Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Rise of Discovery Sees Captain Lorca & Commander Landry Take the Helm - MMORPG.co

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Trek Online: Rise of Discovery Sees Captain Lorca & Commander Landry Take the Helm - MMORPG.com

When Star Trek Online: Rise of Discovery launches later this year, it will feature both Captain Gabriel Lorca and Commander Ellen Landry, voiced by Jason Isaacs and Rekha Sharma. As players work through Rise of Discovery, they will fight beside the USS Buran and learn the history of each in their time before joining the crew of the Discovery. Rise of Discovery will launch on May 14th.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ElannarElannar Member UncommonPosts: 16
    And more ships to sell! :P

Elannar

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Discovery is equal first with my two other favourite ST series...OK its hard to pick one! :)

Well deserved addition to STO hopefully it goes well.
  • foppoteefoppotee Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Yet another Reputation tier which will mostly be same stuff just different paint job, I guess that is considered additional content nowadays. Let alone Cryptic made the Rep tier jump from 5 to 6 a ridiculous grindfest. It just gets old pretty quick when Cryptic keeps saying stuff like we plan to have most Reputation gear re-engineerable & only does a dab, we plan to make the combat tardigrade account-wide too then Cryptic fluffs it off & never does it. Cryptic's credibility is pretty bad & there seems to be no accountability. Let alone nothing but Discovery stuff pushed onto the game as of late with more Disc ships to come. I wish Cryptic would go back & finish the Victory Is Life arc that was cut short for all of the Discovery stuff & expand into some different directions too. I'm glad Isaacs & Sharma are included with this content, they did well in the series, but I expect only a couple of new missions including them. A new story arc used to be like 6 or 8 missions now it is usually 2-6. Even with the newest C-Store ships: Lorca's Buran & the Klingon Qoj, nice looking ships but stats are meh & they're dreadnought only in title imo they're really just tanks & Romulans we're left out again even though Cryptic keeps saying "we're working on Romulan ships". I'm sure soon more Discovery ships: Enterprise, Section 31, & the Klingon Cleave ship will be released but only for gambling. Is STO still a good F2P game? Yes. Is STO becoming more like a mobile game with "random" rewards & gambling game? Yes as well. Luckily one can still have fun & never pay a cent.

Scot
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    foppotee said:
    Yet another Reputation tier which will mostly be same stuff just different paint job, I guess that is considered additional content nowadays. Let alone Cryptic made the Rep tier jump from 5 to 6 a ridiculous grindfest. It just gets old pretty quick when Cryptic keeps saying stuff like we plan to have most Reputation gear re-engineerable & only does a dab, we plan to make the combat tardigrade account-wide too then Cryptic fluffs it off & never does it. Cryptic's credibility is pretty bad & there seems to be no accountability. Let alone nothing but Discovery stuff pushed onto the game as of late with more Disc ships to come. I wish Cryptic would go back & finish the Victory Is Life arc that was cut short for all of the Discovery stuff & expand into some different directions too. I'm glad Isaacs & Sharma are included with this content, they did well in the series, but I expect only a couple of new missions including them. A new story arc used to be like 6 or 8 missions now it is usually 2-6. Even with the newest C-Store ships: Lorca's Buran & the Klingon Qoj, nice looking ships but stats are meh & they're dreadnought only in title imo they're really just tanks & Romulans we're left out again even though Cryptic keeps saying "we're working on Romulan ships". I'm sure soon more Discovery ships: Enterprise, Section 31, & the Klingon Cleave ship will be released but only for gambling. Is STO still a good F2P game? Yes. Is STO becoming more like a mobile game with "random" rewards & gambling game? Yes as well. Luckily one can still have fun & never pay a cent.

Sounds like it has a bad case of GaaS.
  • SephrusSephrus Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Please God tell me it comes with a large side of SOCIAL JUSTICE and heap of IDENTITY POLITICS for desert, cause Lord knows the show doesn't have enough for my taste. Lol like Division 2 body type vs gender.
    Scotgastovski1