Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlizzCon 2019 Set for November - Tickets On Sale May 4th and May 8th - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlizzCon 2019 Set for November - Tickets On Sale May 4th and May 8th - MMORPG.com News

Blizzard has announced that BlizzCon 2019 will take place in Anaheim, California on November 1st and November 2nd. Ticket sales will be held on two separate dates: Saturday, May 4th starting at 10:00 am Pacific / 1:00 pm Eastern and on Wednesday, May 8th at 7:00 pm Pacific / 10:00 pm Eastern.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345
    edited April 2019
    Do you guys not have phones? 2nd Edition.
    Post edited by berlight on
    ZenJellyLife2v

Beta tester maniac

• CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    I wonder how much less people will come after last year fiasco.
    Life2v
  • Pher0ciousPher0cious Member RarePosts: 473

berlight said:

Do you guys not have phones? Edition Two.

*Yawn*
    GroqstrongLife2v
    ('''\( ',.:.,' )/''')
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Well, after the Blizzcon 2018/Diablo Immortal fiasco, they better plan on showing something big this year. A revolutionary Diablo game to run in PC perhaps?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    It's the 25th anniversary of the Warcraft IP so my guess is that that will take up a lot of the show this year. There's WC3 Reforged coming along and I suspect they'll have something interesting WoW-wise. It's also post-launch (we hope) of Classic so I bet it's going to have a heavy Warcraft theme this year.
    laseritbamwallaMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190
    TBC, 2021.
    Thupli
  • DropkeDropke Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Anyone still willing to buy a ticket for this is a very naive person that still believes this is the old blizzard. Let it go people, the company you loved is looonnnngggg gone and is now a completly different company using the same name.
    momintimZenJellyGroqstrongAlvonuThupliAalamrLife2v
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    Dropke said:
    Anyone still willing to buy a ticket for this is a very naive person that still believes this is the old blizzard. Let it go people, the company you loved is looonnnngggg gone and is now a completly different company using the same name.
    What I thought about people going to the Star Wars Convention...people still go.
  • Riqqy82Riqqy82 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    im sure a bunch of 70-115ers will be there. 

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    SBFord said:
    It's the 25th anniversary of the Warcraft IP so my guess is that that will take up a lot of the show this year. There's WC3 Reforged coming along and I suspect they'll have something interesting WoW-wise. It's also post-launch (we hope) of Classic so I bet it's going to have a heavy Warcraft theme this year.
    Your making me feel way too old ;)
    SBFord

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    For the first time since the 1st Blizzcon, I have no desire to attend or buy a digital ticket.
    ZenJellyAalamrLife2v
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228
    I cant wait for them to announce what arbitrary thing they expect us to want to grind towards this year
    Solancer
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,812
    DMKano said:
    Well, after the Blizzcon 2018/Diablo Immortal fiasco, they better plan on showing something big this year. A revolutionary Diablo game to run in PC perhaps?

Dont put revolutionary and Blizzard in the same sentence. 

Blizzard has stopped doing revolutionary a long time ago. Blizzard is all about safe games now - low on innovation and high on polish.

Revolutionary games are far too risky for billion dollar companies that have to answer to shareholders. 
    Was Blizzard ever truly revolutionary? Maybe around the SC1/WC3 days?
  • LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
    Aeander said:
    DMKano said:

Dont put revolutionary and Blizzard in the same sentence. 

Blizzard has stopped doing revolutionary a long time ago. Blizzard is all about safe games now - low on innovation and high on polish.

Revolutionary games are far too risky for billion dollar companies that have to answer to shareholders. 
    Was Blizzard ever truly revolutionary? Maybe around the SC1/WC3 days?
    WC IP was basically stolen from Warhammer and they got sued for it.  I would say the first Diablo was, that was a time before we really had networks.. it was local coax Lans etc.  So the early days they did have a bit of it..
    ZenJelly
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,812
    We are proud to announce Diablo Kart Mobile.
    SolancerLife2v
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

Dropke said:

Maybe they are going to have fun, meet people in person whom they met online, get some Blizzard news and just enjoy the gaming atmosphere?
    ZenJellyLife2vBlacklabelcali
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019
    I can't wait for them to announce the next wow expansion being completely playable from mobile. If those of you that played recently noticed, they added new features to the app! As for the in-game items, I wonder what can top the banner and cape we got last year?!?!? Hopefully Just a pet! image
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    edited April 2019

Albatroes said:

I can't wait for them to announce the next wow expansion being completely playable from mobile. If those of you that played recently noticed, they added new features to the app! As for the in-game items, I wonder what can top the banner and cape we got last year?!?!? Hopefully Just a pet!

Yeah. It definitely feels like they are trying to migrate WoW to both PC and mobile devices and I guess with time just mobile devices because... they assume everyone have phones... My grandmother doesn't, so... flawed logic.
    Solancer
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Probably a lot about the future of the mobile market place. Perhaps a shocker like classic only being available on mobile...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019

Albatroes said:

I can't wait for them to announce the next wow expansion being completely playable from mobile. If those of you that played recently noticed, they added new features to the app! As for the in-game items, I wonder what can top the banner and cape we got last year?!?!? Hopefully Just a pet!

Yeah. It definitely feels like they are trying to migrate WoW to both PC and mobile devices and I guess with time just mobile devices because... they assume everyone have phones... My grandmother doesn't, so... flawed logic.

I mean, I'm starting to side with people hoping Activision-Blizzard fails, because sometimes you need to hit rock bottom in order to really appreciate what you once had, especially after last year's blizzcon. They make up the price for last years tickets because of the classic demo and even give less of in-game rewards compared to the previous year. On top of that, out of the MULTIPLE DIABLO PROJECTS they were swinging around throughout the year, they announce Diablo mobile to a pc crowd. I mean, even axing Ion causes a delay in future WoW content by a year, I'd say its better to have that than this time-gate simulator and stuff constantly being taken away just to be given back to us later with a 'progression' sticker on it. They need new blood at the helm. Maybe axe is 'too-strong' but Ion definitely needs a break and so does the community. And give the damn art team a bigger bonus. As an aside, Activision-Blizzard has been recently re-hiring for the positions they laid off people for at an associate level (meaning people would be working at the same position with lower pay). Small indie company etc.
    ZenJelly
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    I just pictured the level of anxiety for the crowd on opening ceremony lol.
    Solancer