Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nighthawk Event Returns to Champions Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageNighthawk Event Returns to Champions Online - MMORPG.com

With this weekend's launch of Endgame, gaming fans may be looking for some super hero action. The arrival of the Nighthawk Event in Champions Online may fit the bill. During the event, players will be able to make bonus daily Questionite and work to "unravel the mystery of this former Champion's return to Millennium City". Players can also earn Nighthawk costume pieces. The event begins today and runs through May 2nd.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Champions Online lol Must be a slow news day
    momintimBlaze_Rocker
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I get the odd feeling that with the CoH private server thingy up and running(ish) that the servers will be at an all time low during this event. Shame really, I still have a great time playing this and doing events.
  • LeiHngWeiLeiHngWei Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Most of the CoX refugees left CO years ago. The few remaining leaving for the private servers won't be an impact.
  • mallettjtmallettjt Member UncommonPosts: 102
    I wonder why they left, it's almost like jack doesn't know what made CoX magic
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Without fail COX would come up with any mention of CO here.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Interesting notion Hari, and a correct one. You never see them under DCUO news articles.

Must be the old wound, the "betrayal" they feel towards Cryptic for leaving CoH behind to make something better. Even if it was only a partial success...
    (the list in which areas CO is better, and in where CoH was better, was discussed several times already, so let's not repeat that)

On topic, Nighthawk is a good event, has a nice storyline. Not much new rewards this time, but it's still fun to play it through once for the story's sake.
  • Nhisso13Nhisso13 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    Such a waste of potential. People are dying for an excellent super hero mmo and the morons at cryptic and PWI let CO just wither away. If i won one of those 600 million dollar lotteries id spend whatever it took to buy and fix this waste of potential.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

Nhisso13 said:

Such a waste of potential. People are dying for an excellent super hero mmo and the morons at cryptic and PWI let CO just wither away. If i won one of those 600 million dollar lotteries id spend whatever it took to buy and fix this waste of potential.

Name calling and vague critique are as easy as they are empty.

What would you specifically do so that the game better reached it's potential?
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    If you don't mind I necro this, since:

- Nighthawk is back (for two weeks), and I guess the event won't get an own news entry this time :)

- neither the black friday sales (not just in CO, that's a general Cryptic and PWE offer)

- but mainly found it fitting due to the multiple threads recently about necros, both the thread necro bots as the actual necromancer class in different games: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11306763-the-tenebrous-archetype%21 
    CO just got one such AT, alongside the event. Not a pet master type of necro though, just a lifestealer, dark magic user kinda one.