Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ECHOcast Twitch Extension Lets You Earn Borderlands 3 Loot Long Before Launch - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageECHOcast Twitch Extension Lets You Earn Borderlands 3 Loot Long Before Launch - MMORPG.com

Starting May 1st, Twitch.tv users will find the new Borderlands 3 ECHOcast extension that will allow them to potentially earn loot and items for the game long ahead of its September release. "This extension will not only allow Twitch viewers to interact with livestreams of Borderlands 3 in exciting new ways, it will also give viewers opportunities to score their own in-game items by participating in events with other viewers right there in the stream."

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164
    Ok I kinda liked Claptrap from the other BL games, but that was annoying.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    I'm still very much excited for this game, but all of these outside sources of ingame loot in what should be a self-contained game are really bothersome.
    [Deleted User]jimmywolfOctagon7711TacticalZombehLighttip
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019

Aeander said:

I'm still very much excited for this game, but all of these outside sources of ingame loot in what should be a self-contained game are really bothersome.

[Deleted User]chocolate42069
  • SolancerSolancer Member UncommonPosts: 121
    OMG Twitch is lame, its trying to be a steaming nightmare as a means to incentivize by integrated into others games? SO in other word Borderland 3 itself is design to be the new sitcom of video gaming? Yeah that tells me the Borderland dev is only into the money and not so much of their craft.

Given on how they behaving of late I shouldn't be all surprise that they are only interesting in making money and not art. That would explain a few things, like the exclusive with Epic which also tells me the game might not be on par with the older games, who knows.

Maybe it just me, it would seem the monopoly corp is out to really rule them all, they got twitch and game, now they got twitch INSIDE the game. So who to say this won't be in all future games, the future in gaming is looking very dark.
    chocolate42069
    edited April 2019
    I really dislike having ingame rewards linked to livestreams in the first place. I'd much rather play games than watch them.

Twitch is for Ritalin users and cam girls. It's boring.
    chocolate42069honken_moonLighttip
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Aeander said:
    In B4 the flaming reply.

Aeander said:
    In B4 the flaming reply.
    Counting on it.  :D
  • LokiFMLokiFM Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I know I'm saying this as a streamer... so that will instantly lower the value of my reply in your eyes probably. But, nobody is forcing you to get outside-game loot. It all seems to be crappy regular random loot anyway. Not like it's anything exclusive.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited April 2019
    It's marketing, sure.. but it's more fun than normal marketing.

I mean, you've got to look at this from the perspective of someone that watches a lot of streams and stuff. Being able to see streamer's builds and equipment is very cool. This chest business makes it fun for the streamer and the viewer. This whole thing encourages the community to be more involved.

I don't watch a lot of streamers, not really my thing, but I think this is quite innovative for those that do. As a marketing move, quite genius to be frank.
    Tillerchocolate42069randomnab
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.