Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Satisfactory: With Kids! - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageSatisfactory: With Kids! - Not So MMO - MMORPG.com

Red Thomas continues his search for the ultimate family-friendly experience with Satisfactory. Red might have “borrowed” a nephew from his sister for a few days in order to write this article. He may or may not have neglected to get permission first. Read on to discover if it was worth it or not.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Satisfactory: With Kids!

u may want fix that.
    Tiller
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    The game is a ton of fun. and the map is freaking huge.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    edited April 2019
    Looks like they are pissed about pirating.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Red_ThomasRed_Thomas Member RarePosts: 666
    Tiller said:

They should be.  It's a tiny team and pirating is such an asshat thing to do.
    SBFordrojoArcueidScotHatefullMadFrenchie
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Tiller said:

Pirating = not cool

Contributing to this ridiculous store exclusive battle = also not cool

2 wrongs don't make a right?  or do they....?
    [Deleted User]
    Meh.  Folks are making too big a deal out of this.  The market will sort it out at the end of the day.  They'll either make a great product and it'll be worth using them, or they'll find that they're losing too much money and cut it out.

A lot of games use their own launchers now, even if you get them through Steam.  Plus, Steam really needs a competitor.  What the public doesn't see is what they do to the devs/publishers that list using their service.   They really need some competition, this'll be a good thing if that competition starts here.   Don't think it does, but it'd be a good thing if it did.
    HatefullMadFrenchie
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    crankked said:
    Tiller said:

Pirating = not cool

EPIC CEO already tweeted to Valve. If Valve matches the 88-12% split Epic will stop getting all the exclusives and will even release Epic's own games on Steam. Blame Gaben for not being pro developers now.
    maskedweaselRed_ThomasHatefull

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Always good to see nippers being useful in life and helping you out with some gaming. :)
    Red_Thomas
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I actually watched a streamer play this for a while.It is a rather simple game,sure you can run around the world,see a cute dog like creature running around with puppy eyes but the game itself is really just a different take on sim city.\
    Build a bunch of conveyor belts,make the setup bigger and bigger .......and ummm well bigger and bigger,yeah it VERY quickly becomes zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.I cannot see any intrigue playing this beyond one month and likely you get bored before then.

Oh BTW the ONLY reason we see this game popup is because the streamers were paid to play it,given FREE copies and of course after a few days will never reference the game ever again.This is a huge problem in gaming,every single angle is just angle to make money,there is almost NO actual passion for gaming.

Satisfactory??It is an alright idea but very little beyond building a bunch of conveyors.gather mats build,gather mats build.Idea is hmm idk maybe a 6.5/10 actual game is a 3/10.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

It's absolutely nothing like Sim City.  No clue where you draw that comparison from.

The streamer I originally watched play it was way to small to receive any sort of endorsement deal or free copy, so you're pretty wrong on that point, as well.  I also don't really see this studio having enough revenue to pay streamers to play the game much, if at all.  In fact, I don't think I've seen a single sponsored stream.

I've enjoyed the game a great deal, and so have several of my nephews and at least a couple of my nieces.  I also have several friends who have told me about enjoying the game.  Of course, those friends are mostly from my old Army Intel days.  It's possible that there's some correlation with strategic thinking and other factors with enjoyment of the game.

Think you're conspiracy is a bit too conspiratorial.  The people involved aren't even aware of it...
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    edited April 2019
    Wizardry said:
    I actually watched a streamer play this for a while.It is a rather simple game,sure you can run around the world,see a cute dog like creature running around with puppy eyes but the game itself is really just a different take on sim city.\
    Build a bunch of conveyor belts,make the setup bigger and bigger .......and ummm well bigger and bigger,yeah it VERY quickly becomes zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.I cannot see any intrigue playing this beyond one month and likely you get bored before then.

Oh BTW the ONLY reason we see this game popup is because the streamers were paid to play it,given FREE copies and of course after a few days will never reference the game ever again.This is a huge problem in gaming,every single angle is just angle to make money,there is almost NO actual passion for gaming.

Satisfactory??It is an alright idea but very little beyond building a bunch of conveyors.gather mats build,gather mats build.Idea is hmm idk maybe a 6.5/10 actual game is a 3/10.
    Are there any games you actually like, or do you just hate everything xD ?

Red_Thomas
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• SylvinstarSylvinstar Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Nice to see some postings on a kid-friendly game. Not to derail, but Portal Knights is definitely a good time for adults/kids if you are into RPG's.
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    It's absolutely nothing like Sim City.  No clue where you draw that comparison from.

The streamer I originally watched play it was way to small to receive any sort of endorsement deal or free copy, so you're pretty wrong on that point, as well.  I also don't really see this studio having enough revenue to pay streamers to play the game much, if at all.  In fact, I don't think I've seen a single sponsored stream.

I've enjoyed the game a great deal, and so have several of my nephews and at least a couple of my nieces.  I also have several friends who have told me about enjoying the game.  Of course, those friends are mostly from my old Army Intel days.  It's possible that there's some correlation with strategic thinking and other factors with enjoyment of the game.

Think you're conspiracy is a bit too conspiratorial.  The people involved aren't even aware of it...
    Don't mind him.  He regurgitates the same post over and over again with slightly different wording.  Approximately 15,850 times if I had to guess.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041

So, all their 9 copies were sold to your family and friends?  :p

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    MadFrenchie
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited May 2019
    lahnmir said:

So, all their 9 copies were sold to your family and friends?  :p

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    8, one of his nephews refunded.

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    crankked said:
    Tiller said:

Pirating = not cool

EPIC CEO already tweeted to Valve. If Valve matches the 88-12% split Epic will stop getting all the exclusives and will even release Epic's own games on Steam. Blame Gaben for not being pro developers now.
    Do you trust executives that use public communication as their vehicle for business?  This is unprofessional trash talk.  If he were serious he'd keep his mouth shut and be having quiet conversations behind closed doors.
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Dagon13 said:
    crankked said:
    Tiller said:

Pirating = not cool

Do you trust executives that use public communication as their vehicle for business?  This is unprofessional trash talk.  If he were serious he'd keep his mouth shut and be having quiet conversations behind closed doors.
    Maybe 10 years ago.  Many executives use social media to drum up publicity.  Just so you know, they aren't trying to get your business.  They know hardliners like you bleed steam.  They are trying to get the people who are on the fence to come over.

What better way then to offer product that their competitors won't have for a year, and demonize them at the same time.  

Steam would be wise to call his bluff.  If they do, and he wasn't lying, there would be no reason to continue to buy stuff on Epics launcher, because it is inferior to Steam.  If he was lying, he would lose the trust of the people that were on the fence.