Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mordhau is Now Available on Steam at 10% Off - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageMordhau is Now Available on Steam at 10% Off - MMORPG.com News

Today's a big day for Mordhau as the KickStarter funded "first and third person multiplayer slasher" has officially launched on Steam. In celebration of the launch, Mordhau is 10% off at $26.99. The launch hasn't gone without its issues, but the team is keeping the community apprised of what is being done. For instance, matchmaking modes that should feature 64 players have been temporarily scaled down to 48.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Guess we are exhausted with the number of new gaming kickstarters?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited April 2019

Scot said:

Mordhau successfully funded its KickStarter almost exactly two years ago. This is one that is actually coming out into full release. It's one of the success stories. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/430135984/mordhau
    MadFrenchieScotPhryMouloxtos85sgelgervaise1

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I see good reviews on Steam and the usual rush hour server problems that can't handle the load.
    [Deleted User]

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Despite the server issues, the game is pretty freaking awesome! A very welcome upgrade from Chivalry, whose developers have all but abandoned.
    Asheram[Deleted User]RexKushman[Deleted User]sgeltruewarlordgastovski1
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    I like chivalry, this looks similar so im going to have to try it out!
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Scot said:

This is one of the few real products that are good that came from kickstarter.
    RexKushman
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I'm going to buy it, but i won't be able to play until next week. So i'll follow reviews and if they remain good, I'll buy it.

I'm excited about it as MMO's are like dead to me.
    FacelessSavior
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited April 2019
    I'm going to buy it, but i won't be able to play until next week. So i'll follow reviews and if they remain good, I'll buy it.

I'm excited about it as MMO's are like dead to me.
    Its probably best that way as servers have some issues esp frontline but they are on it. I like it its a fun game doesnt replace Warband for me but its fun.
  • hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    If you like Chivalry, you gonna like this one.
    RexKushman
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    I was able to play a fewmatches tonight but the servers are definitely feeling the strain of launch day. It's fast paced, brutal and an absolute blast. The highlight so far was 4 of us attacking 1 knight, the guy was really good at blocking/parrying but I was able to slash him across the thigh and take his left leg clean off. He hopped up and down swinging his sword for a few more attacks like something out of The Holy Grail.. awesome fun.
    CryomatrixPhryTacticalZombehFacelessSaviorgastovski1

• GrindcoreTHRALLGrindcoreTHRALL Member UncommonPosts: 303
    So stoked for this. I played a ton of Chivalry and Pirates and Vikings. This looks like its done very well.
  • KratierKratier Member RarePosts: 626
    its basically chivalry rehash with improvements, personally prefer for honor to the button mashy chivalry style of gameplay
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Buyed and refunded after 1 hour playing. game runs very smooth with old pc. finding server was difficult. maeby buy it again when its cheaper/fixed.
    RexKushmansgeltruewarlord
  • Mouloxtos85Mouloxtos85 Member UncommonPosts: 66
    I had my eyes set on this game for so long, already bought it yesterday, gonna check it this evening!
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    For 27 bucks, I went ahead and bought it.  Played a few matches of Horde mode, that gets intense fast seeing as you're outnumbered from wave 2 on.  Found a server that didn't lag for some team deathmatch and it was fun.  It is fast paced, but also calculated; you can't spam buttons as you can only change actions mid-animation in very specific ways.

You can alter swing times by turning during an attack, but it's not ridiculous like in Chivalry, which is a great thing.

Definitely the foundation of a solid multiplayer melee game.
    XarkosgelFacelessSavior

• jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371
    Hi all, this may be a stupid question but since I have never played Chivalry, I really don't know.  Are you able to play this game solo?  I am a huge fan of Warhammer Vermintide 2, but due to having two very young children, I often play alone in case I have to bail.  I still enjoy Vermintide and with the leveling up/gear, I still feel like I am doing something regardless if I am playing solo or not?  Would this game be similar to this or is this game solely focused on group play?
    Thanks in advance!

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Damn see cool af
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Hi all, this may be a stupid question but since I have never played Chivalry, I really don't know.  Are you able to play this game solo?  I am a huge fan of Warhammer Vermintide 2, but due to having two very young children, I often play alone in case I have to bail.  I still enjoy Vermintide and with the leveling up/gear, I still feel like I am doing something regardless if I am playing solo or not?  Would this game be similar to this or is this game solely focused on group play?
    Thanks in advance!

You can enter matches as a solo player. It isn't an MMORPG, more of a team based melee fighter.