Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You Will Soon be Able to Join the Ranks of the Pioneer Scouts & Equip Moddable Backpacks - MMORPG.co

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageYou Will Soon be Able to Join the Ranks of the Pioneer Scouts & Equip Moddable Backpacks - MMORPG.com

When the next Fallout 76 update goes live on May 7th, players will be able to join up with the Pioneer Scouts! In the days before the Great War, only children could belong. Today, however, membership is open to all. Those who join will be able to set off on a number of quests to "demonstrate their core values: kindness, helpfulness, bravery, and growth". Players can even earn badges in cooking, swimming, archery, and athletics to name a few. Badges can then be traded for themed C.A.M.P. items.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    The Pioneer Scouts sold me. I bought my copy today. I believe that if Bethesda just keeps chugging away, the game could become something special. I'll dink around with it casually and keep believing. :)
    [Deleted User]ZenJellyAzaron_Nightblade

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Too little too late, sold us an early access game but lied about it.
    RexKushmanZenJellySrit
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355

SBFord said:

The Pioneer Scouts sold me. I bought my copy today. I believe that if Bethesda just keeps chugging away, the game could become something special. I'll dink around with it casually and keep believing. :)

I don't need Pioneer scouts, I'm a BSA adult leader in real life for like 12 yrs. Both son's earned their Eagle. :-)
    SBFordZenJelly
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Seems like an odd addition but I'm in :-)
    ZenJelly
  • halfmystichalfmystic Member RarePosts: 535
    Love the game, level 160 now. The only thing I dislike is that power armor is practically forced on you. If you don't use it, you're gimped beyond belief.
    Keller
  • RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Only if you go in the blast zones. I never use power armor and I do just fine with my snipe build.

• CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    Every time I see that 7.0 from review... /shrugs
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

SBFord said:

I don't need Pioneer scouts, I'm a BSA adult leader in real life for like 12 yrs. Both son's earned their Eagle. :-)

Yeah and surgeons don't need amateur surgeon simulator.

Fallout 76 is what one would call "That hella ugly person you dated in highschool but didn't tell anyone about" type of situation.

We all dip into it here and there but we aren't going to brag about it.
  • KaliGoldKaliGold Member UncommonPosts: 130
    Making Fallout an Online-Only was a failure and nothing will change that. Better luck next time Beth!
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    SBFord said:
    I might eventually jump in. Especially if a text chat system gets added. That was one of my big reasons to give it a pass.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    edited April 2019
    Fallout 76 suffered from people piling on since that was the popular thing to do when it was launched. It's not a bad game. Maybe in a year those same people will revisit the game to assure themselves they were right. Try it for yourself since you won't get an honest opinion from people on this game.
    Rastan1