Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Mechagnomes be the Next World of Warcraft Allied Race? - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2019 in Videos Discussion

imageWill Mechagnomes be the Next World of Warcraft Allied Race? - MMORPG.com

LeystTV is back with another World of Warcraft video based on the recently released v8.2 "Rise of Azshara" update on the PTR. One of the areas players can currently explore is the island of Mechagon, home of Mechagnomes that he believes may be one of the next Allied Races coming to WoW.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited April 2019
    Honestly, that pic is just horrifying to look at. *shivers* I don't like regular Gnomes and this one is 100000000 times worse. :D
    SignexAlbatroesAenghasgervaise1doomexnatpickRain_DeathravenKyleran

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    I........
    have no words.
    SBFordXarkoceh430makevali
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180

SBFord said:

Honestly, that pic is just horrifying to look at. *shivers* I don't like regular Gnomes and this one is 100000000 times worse. :D

That's racist.
    SBFordPsym0n
    edited April 2019
    Xarko said:
    SBFord said:

That's racist.
    No, it's an honest judgment that that thing is ugly af. :P Just ew...
    Xarkonatpick

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• WaanWaan Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Are they still adding races?
    Waan said:
    They have said they will "when it makes sense". Given the heavy customization options for the NPCs currently in the game, there is speculation these horrific creatures will be added as an Allied Race. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    did someone told then they are late for 1st april jokes?
    SBFordmakevali
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Because Gnomes are sooooooooooooo popular.....smh

It makes sense Blizzard would do this though.....I mean when do they ever give the players what they actually want? At this point I think they are actually trying to either kill this game or prove no matter how many stupid decisions they make it will never die.
    SBFordnatpickKyleranmakevali
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    It's like the Borg assimilated the ugliest kid in fourth grade.
    SBFordSovrathKrestn

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    A body only a mother could love....maybe....
    SBFord
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I wouldn't mind the idea of a race of full robots or something (lore permitting), but holy cow this is not a race I'll ever touch.
    SBFord
  • SephrusSephrus Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Just ugh. There is a reason why I played only female blood elves from the launch of BC.
    SBFord
  • AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834
    I wonder if... just in case someone has been waiting a decade to play a race like this. They need to make sure it's locked behind some kind of Rep Grind etc so that you have to play something you don't want to play... just to unlock something you do want to play and do it all over again.

I guess I shouldn't be snarky. Since it's only my personal opinion kind of thing. I don't believe there is anything they could do to bring me back to the game at this point (this gnome isn't going to). Well I plan to play Classic a bit... but the *live* game has been dead to me for quite a while.
  • PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    I love the ugly races best. No way I’m grinding crap content for a month to get access tho.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Dibs on Chucky for a name!
    SBFordAmatheKyleran
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    edited April 2019
    Yuck. Hard pass. But then WoW is a hard pass too so /shrug.
    makevali
  • shetlandslarsenshetlandslarsen Member UncommonPosts: 203
    Hope they will. I always make my toons as ugly as possible. So they shoould fit right in.
    SBFord
    I am a scizo misanthrope. So one day I may go BANZAI on your post.
    Have not yet though. Maybe there is hope?
    Nah there is really none for me or the human race. 
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Well.... That's horrifying. A great analogy for the current state of Wow though. Horrible yet fascinating enough you can't turn your face away.

like a train wreck? or like that freak circus shows?
    [Deleted User]SBFord[Deleted User]
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • BlueThunderBearBlueThunderBear Member RarePosts: 228

Palebane said:

I love the ugly races best. No way I’m grinding crap content for a month to get access tho.

This is my problem with allied races. Theyre cool but Blizz can kiss my posterior if they think Im going to grind for a month or two just to get a new race that I can use to grind for another 4 months.
    Palebane
  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411
    They need to make the head mecha...or stylize armor to show off the mechanical parts.
  • VanchoraVanchora Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Blizz please give me some of the pills you are using. I need to get somehow onto the same level with you again, but it feels more like falling from endless skyscrapers....
    makevali
    Torval said:
    Creepy. Bah, both Blizzard and Suzie hate my beloved gnomes. Gnomore love for us. :(

Same with goblins. No one loves them either and they're cute!
    Now Goblins, I love. :D

I'm guessing if they give Mechagnomes to Allies, Horde will probably get Vulpera since they use the same model rig as Goblins. 
    [Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited April 2019
    SBFord said:
    Waan said:
    They have said they will "when it makes sense". Given the heavy customization options for the NPCs currently in the game, there is speculation these horrific creatures will be added as an Allied Race. :D
    My interpretation of "When it makes sense" though is "What we think we need to do to maintain revenue".

Whilst the more cynical part of me thinks: "When Overwatch needs a new hero - or HotS a new skin - to make more money." 

Could be both.
    Post edited by gervaise1 on
    SBFord
  • ceh430ceh430 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    WTF is this... i want to unsee this omg... now i won't be able to sleep for weeek at least o.O
    SBFord
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Calling first on character name Tyrion. 
    SBFordPalebane

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests