Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A good "problem" to have, ESO-EU is overcrowded

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
edited April 2019 in Elder Scrolls Online
Caught a story over on MassivelyOP which discussed a recent overcrowding problem on ESOs EU servers, appears they are experiencing a strong influx of players.

The article linked the official ESO announcement which I've excerpted below.

"Starting in January we've had an influx of new players - we've have had some of our highest weekly average user, daily active user, and peak concurrent user numbers in the last six weeks since we launched on console back in 2015."

They have implemented a temporary queuing system on the mega servers, but this is not a result of previously discussed client performance issues, 

"Please note that the situation that led to the queuing system being enabled is not related to the overall client performance issues that we talked about at the end of last year - those engine optimizations are still underway and hopefully you'll see them in-game at some point this year. 

The situation that led to queuing has nothing to do with client performance - it is because our servers are overloaded."

Good to see some form of official confirmation ESO is still growing, and not just in the EU, 

"we are adding more capacity to PC NA as well as EU because we are rapidly approaching the same problem in NA and want to get ahead of it."

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/467936/pc-eu-server-update-april-11

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

[Deleted User]Scot

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I saw this yesterday and figure it's WoW refugees and people playing the preevent for Elsweyr. Good for them!
    ScotOctagon7711

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    We read about and regularly bemoan the decline of the genre, but nice to see solid evidence there's still some life left.
    DibdabsSBFord[Deleted User]Octagon7711

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited April 2019
    SBFord said:
    I saw this yesterday and figure it's WoW refugees and people playing the preevent for Elsweyr. Good for them!
    Both of those assumptions are correct based on zone chat I've witnessed recently, at least on NA severs.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I saw this thread and laughed because I saw direct evidence of this today. I was playing The Elder Scrolls Online today on the North American server. A British player announced in zone chat that he had created a character here because he couldn't sign in to the European server and wanted to play.
    KyleranOctagon7711
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    ESO is a solid game. I am actively playing. 
    MaurgrimOctagon7711

Joined - July 2004

Kyleran said:
    We read about and regularly bemoan the decline of the genre, but nice to see solid evidence there's still some life left.
    Specially in such good games.
    ESO remains (kinda sadly because we need more good games) the best "recent" (post 2010) MMORPG in my opinion.
    I'd say the list of contenders post 2010 is pretty small, 3 or 4 tops.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    ESO remains (kinda sadly because we need more good games) the best "recent" (post 2010) MMORPG in my opinion.
    Depends on how strict or expansive your personal definition of MMORPG is but even by my fairly strict standards there have been a whole lot more than 3 or 4.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    There are about 3 that I play nearly everyday.  A lot more I play in varying amounts throughout the year.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    Depends on how strict or expansive your personal definition of MMORPG is but even by my fairly strict standards there have been a whole lot more than 3 or 4.
    MMORPGs since 2010? Naw, ESO, GW2, FFXIV, BDO ....and the list rapidly tails off.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:
    MMORPGs since 2010? Naw, ESO, GW2, FFXIV, BDO ....and the list rapidly tails off.

https://www.mmorpg.com/games-list/show/all/sCol/estimatedRelease/sOrder/desc

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited April 2019
    Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

https://www.mmorpg.com/games-list/show/all/sCol/estimatedRelease/sOrder/desc

Err, not following your point at all.  Or you are missing mine.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Downloading it, will check it tonight.

Gonna try it agian. Not sure to play it on pc or ps4.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    ESO is among the few games where 1st person gameplay is viable. Not everywhere unfortunately, but still, the situation is better than in the majority of other mmorpgs.