Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Introduces the New Overwatch Workshop - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageBlizzard Introduces the New Overwatch Workshop - MMORPG.com

Blizzard Vice President Jeff Kaplan took to the airwaves earlier today to introduce Overwatch Workshop that is already live on the OW PTR. Players will be able to "craft your marvelous creations!" It is a scripting mode that allows players to make custom game modes within the custom games browser and to prototype custom Overwatch heroes with the system. This feature will be available for PC and console. Kaplan said it is important to note that this is NOT a map editor.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Azaron_Nightblade

Comments

• BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Groovy ..... must admit I think along with the 4 player scenarios they could add more RPG style of content .... so much potential with spin offs ...

ZenJelly
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    I am totally surprised, the whole GaaS philosophy does not go in the direction that allows players even this amount of freedom with a game.
    Palebane
  • ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407
    This ought to be good. And by good, I mean horrifying.
    illerbgzgamer
  • genova2809genova2809 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    how to grab free dev team ask the players to dev for you for free :3
    MMOman101
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    Well, yeah, it's proven to be a popular thing in a lot of games. Nothing wrong with allowing community support!
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Workshop. Craft. Mechagnomes. 
    Palebane
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Player created content ALWAYS adds to games, period and unless its content developers are trying to use as their own or sponge off of its a good thing. How much replay ability did it add to games like cs:source and starcraft/warcraft 3?
    ZenJelly

MurderHerd

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019

Well, yeah, it's proven to be a popular thing in a lot of games. Nothing wrong with allowing community support!

I dont really think his comment is without merit given that blizzard decided to gut their esport department/investment/whatever you want to call it then use toys (of all things, on top of trying to sell a new mount a week or so before announcing that too) to 'help' fund the prize pool only to find out that it was already a fixed amount anyway. I mean if you're unaware of their tactics, sure its a good thing. OW has been one of their financial bottoms recently anyway, so this isn't really a surprise.
  • illeriller Member UncommonPosts: 517
    edited April 2019
    Blizzard, Apr 2016: "You don't want that either. You think you do, but you don't"
    Blizzard, Apr 2019: Alright we admit it, everyone's leaving and our ideas suck... do all of our testing and focus grouping for us, loyal cuckmunity
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Sounds pretty dope. I’m fine just playing QP and CM, but I do hope they come up with some fun stuff for distraction. The custom games have a lot of options already, so it will be cool to see what folks do with the new tools. Not holding my breath, but would be cool if it works out for some players.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.