Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Received a 6 month ban....

2»

Comments

• NyteWytchNyteWytch Member UncommonPosts: 53
    DMKano said:
    psiic said:
    * Looks around suspiciously then taps the screen a few times *  Wait am I still in VR? Is this an alternate reality? A cheater admits he cheats deserves his ban and ppl  kudos him for admitting it? Where the hell am I this is not right. Something is very wrong here. 

What's more interesting is that people are missing the main point of OPs post and are more focusing on the admitted cheating.

His point is that getting a ban - made him realize that he doesn't miss the game and is better off without it.

I think that lesson right there applies to many.

I would argue that the point should be if you feel the need to use a bot and/or cheat then it should be a wakeup call that you definitely are not enjoying the game and should find your fun elsewhere.
    Sovrath
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited April 2019
    Now we have advertising bots necroing threads...sigh.
    Xarko
  • frodobobbinsfrodobobbins Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited April 2019
    bmw66 said:

Im 2 months in and I can honestly say it's the best thing that ever happened.  It sucked at first but as it settled in I can honesty say I do not miss the grind and the game itself.  I will not be returning when it is lifted as well.  

Not that anyone really cares, but just wanted to share my experience with it.  Im glad it happened and I really dont miss it now.

From time to time I'm deleting the game too. Remember the time when I decided to change my job and learn programming to work for Android mobile software development company. And it was really hard, and even more harder, because to treat myself after some programming chapter passed, I was playing WoW :( so I was studying for 3 hours and playing for 4-5 hours a day. But of course I understand it's my problem, I'm not saying the game is guilty for my laziness. And I think I could get back to the game, but try to control yourself more. It's just a game :)

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    edited April 2019
    bmw66 said:
    Received a 6 month ban........totally justified as I used a fishing bot.  Lets face it fishing is boring.  I didnt even use it for auction house purposes just for myself.

Im 2 months in and I can honestly say it's the best thing that ever happened.  It sucked at first but as it settled in I can honesty say I do not miss the grind and the game itself.  I will not be returning when it is lifted as well.  

Not that anyone really cares, but just wanted to share my experience with it.  Im glad it happened and I really dont miss it now.
    I was perma banned for botting, mid-raid, which I was doing on multiple accounts. I submitted a ticket and said it wasn't me, it was a friend, and got unbanned within 20 minutes. Oh yeah, and when I logged back in I was at Dalaran graveyard.

Good times.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    With the current state of the game, consider getting banned as a gift.
    OhhPaigey