Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mortal Kombat 11 " Are you not entertained? "

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited April 2019 in General Gaming
Mortal Kombat 11 is one of my most anticipated games of 2019 and looks better than ever. NetherRealm fighters have become my favorite over the years with their top notch character design, story, visuals and mechanics.  Releasing on April 23 this is what I consider AAA. ;)

Mortal Kombat 11 – Official Story Prologue Trailer

Mortal Kombat 11 - Official Story Trailer

Mortal Kombat 11 – Official Geras Reveal Trailer

Mortal Kombat 11 – Official Kabal Reveal Trailer

Mortal Kombat 11 – Official Jade Reveal Trailer

Mortal Kombat 11 – Official Johnny Cage Reveal Trailer

Mortal Kombat 11 - Official Cassie Cage Reveal Trailer

Mortal Kombat 11 – Official Kotal Kahn Reveal Trailer

Mortal Kombat 11 – Official Noob Saibot Reveal Trailer

Mortal Kombat 11 – Official Kollector Reveal Trailer

Mortal Kombat 11 - Official Cetrion Reveal Trailer

Mortal Kombat 11 - Official Kitana Reveal Trailer

Mortal Kombat 11 - Official Shao Kahn Reveal Trailer

Post edited by Mikeha on

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    More reveal trailers still to come.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I haven't been this excited since I had first learned about cocktails and no I'm not talking about drinks. 
    Mikehalaserit
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    I haven't been this excited since I had first learned about cocktails and no I'm not talking about drinks. 
    I have no idea what you refer to and I'm scared about making a web search on the subject.
    ConstantineMerusScot
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I'm still surprised they never used the moniker "GET OVER HERE! .... and play"
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    As a huge 2d beat em up fan since the days of SF2 I can safely say: meh. I am forever ruined by the blistering speed, insane complexity and butter smooth combat of Blazblue and Guilty Gear. The new MK looks stunning and I enjoyed MKXL for a bit but thats about it for me. Glad they are bringing back Baraka though as ge was sorely missing in the last game. And also glad they are bringing over D’vorah, she was the only exciting newcomer to me in the last game. But enjoy those who love it, good times ahead for you!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Trailers look nice but MK game play does not interest me.Maybe they should just sell trailers.
    Mikeha

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited April 2019
    lahnmir said:
    As a huge 2d beat em up fan since the days of SF2 I can safely say: meh. I am forever ruined by the blistering speed, insane complexity and butter smooth combat of Blazblue and Guilty Gear. The new MK looks stunning and I enjoyed MKXL for a bit but thats about it for me. Glad they are bringing back Baraka though as ge was sorely missing in the last game. And also glad they are bringing over D’vorah, she was the only exciting newcomer to me in the last game. But enjoy those who love it, good times ahead for you!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

The only Japanese fighter I like is The King Of Fighters. I was always a SNK fighter growing up so that game holds a special place in my heart.  The gap in quality NetherRealm fighters have over all others is just insane now. I use to be huge on games like Dead Or Alive, Soul Calibur and Tekken. Played the new versions of them all and after a day or 2 you start to feel the same old, same old. Its the same with fighters like Street Fighter, Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. All great games but I have moved on. 

DMKano said:
    Been an avid fan and player since MK1.

Played on the competitive level briefly during late 2000s.

Bottom line - I never skip a MK game, so very much looking forward to 11

Also -OP didnt include Kano trailer...... tsk tsk

Did they make an official reveal trailer for him?  I know they made a video from the Brazil event where they showed him fighting revealing that he would be in MK 11 but I can not find a trailer for him.
  • CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    High kick, low kick.
  • AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    edited April 2019
    I haven't been excited for an MK release in a long time.

That having been said, 11 has me very pumped and I can't wait to start cleaning house.
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Mikeha said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

The only Japanese fighter I like is The King Of Fighters. I was always a SNK fighter growing up so that game holds a special place in my heart.  The gap in quality NetherRealm fighters have over all others is just insane now. I use to be huge on games like Dead Or Alive, Soul Calibur and Tekken. Played the new versions of them all and after a day or 2 you start to feel the same old, same old. Its the same with fighters like Street Fighter, Guilty Gear and BlazBlue. All great games but I have moved on. 

Haha awesome. I feel exactly the same, MK and Guilty Gear/Blazblue would switch places though. Still, I’ll get MK11 when its on sale and enjoy it for a few hours.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    R.I.P. Keyboard and mouse users

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Too gruesome for my taste.
    Also the double standards controversy between covering up men and women is hilarious.
    [Deleted User]
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited April 2019
    Xasapis said:
    Too gruesome for my taste.
    I've always loved MK but i agree with this. Same reason i skipped MKX. I wish they went back to 2D. I actually enjoy Injustice far more than the last 2 MK.

Same reason i didn't play Until Dawn. Way too realistically gruesome for my taste. It's like imagining that happening to a close friend or family... ugh. Instant pass.
    [Deleted User]

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    "and looks better than ever.

How does it play? Pretty graphics are something gaming studios come up with every new release. When is the last time you heard "This title in the franchise, the graphics are not up to scratch?"

How does it play, that's all that matters.
    Shao Kahn's trailer has been added!
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,403
    It's getting shredded on Steam, got lots of bad reviews....

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Asm0deus said:
    I heard it's the latest to bend over for SJW bs.
    CyberFrog
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited April 2019
    Asm0deus said:
    Because, once again, the perpetually offended are taking their impotent rage out on a game that doesn't meet their social and political expectations. Angry review bombing is the new howl of the outraged. 

https://gamerant.com/mortal-kombat-11-review-bomb-sjw/

Honestly, I do not have enough eyes to roll at the whiny, entitled, pathetic, fists on the floor / feet kicking and screaming crowd. I'd wager most of them haven't even played, but are simply running with the "kewl kids".
    Sovrath

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

edited April 2019
    SBFord said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Because, once again, the perpetually offended are taking their impotent rage out on a game that doesn't meet their social and political expectations. Rage bombing is the new howl of the outraged. 

Honestly, I do not have enough eyes to roll at the whiny, entitled, pathetic, fists on the floor / feet kicking and screaming crowd. I'd wager most of them haven't even played, but are simply running with the "kewl kids".
    Could be...dunno really haven't played it but the few reviews I have read (of this kind of complaint) complain of the exact same thing.

That political agendas are being pushed in game and there shouldn't be any of that in a MK game or pretty much any other game.  Gaming is a form of escapism so I can see how some want to just have fun instead of being preached at, which does seem to be a trend lately. 

Doesn't really matter what side of the line you fall into I think agendas should remain outside the game in real life.

Many of the other complaints also seem to be about performance (guessing due to denuvo?) and micro-transactions.
    SBFordCyberFrog

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited April 2019
    @Asm0deus The kinds of reviews you mention are legitimate -- performance and the like. However, castigating a game for a perceived agenda is not. How many other games sport revisionist history? I would wager more than a few, yet there is no umbrage taken with many of them. This game had the unfortunate happenstance to come out at a time when people vent their anger in non-constructive ways. How much better to vote with one's wallet by returning a game that offends? Infinitely, I would guess.

Just playing the devil's advocate since MK11 and its ilk are not my type of game, but...what if the ostensible agenda is appreciated by an equal number of players? Whose opinion is correct? Again, voting with one's wallet is a more effective tool.

We live in an age where everything has an agenda, sorry to say. It's tiring. But there is more to the world than what has been in gaming in the past. The industry and its inclusiveness is growing up to reflect a modern world whether we agree with that growth or not. Would that they did it with less of a "see what we did" attitude and simply included it as a matter of course.

Negative review bombing is a compelling argument for waiting for reviews to come out before purchasing to avoid games that may not be to one's taste and vice versa.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

edited April 2019
    SBFord said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Because, once again, the perpetually offended are taking their impotent rage out on a game that doesn't meet their social and political expectations. Angry review bombing is the new howl of the outraged. 

..... But, but ... GIMMIE MUH BOOBIES!!!!! >:)
    Well as much as I like jiggly physics in game I wouldn't give a bad review to a game for lack or too much of that.  Frankly as a married man I prefer my jiggy physic irl as Mrs Asmodeus can take care of that with ease.....lol

But yes I was kind of skipping most of those reviews and looking more at the performance ones, the sjw thing is hard to get a decent perspective of without seeing for yourself as it's far too big of a shade of grey imo.

edited April 2019
    I don't understand the argument "haven't played the game" regarding Steam reviews. The people who review have purchased the game.

Besides, since when our enjoyment of something must absolutely not be marred by the displeasure of others? There are a lot of people out there with a strong displeasure to modern pop music. There are a lot of people who hate WoW. Since when it was ok to attack those people and proclaim their opinion invalid?

Or even worse? Be Polygon and call them racists for disliking this latest iteration of the game.

(Why it's even called review bombing in this instance? It is directly related to the game itself. Not that actual review bombing is bad imo, it's just that it becomes another meaningless phrase used to any negative criticism we don't like.)
    Asm0deusJeffSpicoli
    edited April 2019
    Pharad said:
    Anyone else feels like the Street Fighter franchise is trying to steal a bit of the shine on fighting games that is brought by MK11? Here's what I'm talking about: https://www.eneba.com/blog/street-fighter-5-arcade-edition-is-free-for-now/

any opinions?
    Ehh not really, maybe just a tad.

Apparently, Capcom is hoping to steal the show from NetherRealm Studios. Today, Capcom has announced a new promotion for their Street Fighter 5 game. Starting on April 23rd, players can jump into Street Fighter 5: Arcade Edition on PlayStation 4 and PC for free. The free trial will include all game modes and will be running until the 5th of May.

Anyway, this is yet another game that is using the usual suspects in the gaming media to fabricate outrage regarding <insert random outrage subject> to cover the actual outrage from their tidal wave of microtransactions.
    SBFord