Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Mechagnomes be the Next World of Warcraft Allied Race? - MMORPG.com

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited April 2019
    SBFord said:
    Torval said:
    Creepy. Bah, both Blizzard and Suzie hate my beloved gnomes. Gnomore love for us. :(

Same with goblins. No one loves them either and they're cute!
    Now Goblins, I love. :D

I'm guessing if they give Mechagnomes to Allies, Horde will probably get Vulpera since they use the same model rig as Goblins. 
    If Blizzard does that, they're formally requesting that players bitch about Horde bias.

Vulpera compared to....  An alternate form of a race Alliance already has, which coincidentally happens to be one of the least popular races in the game for either side.  Just the kind of genius I expect from Blizzard nowadays, though.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    SBFord said:
    Torval said:
    Creepy. Bah, both Blizzard and Suzie hate my beloved gnomes. Gnomore love for us. :(

I'm guessing if they give Mechagnomes to Allies, Horde will probably get Vulpera since they use the same model rig as Goblins. 
    If Blizzard does that, they're formally requesting that players bitch about Horde bias.

Vulpera compared to....  An alternate form of a race Alliance already has, which coincidentally happens to be one of the least popular races in the game for either side.  Just the kind of genius I expect from Blizzard nowadays, though.
    I say MORE HORDE BIAS! MOOOOOOOORE because its story so far in BfA has just been a dumpster fire o'fun. They owe Horde players for the shit show that BfA is.

Allies don't have it much better, but, as always, they at least have the moral high ground and the shiny white robes of goodness wrapped snugly around them. :D
    MadFrenchie

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

SBFord said:
    SBFord said:
    Torval said:

I say MORE HORDE BIAS! MOOOOOOOORE because its story so far in BfA has just been a dumpster fire o'fun. They owe Horde players for the shit show that BfA is.

Allies don't have it much better, but, as always, they at least have the moral high ground and the shiny white robes of goodness wrapped snugly around them. :D
    The bias crowd always struck me as merely subgroups within each faction who just didn't prefer the way their chosen faction has evolved.  Which is understandable, it just doesn't mean there's a coordinated effort to undermine either side.  That would honestly be detrimental for the company behind said game.

Ahh well.  If it truly does end up Vulpera->Horde and Mechagnomes->Alliance, Blizzard deserves the backlash they get on this one, merely because it should be obvious that the Vulpera seem like a far better option between the two, both aesthetically as well as in terms of the "ooh, this is all new!" factor.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

MadFrenchieSBFordAmathe
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Probably the best way to increase the popularity of Gnomes: have Peter do a commercial for WoW playing as a Gnome that looks (and acts) exactly like himself as Tyrion.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Probably the best way to increase the popularity of Gnomes: have Peter do a commercial for WoW playing as a Gnome that looks (and acts) exactly like himself as Tyrion.
    He wouldn't do it (based on what he has said). He doesn't "play" gnomes, dwarfs etc. he plays characters. Now OK today he doesn't need to, but that has been his stance long before GoT made him famous. And kudos to him for that.
    MadFrenchie
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    "We are the Gnoborg, resistance is futile."
    SBFordfoxgirl
    gervaise1 said:

He wouldn't do it (based on what he has said). He doesn't "play" gnomes, dwarfs etc. he plays characters. Now OK today he doesn't need to, but that has been his stance long before GoT made him famous. And kudos to him for that.
    Good on him for resisting the idea that he should be typecast based solely on his physical appearance.

No commercials for him, then!
    gervaise1

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited April 2019
    Well Mechs are the theme in Hearthstone and Blizzard has copied toe for toe  from Wow and inserted into HS so i would say this is likely a 99.9% accurate assessment.Then you can likely expect a MECH hero to purchase in HOTS and maybe a Mech map for OW.
    Then for your added pleasure some  game crossover cash shop sale.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

SBFord said:

Waan said:

Are they still adding races?

They have said they will "when it makes sense". Given the heavy customization options for the NPCs currently in the game, there is speculation these horrific creatures will be added as an Allied Race. :D

Apparently they found a Brewmaster event Icon for Vulpera along with all the other allied races. And some dialog about another kind of vampire highelf that sounds like part of an allied race scenario. So it looks like more are coming. Junker Gnomes seem like a better candidate for additional customization options than an allied race though. If horde are getting Vulpira Allies should get Sekrath. Both races already have all the required tech in place to be player characters it seems.
    MadFrenchie
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2019
    I see people talking about foxes/snakes/cyborg gnomes, but vrykul are really a stretch eh? Come on blizz.....give me dem tall women.

They tried that with the dude who played mini-me some years back.
    MadFrenchie
  • Vorch21Vorch21 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Seriously.... CYBORGS ? ;(
    SBFord
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited April 2019
    Amathe said:
    It's like the Borg assimilated the ugliest kid in fourth grade.
    Definitely no Number 7. 

I'd rather be a Mirelurk.

SBFord

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Creepy and really not something people will play while saying "cute" .
    SBFord

• retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160
    This is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever seen....

And the fact that I would return to WoW for this makes me hate myself
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Remember GoBots?
    WE now we have............wait for it...........
    GnoBots...
    (You knew I was gonna say it)
    [Deleted User]SBFord
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    They ran out of race ideas a long time ago, probably starting with the blood elf.
    Kyleran said:
    Amathe said:
    It's like the Borg assimilated the ugliest kid in fourth grade.
    Definitely no Number 7. 

I'd rather be a Mirelurk.

You had the opportunity to pick Macho Man Randy Deathclaw, and you went with Mirelurk.  You're hopeless!
    [Deleted User]

They ran out of race ideas a long time ago, probably starting with the blood elf.
    Yeah, I never understood why Blood Elves were all female gender locked.
    lahnmirSBFord[Deleted User]
    Yeah, I never understood why Blood Elves were all female gender locked.
    Doncha wish yer girlfriend was hot like me?
    [Deleted User]
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    That is horrible.
    SBFord[Deleted User]
    Chamber of Chains
    edited April 2019
    Do they come with detachable extremities?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFzhjnjXc2o
    SBFord[Deleted User]
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Well if we could throw body parts at enemies, then maybe that would be cool new twist.
    SBFord
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    "Makkag-nomes" lol
  • DeathtognomesDeathtognomes Member UncommonPosts: 155
    DEATH! DEATH TO ALL GNOMES!