Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

watch this

Heres another one

rojoArcueidKumaponsvannGyva02

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    A game where you can't faceroll swipe through enemies in a second?

I'm not going to lie, i am more interested now (didn't really care much when first announced). It looks more and more like a classic crpg turned third person mmo. I like it.

I hope it is good enough to justify the sub whenever it launches.
    Margrave

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    edited April 2019
    Brasse was so funny, and was great on the stream. That role play... :D 

Are pantheon Dwarves Scottish?

The dwarf models already look 100% better than the old ones, and the UI took some getting used to, but it’s very clean. I can’t wait to see more races implemented with the new animations.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    What's the ETA on full release?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited April 2019
    They probably have the trademark on "when its finished."

I dunno why, but the thread title seems like it would be complete if it had "hold my beer" on the end of it.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:

I dunno why, but the thread title seems like it would be complete if it had "hold my beer" on the end of it.

;)
    Hold my beer. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019
    "And so far this will be only for PC"

"So far, yes"

Just make it PC only please....As we see with games like FFXIV, consoles just hold mmorpgs back overall.
    AdamantineAmathesvann
    I watched some of the video.  Oh thank God, no parkour or dodge rolling.
    Viper482Gyva02
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    So if i am showcasing what my game is doing,what the systems are doing,they are  not doing that.
    Not into this banner idea,buffs.debuffs should be with the players classes and not on some pole/flag.

Right away the npc's were just standing/floating there motionless.
    Aside from the banner there is no talk about what the combat and classes are doing.I am not seeing ANY group work,just a banner and each player playing solo.So no this is not good and has not evolved as a game,this is just EQ again.
    What bothers me is mention chat seemingly didn't like slower combat.It is not about SPEED it SHOULD be about purpose ,action and reaction and not just whack 1-2 dead.I do NOT want to play ARPG's...ever,they are garbage designs for a rpg game.

This video actually bummed me out,i would rather not see anything yet if they are just going to show me FAKE grouping,dropping a banner down does not make it feel like a group.
    Where is the player to player combos,WHY is dude's swords on fire,is there ANY elemental effects/reason in the systems?

This is just how do i say it,,low level game design.I need to see MUCH better.

bcbully

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2019
    Even Brad mentions,.."you don't want to just be standing there hitting with your sword in a game like this"but that is pretty much what i am seeing.Even still they NEED to be explaining talking,i don't want to just watch and learn nothing.
    Strike
    Slam
    Slash
    I had to look for these in the chat box because nobody is talking about it.
    Do they even matter or are they just words?
    Same thing when he mentions classes have different resources,are they actually DIFFERENT or just different words?
    The AGED idea of MEZZ shows how bad the combat system is.If you mez there should be a chance to fail and/or when the mez becomes released he should head straight for the mezzer and pretty much kill that player within 2-3 hits.In other words,it should not be a SIMPLE cast to easily remove a mob or two from battle,it should be a LAST resort a VERY risk attempt.
    bcbully

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited April 2019
    Wizardry said:
    So if i am showcasing what my game is doing,what the systems are doing,they are  not doing that.
    Not into this banner idea,buffs.debuffs should be with the players classes and not on some pole/flag.

Aside from the banner there is no talk about what the combat and classes are doing.I am not seeing ANY group work,just a banner and each player playing solo.So no this is not good and has not evolved as a game,this is just EQ again.
    What bothers me is mention chat seemingly didn't like slower combat.It is not about SPEED it SHOULD be about purpose ,action and reaction and not just whack 1-2 dead.I do NOT want to play ARPG's...ever,they are garbage designs for a rpg game.

This video actually bummed me out,i would rather not see anything yet if they are just going to show me FAKE grouping,dropping a banner down does not make it feel like a group.
    Where is the player to player combos,WHY is dude's swords on fire,is there ANY elemental effects/reason in the systems?

Hooooooooly shit, Wizardry didn't like a game!  That's a first.
    KyleranSovrathdragonlee66LackingMMO
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Kyleran said:

;)
    Red5 invented SOON™ never forget.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • rounnerrounner Member UncommonPosts: 725
    Wizardry said:
    Even Brad mentions,.."you don't want to just be standing there hitting with your sword in a game like this"but that is pretty much what i am seeing.Even still they NEED to be explaining talking,i don't want to just watch and learn nothing.
    Strike
    Slam
    Slash
    I had to look for these in the chat box because nobody is talking about it.
    Do they even matter or are they just words?
    Same thing when he mentions classes have different resources,are they actually DIFFERENT or just different words?
    The AGED idea of MEZZ shows how bad the combat system is.If you mez there should be a chance to fail and/or when the mez becomes released he should head straight for the mezzer and pretty much kill that player within 2-3 hits.In other words,it should not be a SIMPLE cast to easily remove a mob or two from battle,it should be a LAST resort a VERY risk attempt.

I can't disagree with the first part, it makes me think of politicians; watch what they do not what they say.

With the mez bit though, making it a last resort or something you can't rely on is basically removing it from the combat mechanics. Surely its utility should be on par so it is balanced not watered down into an escape.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Kumapon said:

Err ... has anyone ever made Dwarves that do NOT get a scottish accent ?

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Wizardry said:

It's like animated chess. First you move your stiff plastic bishop piece into position.  After it slides into position the animation then starts as you press abilities.

Love the game, waiting for the game and plan on finally playing an mmorpg for years.  But it does have a 1999 way about it........ I hope the coding is better than EQ1 and 2.

Too much griphics not enough coding.
    Sovrath
    Kumapon said:

Better than Jamacian I suppose.
    Sovrath

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Wizardry said:

Hooooooly shit I agree with everything he said :O
    Kyleran
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Kumapon said:

Just the ones that follow Snow White around.
    SovrathConstantineMerus

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    DMKano said:
    One of the few games I have zero regrets putting my money into while in early access.

I hope it turns out to be on par with classic EQ1 in terms of gameplay depth.
    yes, I regret not buying in early when I had the chance.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    I watched through the mini-boss fight (and aftermath).  This was totally the 1999 EQ1 game play with improved graphics.  While many will appreciate that, it just doesn't work for me anymore.  VR seems to talk a good game, but it is really dated.

Do something different, please!  More teamwork.  Multi-character combos.  Less reliance on AOE effects (banners).  The largest fight was 3 mobs against the party -- make the fights more chaotic and numerically balanced.  Make it so the party needs to vary their tactics -- every fight was the exact same.  Make the players react to dynamic events and enemy action.  Move the mobs around dynamically -- fighting against static mobs plays like a puzzle game, not a fight.

The industry needs a new game, but it doesn't need a return to 1999.

Prepared

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

bcbully said:
    Wizardry said:

Hooooooly shit I agree with everything he said :O
    Let me guess:  Not enough open world, full-loot PvP for you?
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2019
    Albatroes said:

"So far, yes"

Just make it PC only please....As we see with games like FFXIV, consoles just hold mmorpgs back overall.
    Nothing about Pantheon would be held back on a console. FFXIV runs deliciously well on base PS4.

Also, next gen will be even closer to modern PCs so by the time Pantheon fully launches, if popular they could port it to next gen. If anything, XIV showed how well traditional mmorpgs work on consoles.

I don't believe it will ever happen, and that is OK. Exclusives move platform sales and PC should have their own exclusives too, It always has.

Albatroes said:

"So far, yes"

Nothing about Pantheon would be held back on a console. FFXIV runs deliciously well on base PS4.

Also, next gen will be even closer to modern PCs so by the time Pantheon fully launches, if popular they could port it to next gen. If anything, XIV showed how well traditional mmorpgs work on consoles.

I don't believe it will ever happen, and that is OK. Exclusives move platform sales and PC should have their own exclusives too, It always has.
    Keyboard and mouse controls is what separates the platforms and why FFIV suffers some due to having to mesh well with a controller, same for ESO.

• kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    looks so bad I want my Vanguard to be ressurected :(
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Mendel said:

"This was totally the 1999 EQ1 game play with improved graphics."

WIN 

cheyanesvann

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Amathe said:
    Mendel said:

"This was totally the 1999 EQ1 game play with improved graphics."

WIN 

Exactly what I want too so total win.
    Amathekitarad
    Chamber of Chains