Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you play a completely free, no cash shop game if ...

2»

Comments

• jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457
    I would happily pay for a game and pay a monthly sub if I received decent timely content and patches. 

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    What is wrong with people these days.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Depends on a few factors.

1: What kind of access to my graphics card are we talking about, if it starts doing shit once I shut down the game, that's gonna piss me off.

2: How good the game is.

3: If I am drunk at the time.
    Phaserlight4507
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    It used a small percentage of your graphics card to crypto mine?
    Your question is false.  It is not in fact completely free if they are using your machine to mine crypto.
    GorwePhry

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    How about I just PAY for it instead.
    ScotKyleranPhaserlightAlBQuirky
  • LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    And then comes the reality that they snuck some spyware onto your computer that starts mining randomly even when you don't have the game launched.

Any company that would offer this service wouldn't be above taking that approach.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    No I don't like the idea. . I am not even solid on why. . I guess I would need it to be completely transparent to be a yes but I would rather just play. . it seems like a slippery slope. . would it continue while I was not playing. . would it up the hashrate later. . different people would be "paying" different amounts based on their graphics cards etc. 

It is an interesting idea.  I think there are a few mobile apps that were considering that.

It just would just seem to invasive even if it wasn't.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• WBadgerWBadger Member RarePosts: 374
    There's a difference between a game shoving a cash shop into your face versus actually wearing down the hardware components in your computer.  You can ignore the salesman who keeps stopping infront of you to show you the blenders in his coat. You can't ignore the salesman who just broke the window in one of the rooms in your house to set up a lemonade stand out the side.
    Phaserlight
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Can someone explain how our video cards crypto mine?
    AlBQuirky
  • jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292
    never followed it too closely as i think it all a scam so my info mit be off

(  kudos to those that profited from getting in and out early )

that i know of it require something about data,  your card processes the data after X time doing that it mines a coin. rinse, repeat, that how coins are mined and people try an profit.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    It is wrong in the same way sending junk ads to someone's fax number is wrong. 
  • ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    DMKano said:
    Nope.

I mean there are lots of completely free games that don't have crypto miners built in.

IMO really awesome games dont need cryptominers in their clients. 

If a client has a miner built in - to me that means the game is almost certainly low quality and not worth playing. 
    This. All of this. 
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    It used a small percentage of your graphics card to crypto mine?
    Your question is false.  It is not in fact completely free if they are using your machine to mine crypto.
    There is also the question of how much resources it uses, if it was whatever resources your GPU had that wasn't needed by the game, then all i can say is 'hell no' because who wants their GPU running at 100% load for long periods of time, it uses a lot of power and there is a gradual degredation of the GPU itself, both those things = $$ and probably far more than a monthly subscription would cost by orders of magnitude. If i was going to have my PC mine crypto i would build a dedicated machine for it, not my gaming rig! :o
    AlBQuirkyPhaserlight