Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ascent: Infinite Realm Early Impressions from the Thai Open Beta - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageAscent: Infinite Realm Early Impressions from the Thai Open Beta - MMORPG.com

Thanks to Bloodaxes, we've got a preview and impressions video from YouTuber "GRM Adrian" who is participating in the Ascent: Infinite Realm open beta in Thailand. While we have no news on this side of the world about when any type of A:IR beta testing will begin, it's a great look at how the game plays spread over 10+ minutes. Check it out and then leave us your thoughts in the comments here or in Bloodaxes' thread! Thanks for the cool find!

Read the full story here

Bloodaxes

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    meh after I saw pearl abyss putting his paws over the game I let it go, it will become such a p2w it don't even deserve a look
    doomexErevusgastovski1
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    It looks more of the same of what is already out there for action based combat. I guess a deeper dive into the systems when english beta happens would have separate it or proclaim it more the same. Not impressed, zero hype, but I'll hold off for now.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • LastlaughlolLastlaughlol Member UncommonPosts: 144
    Meant to prey on the gullible.
    doomex
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    edited April 2019
    Hahaha, no need to thank me!

Wasn't sure it was worthy of a thread by you guys (I can delete my thread if you want no problem) else I would have pmed you :P

As for the game, I'm also a bit sceptical BUT I've been waiting for a new mmorpg to try for so long that if it's even remotely playable I'll be giving it a try. While the gameplay video has some things to be weary about, overall it didn't seem bad (compared to recent mmos at least). I love mechs, it hits my weak spot.    

• jarsku85jarsku85 Member UncommonPosts: 84

meh after I saw pearl abyss putting his paws over the game I let it go, it will become such a p2w it don't even deserve a look

I think you are mixing publisher and dev... Kakao is publisher of BDO and Pearl Abyss is dev of BDO.
    edited April 2019
    Also, for anyone who didn't enjoy (like me) that silly jumping animation, apparently you unlock different walking animations and can switch to one you like for your character (atleast that's what the comments said).

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Flying sounds like swimming in GW2 mixed flying in Aion.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    Copy paste with a gimmic Asian MMO, they all look the same.
  • marocan22marocan22 Member UncommonPosts: 4
    ic code pls
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    omg , generic at best ><
    todzilla85
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Looks an awful lot like BDO... which is not a bad thing as BDO is a good looking game.

So... BDO with flying and mechs... OK.
    alkarionlog
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• texhnolyzetexhnolyze Member UncommonPosts: 39
    No English language option in Thailand server? I'd try it you can at least switch to English UI and texts.
  • SullieLoreSullieLore Member UncommonPosts: 20
    Unreal Engine 3. I'm not falling for this again...
    [Deleted User]doomex
  • nomadienomadie Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Looks so much like Tera it's crazy.
  • DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Is this action combat or tab target. I have seen 3 reviews so far and this one is the only one that says it is action combat??
    EldestElder28
    edited May 2019
    Found another new first impression @SBFord if you maybe want to tag it in the first post:

This guy seems to have played the Korean version and said that the Thai version seems to be better overall. He also compares it to Bless online at the start, but do keep in mind it's an early impression so having unreal engine 3 could still (my guess guaranteed) be an issue.

Is this action combat or tab target. I have seen 3 reviews so far and this one is the only one that says it is action combat??
    This video mentions that he kept hearing people saying it's action combat like you, but he said it's more like Revelations Online where you still need to target enemies. I haven't tried it myself, and my first impression seemed to be similar to Guild Wars 2 but I could be wrong. 
    Daemonweaver

LazyPeon made a first impression reaching further from these two videos (Reached level 30). Showcased more of the world, some story, quests and most important (for me) mech combat.

All in all, it seems like it could be fun (hoping they don't ruin it with the cash shop) for a pver like myself.