Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen - Development Updates

Comments

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Around the Verse: Digital Underground

Just the highlights:

Around the Verse - Pillar Talk

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited November 2018
    Babuinix said:

Around the Verse - Pillar Talk

3.3. on Live Servers tomorrow :-D

Get down to the planet, folks !

Have fun

PS:

Will be followed shortly by 3.3.5 on PTU Test Server

edited November 2018
    Patch 3.3.5 out of NDA and deployed to Subscribers & Concierge backers too.

Star Citizen Patch 3.3.5

Alpha Patch 3.3.5 has been released to the PTU, and is now available to test! Patch should now show: PTU-987405.

It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizenPTU\LIVE.

Please monitor ptu test chat in spectrum for updates and testing instructions.

USER.cfg settings:
    r_displayinfo = 3

Note: This patch does not contain all of the intended features, which will be added iteratively to the notes as they become available. Additionally, some features may be implemented in a partial state and as such are not ready for testing. When those features reach a playable state, they will be detailed on the notes and added to the "Testing Focus".

Testing Focus
    • Hurston, Aberdeen, Arial, Ita, Magda, reststops: Transit, shopping, assets.
    • Lorville: Transit, landing, and shopping.
    Major Known Issues:
    • Adding contacts can cause the client to freeze.
    • Lorville ATC is not cleaning up ships, preventing landing and ship spawn. W/A: Land in any available open hangar regardless of permissions.
    • Admins and mission givers may get into an unresponsive state.

New Features

General
    Universe
    • Added: New Planet - Hurston.
    Hurston is the first planetary location, and as such is considerably larger than moons and consists of a variety of biomes. Additionally, you will find several outposts, labeled HMC (Hurston Mining Centers) and derelicts scattered about the surface.
    • Added: New Moons - Aberdeen, Magda, Arial, and Ita and populated them with a handful of outposts.
    • Added: New Major Landing Zone - Lorville
    Lorville is a large city area, and as such only has one legal area for landing and port entry. Space above residential and commercial areas are protected by a no-fly zone. Players will be warned when they are entering that zone via HUD warnings, visual indicators, and increasing audio alerts. If they continue into the zone, their ship will be destroyed. To move around the city, there is a train style transit system and signs to help guide the way.
    • Added: Hurston clothing/armor variants.
    • Players now have expanded interactions with some items.

Feature Updates

Ships and Vehicles

Bug Fixes

• Landing markers on Port Olisar should no longer appear to flicker.
    • Cargo boxes should no longer become stuck to the player's feet/legs.
    Technical
    • Fixed 4 client crashes.

Streamers Live in the 3.3.5:

Patch 3.3.5 deployed to live servers. The Highlight is the new full Planet with breathable atmosphere and varied biomes ranging from desert to savana with trash sites, beaches, mountains, snow, rain and ofc a main city with multiple shop's (clothing, weapons, ships), a bar, personal hab area and it's own train system to help moving around.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited December 2018
    CIG is pushing on recruitment with almost 100 positions opening up on the 4 core studios:

UK:

US - LA:

Germany:

US - Austin:

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/join-us
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Whoa, this thread is HUGE.  I couldn't help but click it when I saw "1.8k new" on the front page :lol:
    You guys are dedicated.
  • LazyDazedLazyDazed Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Much more to come, things are starting to ramp up. I found a post where someone mentioned CIG hiring a bunch of people, I actually noticed they posted 25 positions up at Art Station https://www.artstation.com/jobs   
    edited December 2018
    LazyDazed said:
    Much more to come, things are starting to ramp up. I found a post where someone mentioned CIG hiring a bunch of people, I actually noticed they posted 25 positions up at Art Station https://www.artstation.com/jobs   
    Yeah most of their positions are on Art and Engineering.

But well if one wants to say he's part of the development of SC you can always apply to be the janitor lol https://cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs/los-angeles/day-porter

Still counts!
    The new armor bits added on 3.4 are great

Chaos Space Marines.

Have fun

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Pillar Talk Pt. (4)2

Latest ATV
    Erillion
    Latest ATV

Erillion
    Yeah .. finally ... smuggling ... drug dealer Tecia Pacheco wants a certain package transported discreetly between the planet ArcCorp and a nearby moon. There are ... complications ;-)

Have fun
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Erillion said:
    Yeah .. finally ... smuggling ... drug dealer Tecia Pacheco wants a certain package transported discreetly between the planet ArcCorp and a nearby moon. There are ... complications ;-)

Have fun
    Yeah all the bugs in the game, crappy ai and the broken/missing features adds complications. But at least you look good/funny when your avatar suicides on a door
  • DurzaxDurzax Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Oh fucking no!, Stop the presses, an under construction software project has bugs and glitches. Who would have thunk it!

This just in, game code being added to game code can and will break other game code even game code that was fixed before, until ALL game code additions are finished.

More at, the heat death of the sun!
    @Kefo >>> when your avatar suicides on a door >>>

i am not sure WHAT you do ... but you are doing it wrong.

I have no problems with doors.

Stairs, Elevators, Raisable Platforms, closed cockpits, turrets ... did write bug reports for all of them ... but never doors.

Have fun

Utinni
    Durzax said:

More at, the heat death of the sun!
    Ironically that will probably come before this game leaves alpha status and the faithful can stop claiming “bugs because alpha” bull
    Erillion said:
    @Kefo >>> when your avatar suicides on a door >>>

i am not sure WHAT you do ... but you are doing it wrong.

I have no problems with doors.

Stairs, Elevators, Raisable Platforms, closed cockpits, turrets ... did write bug reports for all of them ... but never doors.

Have fun

Oh I never backed and never will. Lol I learned long ago never to trust money to CR cause he can’t deliver.

As to the door there is a gif floating around out there of someone trying to walk out the door of their ship and the avatar bugging out horribly before dying
    >>>
    As to the door there is a gif floating around out there of someone trying to walk out the door of their ship and the avatar bugging out horribly before dying
    >>>

Well, take Witcher 3 .. one of the best games IMHO.

Even in the finished game with record sales worldwide, the ass of your horse was clipping into the side of the mountain when riding downhill.

A YourTube video of Star Citizen with a bug is not of much concern to me personally.

Bugs happen. We see em, we write a bug report. Thousands of bugs have been patched out already. Thousands more will follow. No great problem IMHO. If the bug is reproducable and documentable, it will eventually be patched out like the others.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    >>>
    >>>

Well, take Witcher 3 .. one of the best games IMHO.

Even in the finished game with record sales worldwide, the ass of your horse was clipping into the side of the mountain when riding downhill.

A YourTube video of Star Citizen with a bug is not of much concern to me personally.

Bugs happen. We see em, we write a bug report. Thousands of bugs have been patched out already. Thousands more will follow. No great problem IMHO. If the bug is reproducable and documentable, it will eventually be patched out like the others.

Have fun
    Ass of a horse clipping through the mountain vs dying while walking through a door lol
    With Microtech being the next major planet being added to the game, the cyberpunk fashion concepts to fit its lore, animated clothing at that what is cool,  some peaks shown:

Erillion
    edited May 2019
    Procedural tech upgrades finally give quite more interesting canyons

ErillionKyleran