Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bless Unleashed – Closed Beta Impressions - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBless Unleashed – Closed Beta Impressions - MMORPG.com

In a striking turn not long after Bless Online’s North American release, Neowiz in conjunction with Bandai-Namco announced the release of a Console version of Bless that was starkly different than the PC version. With an updated engine, a new combat style and a console only focus, the interest of many in the MMO community was piqued. Now, with several hours under my belt of Bless Unleashed, and two different classes played, is Bless Unleashed really that different from Bless Online?

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875
    They should take all the cutscenes out of the game or at least the voice acting, if they cant do it right. I would rather read text boxes than watch awkward cutscenes with no moving lips when they talk.
    maskedweaselBillMurphySignex
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    I will remove this game from my radar!
    nycplayboy78

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482
    edited April 2019
    Action combat game where as a caster you can't move as you cast spells and get locked by the animation. This is beta I know but I don't see this being fixed before release.
    ValdheimSignex
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    PsYcHoGBR said:
    Action combat game where as a caster you can't move as you cast spells and get locked by the animation. This is beta I know but I don't see this being fixed before release.
    No animation locks are a thing in a lot of "action combat" games. It's frustrating. Tera has this problem which is why the PvP is based around animation cancelling with other skills or blocks.

Honestly this isn't looking to be much of a change from the original bless, which is odd because I had thought another dev team was working on this.  
    [Deleted User]MoariNK
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I played an Archer for a few levels. I wasn't able to find a "lock target" button like in Tera to avoid firing into space as Steven mentioned. The combat for me wasn't as fun (yet) as BDX. Maybe I just prefer the combo system of BDX.
  • StevenWeberStevenWeber MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 109
    ikcin said:
    OK, combat seems fine, then story telling and quests? WTF. Is this WoW or it is a MMO? What are the multiplayer goals, guilds, is there competition, need of cooperation, wars, sieges, where is the promised open world PvP. Is the crafting competitive? What about the trade? This should be a MMORPG. And you make a review that will fit into Diablo, Skyrim or WoW - combat and personal story. There is also the BDO - incredibly stupid dress up competition, but the graphics and the combat are equal the that game. If this is a solo focused quest grind, I will not even bother to try the game.
    While this is a fair critique, I can only really comment on what I had the opportunity to try. The game is in closed beta, it hasn't launched yet, and I was only able to get each character to around level 10.  

The open world quests are group oriented, like guild wars 2 events, and there is purportedly open world PvP at higher levels as per what I saw from complaints from players being killed in map chat, but there aren't any factions and I didn't get high enough to be a part of it to comment on it first hand. There are dungeons, mounts, much of what Bless Online had, just recreated with differences that revolve around the more action oriented combat.

I didn't mess around with grouping or guilds as most people had a single primary purpose, which was leveling.

Perhaps in the future when I get more time with the game, I'll be able to give a better overall preview. Had I stuck to a single class I may have gotten to test more features, but this was a short play test, and leveling isn't as quick as some other games.
    ValdheimMoariNK
  • Riotact007Riotact007 Member UncommonPosts: 246

KingNaid said:

They should take all the cutscenes out of the game or at least the voice acting, if they cant do it right. I would rather read text boxes than watch awkward cutscenes with no moving lips when they talk.

Please no lol I voiced a couple of characters in bless!
  • flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
    i had fun in the beta. seems like the biggest complaint i am hearing is the combat needs the be faster in which i agree. But i definitely plan on playing this at launch, looking forward to it. It wont be launched for a while according to the devs so i expect some changes over the next atleast 7 months before launch.
  • Asch126Asch126 Member RarePosts: 543
    Time to milk the hell out of the console market as well.
    Viper482xion12121
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    After Bless Online scammed us all with their cash grab this crap doesn't deserve your free advertising.
    xion12121Kirtis
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Know what i think betas are for?
    Obviously it allows excuses but imo it is a feeler for how much interest there is.This way they can determine how aggressive a cash shop there is OR how much server space to devote to the game.ONE NA server for the stress test,so yeah they are not investing much until they have a better idea.

Then i have to wonder where is the EXACT same hate Epic received for EXCLUSIVE? This is a Microsoft exclusive !!.
    I used to have some trust in Microsoft when comes to gaming but after i saw what they forced out in that Pirate game and sold it for $80,i lost all respect for Microsoft.

I have read several times that most feel this so called FREE is your typical bait n switch,get you in then BAM,cash shop or go home.After looking at Bless on Steam...$327 in added DLC LMAO,hey the game is FREE ...remember?
    I have also heard rumbling of the term "grind",which of course doesn't matter to me if game play is FUN but to most comments i read it is there to grind you into the cash shop.

Over the years,defensive people mention....you can't stereotype KR games.OH YES I CAN,until i see otherwise ,all trash,all the same,all built/designed around cash shops.On top of that,i do not share ANY sentiment of ANY KR game having good combat.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2019
    We would rather you not stream or capture video from this beta. The build is early, and we don't want to leave bad impressions due to an actual beta test. This is not a marketing beta, it's a real live chance to see the game in development and provide feedback.

This from Bandai i guess,not sure if under NDA,likely is but idk.
    They claim this is not a marketing video lol...seriously?So they just want us to look and then walk away and forget the game?This most certainly is 100% marketing and after seeing some videos other than Peon's they smell of endorsed by Microsoft or bandai.

Also Beta means REAL close,like not enough will change if ANYTHING so to claim it is not even close or even a marketing video is rubbish.As i stated already this si a feel test to iron out any small login issues and to see the interest,i do not believe for one second that any further changes will happen that any normal studio wouldn't be doing.
    Bandai using terms like NEXT GEN,Unreal 4<<<This is "marketing"<br />
    BTW Bandai like most scummy businesses now a days is utilizing third party abilities to use yoru personal data.To me that just says use of all the cookies and similar items to further profit off users without consent although they like to confirm consent by FORCING the TOS on you even though your ONLY intent is to play the game.
    It is a pile of crappy legal mumbo jumbo that basically says...until the law stops us we will exploit you to our fullest abilities.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Wizardry said:
    Know what i think betas are for?
    Obviously it allows excuses but imo it is a feeler for how much interest there is.This way they can determine how aggressive a cash shop there is OR how much server space to devote to the game.ONE NA server for the stress test,so yeah they are not investing much until they have a better idea.

Then i have to wonder where is the EXACT same hate Epic received for EXCLUSIVE? This is a Microsoft exclusive !!.
    I used to have some trust in Microsoft when comes to gaming but after i saw what they forced out in that Pirate game and sold it for $80,i lost all respect for Microsoft.

I have read several times that most feel this so called FREE is your typical bait n switch,get you in then BAM,cash shop or go home.After looking at Bless on Steam...$327 in added DLC LMAO,hey the game is FREE ...remember?
    I have also heard rumbling of the term "grind",which of course doesn't matter to me if game play is FUN but to most comments i read it is there to grind you into the cash shop.

Over the years,defensive people mention....you can't stereotype KR games.OH YES I CAN,until i see otherwise ,all trash,all the same,all built/designed around cash shops.On top of that,i do not share ANY sentiment of ANY KR game having good combat.

Epic has hate because they are doing exclusives within the same platform. This is just another console exclusive. Apples and oranges.
  • KirtisKirtis Member UncommonPosts: 39
    edited April 2019
    They had several different launches in different regions over few years and did not change the main issue - the optimization of the game. That tells me one thing - they are not capable to do this. I was really exited about the game, I liked it a lot and would have supported and played it as it was - all buggy and laggy if they would have made any attempts to iron it out over time. But they worked on the project for years and the game became only buggier and more messed up. All they are concerned is to milk out fast cash out of a new player group which has not fall for their scam yet. DON'T FALL IN FOR THEIR SCAM. Don't buy this game. Neowiz is shameless frauds, scum bags and cash grabbers. I honestly warn you - don't waste your money on their products or you'll regret it.
  • tremererertremererer Member UncommonPosts: 10
    fvck neowiz
    WarmMachine
  • Nhisso13Nhisso13 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Fool me once...
    WarmMachine
  • angaelsangaels Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Pass.. Its a neat scam Neowiz has got going
    WarmMachine
  • WarmMachineWarmMachine Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Sad the next round of victims are falling for the same.  The amount of half truths and strait up lies that were told before PC launch is starting again.
  • MoNVertMoNVert Member CommonPosts: 7

Sad the next round of victims are falling for the same.  The amount of half truths and strait up lies that were told before PC launch is starting again.

Except BAMCO isn't telling you anything, and certainly hasn't been feeding people "lies".