Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beyerdynamic Team TYGR Streaming Kit Review: Phenomenal - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBeyerdynamic Team TYGR Streaming Kit Review: Phenomenal - MMORPG.com

Audio is one of the most important parts of any streaming and podcasting setup. Looking across the market, it can be overwhelming deciding on the best option. Today, we’re looking at the new h kit from Beyerdynamic. Featuring the FOX USB Condenser microphone and the open-back TYGR headphones, it’s a premium kit designed to blow your gaming headset out of the water. For $389, does it do enough to justify its price? Let’s find out.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    Is there anything that is required to buy along with this kit? I assume it isn't as easy as plug it in with a USB.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

Is there anything that is required to buy along with this kit? I assume it isn't as easy as plug it in with a USB.

Most likely you are going to want an audio interface.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• project6925project6925 Member UncommonPosts: 19
    edited April 2019
    At least the audio reviews are getting better.

When it comes to this package offer tho, no, just get a at2020 or shure 57/58 and a standalone 100usd headset or a dt 770 + a cheap interface, this package seems to be overpriced and obviously marketed towards people who want to stream without doing any audio research.

PS using a open headset with a condenser mic is a bad idea depending on how badly the sound bleeds and depending on how sensitive the mic is.

Edit: from the soundcloud recordings in order of quality it would be:

AT 2020 usb,

Blue yeti usb,

nails on a chalkboard

Fox usb,

nails on a chalkboard with extra amp.

Razer Seiren Elite
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

Nope! It's a USB mic and a normal 3.5mm headphones (with 1/4 adapter, if you want.) You're good to go.with just that.
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

At least the audio reviews are getting better.

When it comes to this package offer tho, no, just get a at2020 or shure 57/58 and a standalone 100usd headset or a dt 770 + a cheap interface, this package seems to be overpriced and obviously marketed towards people who want to stream without doing any audio research.

PS using a open headset with a condenser mic is a bad idea depending on how badly the sound bleeds and depending on how sensitive the mic is.

Edit: from the soundcloud recordings in order of quality it would be:

AT 2020 usb,

Blue yeti usb,

nails on a chalkboard

Fox usb,

nails on a chalkboard with extra amp.

Razer Seiren Elite

The bleed isn't bad enough to be picked up by the mic. I thought the same thing. The Shure is definitely a great sounding mic, too. So good for spoken word. I have to say though, I disagree on the applause the at2020 gets. I mean, yes, it sounds good, don't get me wrong, but when you really begin to compare lots of mics side by side (I've done somewhere around 20), it lacks warmth in my opinion. You can fix that easily in post but then, at that point, your choice of mic matters a lot less anyways if you're just retuning. I do like the At2020, and it's well respected, which is why I keep including it. It's just a bit overrated, IMHO. I prefer the FOX to it. I prefer the SM58 to it too, by a ton, actually.