think of one.

You either are lying..

or

Oh.. ya know what.. I bet ya tried to enter on Hard, or Elite.. because you thought you was badass.. try normal Mr still in Korthos starter gear.
    katzklawgoemoe