Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained - When do testers think it will release?

2»

Comments

• AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    They may be forced to release it depending on how much funding they have remaining.
    tweedledumb99
  • tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Kyleran said:
    danwest58 said:
    I doubt this game will release anytime in 2019 or 2020.   You will see something closer to the 2021/22 time frame.  
    Realize its been 9 months since Beta "1" began, and it easily could be 3 more months until...Beta 1.1, Beta 2, who knows?

Yeah, yeah, they've said previously subsequent beta phases will not be so long but this team has a solid record in one thing for sure, being totally unable to reasonably forecast dates seeing as year 6 is about to go by.

18 months
    I know this is your shtick ^, but i think its gonna be 2-3 years at this point.

The one thing CSE keeps proving with timelines is they eventually overdeliver, but do it comically late.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    IDK, seems like this Beta 1 is still more of an alpha from what the developers release about testing info.
    meddyck
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Kyleran said:
    danwest58 said:
    I doubt this game will release anytime in 2019 or 2020.   You will see something closer to the 2021/22 time frame.  
    Realize its been 9 months since Beta "1" began, and it easily could be 3 more months until...Beta 1.1, Beta 2, who knows?

Yeah, yeah, they've said previously subsequent beta phases will not be so long but this team has a solid record in one thing for sure, being totally unable to reasonably forecast dates seeing as year 6 is about to go by.

IIRC, Beta is right before launch, pretty much, and it's a huge jump between Alpha and Beta, where in Beta, the game is done for all intents, and it's now just polishing and graphics.

So that could go pretty quick, which means, it's possible they could have the game EA or even launched by the end of the year.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:
    danwest58 said:

IIRC, Beta is right before launch, pretty much, and it's a huge jump between Alpha and Beta, where in Beta, the game is done for all intents, and it's now just polishing and graphics.

So that could go pretty quick, which means, it's possible they could have the game EA or even launched by the end of the year.
    That's what I'm saying, though.  From what the developers have been saying in their press releases, this doesn't sound like a traditional beta.  It sounds more like an alpha.  They're still testing basic game systems, not a nearly completed game that just needs polishing.
    KyleranLokero
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    in terms of the graphics issue. 

Can a company develop a game with scripts and mechanics and use low polygon crap as placeholders and then when all the mechanics and scripts and programming is up to stuff, they just put in the most up-to-date graphics? 

I have no idea how software development works, that's why I'm asking. 
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Quizzical said:
    The game will release on February 30.
    Oh on my birthday. Marvelous! 
    Kyleran
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited April 2019
    Ungood said:
    Kyleran said:
    danwest58 said:

That's what I'm saying, though.  From what the developers have been saying in their press releases, this doesn't sound like a traditional beta.  It sounds more like an alpha.  They're still testing basic game systems, not a nearly completed game that just needs polishing.
    Yeah, when you read what they are still adding to the game it doesn't seem as if they are in a true beta state.

In terms of delivered features they still seem closer to MVP than MMP.

Might all be ready sometime in 2020, but it will be a push even then. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Looks like people aren't terribly hopeful on the Reddit, either.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CamelotUnchained/comments/bjb3z2/fully_playable_game/
  • WarWitchWarWitch Member UncommonPosts: 351
    3 more years a LOT to do a LOT that has to be redone.