Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Kombat 11 " Are you not entertained? "

2»

Comments

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Humans are funny. They get offended by some boobies (50+% of all humans got them, get over it) but have no issues with brutality. The trailers were much too brutal and explicit for my personal taste. I'll pass.
    Asm0deus
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    And sure enough, people started making calculations on how much money they would need to purchase all stats. The whole situation strongly reminds me of BF2, with the added smokescreen of BF5.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/bguuzb/in_mk11_it_will_cost_you_6440_to_buy_every_skin/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Let's assume you just want to finish the campaign, do every character tutorial and complete the basic towers. You do not want to do any grinding outside of this, but you want to unlock every skin in the game:

• On average, one skin costs 500 Time Krystals, which costs $5 in the store. You can of course earn these, but they accumulate very slowly

• Skins appear in the store on a rotational basis, where a set of five skins are made available for a limited period of time (usually 6 to 8 hours), then they are gone and you have to grind the towers to earn them. This adds to the urgency to quickly spend money on that skin you always wanted. For our calculations to be valid, we will assume you never see a duplicate skin in the store and you check the store every 6 hours or so

• There are 23 characters in the game, each of which has 60 skins. But playing through the story, character tutorial and basic towers will usually unlock 4 of these, so we have 56 skins to unlock

• So based on these, we get: 23 * 56 * 5 = $6440

• Note that these calculations include the patch which the devs promised would solve the progression issues

• This figure does not include: fatalities, brutalities, gear or single use consumables because I have not figured out the exact drop rate for these

Edit:

Why not just grind for the skins?

I got around 760 Time Krystals after 4 hours of play. At this rate, it will take me 3390 hours to unlock every skin. Sure, I could complete specific towers of time to get there faster. But like I explained in my previous post, these are near impossible to complete without rare or better gear and single use consumables, which themselves require more grinding.

Why the outrage over this? Previous MK games allowed you to pay for skins too...

In MKX, you could unlock all: skins, fatalities, brutalities and DLC characters for just $40. Yet in this game, you need $6440 just to unlock all the skins.

Asm0deusAlmostLancelot
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404
    Xasapis said:
    And sure enough, people started making calculations on how much money they would need to purchase all stats. The whole situation strongly reminds me of BF2, with the added smokescreen of BF5.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/bguuzb/in_mk11_it_will_cost_you_6440_to_buy_every_skin/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Let's assume you just want to finish the campaign, do every character tutorial and complete the basic towers. You do not want to do any grinding outside of this, but you want to unlock every skin in the game:

• On average, one skin costs 500 Time Krystals, which costs $5 in the store. You can of course earn these, but they accumulate very slowly

• Skins appear in the store on a rotational basis, where a set of five skins are made available for a limited period of time (usually 6 to 8 hours), then they are gone and you have to grind the towers to earn them. This adds to the urgency to quickly spend money on that skin you always wanted. For our calculations to be valid, we will assume you never see a duplicate skin in the store and you check the store every 6 hours or so

• There are 23 characters in the game, each of which has 60 skins. But playing through the story, character tutorial and basic towers will usually unlock 4 of these, so we have 56 skins to unlock

• So based on these, we get: 23 * 56 * 5 = $6440

• Note that these calculations include the patch which the devs promised would solve the progression issues

• This figure does not include: fatalities, brutalities, gear or single use consumables because I have not figured out the exact drop rate for these

Edit:

Why not just grind for the skins?

I got around 760 Time Krystals after 4 hours of play. At this rate, it will take me 3390 hours to unlock every skin. Sure, I could complete specific towers of time to get there faster. But like I explained in my previous post, these are near impossible to complete without rare or better gear and single use consumables, which themselves require more grinding.

Why the outrage over this? Previous MK games allowed you to pay for skins too...

In MKX, you could unlock all: skins, fatalities, brutalities and DLC characters for just $40. Yet in this game, you need $6440 just to unlock all the skins.

I get the complaint about the micro-transactions now....though tbh they should start calling it macro-transaction..lmao

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Gorgeous graphics and good gameplay ruined by  monetization & or horrible grind . Estimated $6440 to unlock all costumes loollolololo. PC Version has some terrible crashes & always need to be online in order to play.

Downvoted on Steam

SBFord
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited April 2019
    Asm0deus said:
    SBFord said:
    Asm0deus said:
    It's getting shredded on Steam, got lots of bad reviews....
    Because, once again, the perpetually offended are taking their impotent rage out on a game that doesn't meet their social and political expectations. Rage bombing is the new howl of the outraged. 

https://gamerant.com/mortal-kombat-11-review-bomb-sjw/

Honestly, I do not have enough eyes to roll at the whiny, entitled, pathetic, fists on the floor / feet kicking and screaming crowd. I'd wager most of them haven't even played, but are simply running with the "kewl kids".
    Could be...dunno really haven't played it but the few reviews I have read (of this kind of complaint) complain of the exact same thing.

That political agendas are being pushed in game and there shouldn't be any of that in a MK game or pretty much any other game.  Gaming is a form of escapism so I can see how some want to just have fun instead of being preached at, which does seem to be a trend lately. 

Doesn't really matter what side of the line you fall into I think agendas should remain outside the game in real life.

Many of the other complaints also seem to be about performance (guessing due to denuvo?) and micro-transactions.
    The "preaching" was literally Jax using time travel powers to prevent slavery and female characters who no longer perform martial arts in thongs..  That's...  Not really a political statement so much as a traditionally moral one.

If I could go back and prevent slavery, I'd do it, too.  And I'm a white guy.

There are just as many, if not more, instances of some dipshit gamers going in looking for a reason to get mad and throw a fit, as there are actually grotesque or ham-fisted "SJW propaganda" in video games.
    alkarionlogCryomatrix

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    edited April 2019
    Asm0deus said:
    SBFord said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Because, once again, the perpetually offended are taking their impotent rage out on a game that doesn't meet their social and political expectations. Rage bombing is the new howl of the outraged. 

Honestly, I do not have enough eyes to roll at the whiny, entitled, pathetic, fists on the floor / feet kicking and screaming crowd. I'd wager most of them haven't even played, but are simply running with the "kewl kids".
    Could be...dunno really haven't played it but the few reviews I have read (of this kind of complaint) complain of the exact same thing.

That political agendas are being pushed in game and there shouldn't be any of that in a MK game or pretty much any other game.  Gaming is a form of escapism so I can see how some want to just have fun instead of being preached at, which does seem to be a trend lately. 

Doesn't really matter what side of the line you fall into I think agendas should remain outside the game in real life.

Many of the other complaints also seem to be about performance (guessing due to denuvo?) and micro-transactions.
    The "preaching" was literally Jax using time travel powers to prevent slavery and female characters who no longer perform martial arts in thongs..  That's...  Not really a political statement so much as a traditionally moral one.

There are just as many, if not more, instances of some dipshit gamers going in looking for a reason to get mad and throw a fit, as there are actually grotesque or ham-fisted "SJW propaganda" in video games.
    I think if you truly sat down and worked it out you wouldn't want to prevent US slavery. (I say US slavery because we're not the first and blacks were not the only slaves). Just take a look at Africa. Like a black man one told me, "they can go back if they want to I'm staying riiiiight here."

I think the same can be said about sending that message. By continually talking about how bad whites treated blacks you keep increasing the resentment and continue to push racial tension.
    Post edited by ChildoftheShadows on
    AlBQuirky
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited April 2019
    Asm0deus said:
    SBFord said:
    Asm0deus said:

I think if you truly sat down and worked it out you wouldn't want to prevent US slavery. (I say US slavery because we're not the first and blacks were not the only slaves). Just take a look at Africa. Like a black man one told me, "they can go back if they want to I'm staying riiiiight here."

I think the same can be said about sending that message. By continually talking about how bad whites treated blacks you keep increasing the resentment and continue to push racial diversity.
    Nothing about not having slavery prevents Africans from ever migrating.  They could just do so by choice and their own initiative.  That personal liberty thing.

The amount of suffering, bigotry, and cruelty that the practice created here in America is too big and too disgustingly wrong to try and write off as necessary.  A world where it didn't happen would be different, but nothing makes that inherently bad, and the alternative, when we imply these things were necessary, is sitting on our hands going "yep, all that suffering must've been worth it, cause here we are!"

And talking about it now has zero to do with antagonizing anyone and 100% to do with the fact that black Americans still endure the aftershock of a country who initially enslaved, then ostracized, then begrudgingly accepted them.  Because that's the reality of the history of black Americans.  And I don't care if we did build the most powerful nation in the world.  It was built inhumanely on their backs in the beginning; the ends don't justify any means.
    ChildoftheShadowsJeffSpicoli

• WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    Haven't read much into it but here's hoping they don't nickel and dime you to death for extra characters like DBFZ. I never really cared about story playthrus for fighters. I just run thru fast as i can so i can have all the guys. 
  • KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875
    edited April 2019
    Nothing about not having slavery prevents Africans from ever migrating.  They could just do so by choice and their own initiative.  That personal liberty thing.

Black people was everywhere already

Greek/Roman
    Loading Image
    Loading Image

What I notice is that theres a common theme civilizations were always being attacked by primitive Barbarians/Wild Men

The ethnonym Berber dates to the 19th century, derived from Barbary the term for the Maghreb coast used during the early modern period, itself from Greek barbaria "land of barbarians". The contemporary self-designation current mostly in Morocco is Imazighen.

Also notice a lot of history thats being told is mostly after 1500s a little after the renaissance which means Rebirth
    edited April 2019

I think the same can be said about sending that message. By continually talking about how bad whites treated blacks you keep increasing the resentment and continue to push racial tension.
    But I sure do see a common theme throughout history

Modern Day

Its cool though, none of that stops Black People..too strong

Greeks were calling barbarians everyone not Greek, especially everyone not speaking Greek. They were all inclusive like that (or is it exclusive?)
    KingNaid said:

Modern Day

You're looking at human/animal nature where the dominant group overtakes others. It's not "whites targeting blacks" that's just a ignorant top down view without using your brain to decipher what's going on. It's like saying cops in NY targeted black communities when they were trying to put more cops on the street, but the reality they were going by statistics and putting more cops on the street WHERE VIOLENCE OCCURRED. Period. We as a human race have grown more knowledgable and overcome/are overcoming these barbaric practices.. aside from some other parts of the world that softies seem to be ignoring, but that's another topic.

The video you posted. Pure tinfoil hat rubbish. You will believe anything
    Xasapis said:
    Greeks were calling barbarians everyone not Greek, especially everyone not speaking Greek. They were all inclusive like that (or is it exclusive?)
    Exclusive, if I'm understanding you correctly. Greeks only like themselves and other Greek speakers. They excluded anyone else and called them Barbarians.
    Who can confirm that the NetherRealm twitch chat filters the word PC?

It seems that the PC version of the game has some glaring technical issues, which the developers of the game would rather not talk about (?)
    Xasapis said:
    Who can confirm that the NetherRealm twitch chat filters the word PC?

It seems that the PC version of the game has some glaring technical issues, which the developers of the game would rather not talk about (?)
    That would be odd. Try typing "computer" ?
    edited April 2019
    KingNaid said:

Modern Day

You're looking at human/animal nature where the dominant group overtakes others. It's not "whites targeting blacks" that's just a ignorant top down view without using your brain to decipher what's going on. It's like saying cops in NY targeted black communities when they were trying to put more cops on the street, but the reality they were going by statistics and putting more cops on the street WHERE VIOLENCE OCCURRED. Period. We as a human race have grown more knowledgable and overcome/are overcoming these barbaric practices.. aside from some other parts of the world that softies seem to be ignoring, but that's another topic.

The video you posted. Pure tinfoil hat rubbish. You will believe anything
    Yeah just a conspiracy theory
    Pg. 3
    we have, as far as possible closed every avenue by which light might enter their mind;^; we have only to go one step further — to extinguish the capacity to see the light, and our work would be completed; they^ would then be reduced to the level of the beasts of the field, and we should be safe ; and 1 am not certain that we would not do it, if we could find out the necessary process
    Post edited by KingNaid on
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Although very interesting, lets not derail the thread further, it might get locked otherwise.

As for MK11, I'll wait for a deep sale on the GotY edition, the microtransactions made it very easy to choose. i'll be playing MKXL to get my fix until the price drops on this one.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    [Deleted User]
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Asm0deus said:
    SBFord said:
    Asm0deus said:

Social media is cancer. 

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk. 
    MadFrenchie
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
    Xasapis said:
    Robert E. Howard knew what Im talking about

Hyborian: The iconic race of Conan’s world, Hyborians are a diverse race descended from a tribe of northern barbarians which destroyed an ancient empire.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I kind of wish perhaps Mortal Kombat did the following. 

1) You can play the game for free and the monetization stays the same

or

2) You can pay $60 and everything can be earned at a much more reasonable pace (i.e. 10x quicker than before) 

Then they can see how much revenue they got from each. Kind of like an experiment. 

I'd try MK perhaps if it was free, but based on the way I work, any up front cost is a huge deterrent for me. 

Then again, if I knew for sure I was going to play MK, then i'd probably opt for 1) and then if i like the game, I can switch to 2). 

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    its related =p