Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anduin Wrynn is Indeed the Next Hero Coming to the Heroes of the Storm Nexus - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited April 2019 in News & Features Discussion

imageAnduin Wrynn is Indeed the Next Hero Coming to the Heroes of the Storm Nexus - MMORPG.com

The Heroes of the Storm PTR has been updated with the newest hero, Anduin Wrynn, coming to the Nexus. Anduin "has come to the Nexus to take his place by his father's side" and is a ranged healer. According to the patch notes, he brings a several abilities designed to keep his companions healthy as well as "the potential to unleash the Light's swift justice to enemies on the battlefield".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• mallettjtmallettjt Member UncommonPosts: 102
    This kit is very basic and feel to similar to uther. To quote "Running on Empty Food Review"

My disappointment is profound and my day is ruined.
    SBFord
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    mallettjt said:
    This kit is very basic and feel to similar to uther. To quote "Running on Empty Food Review"

My disappointment is profound and my day is ruined.
    Yeah, he seems pretty bland that way, doesn't he. I guess I'll wait to see how he plays, though when he goes live, he'll be living in my basement with other unplayed characters. 

I want Vol'Jin, but I kinda suspect that Andy's about the last hero we'll see added to the game. I mean....he didn't even come with the customary "intro video" like they did before they went into maintenance mode. :/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited April 2019
    Nothing wrong with having some bland kits. Ideally, you want to hit a balance of simple, intuitive kits and interesting, challenging ones to capture players of all skill levels.

It's when a moba offers nothing but bland kits (see Paragon) that there's a problem.
    SBFordSirAgravaine
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520

Aeander said:

Nothing wrong with having some bland kits. Ideally, you want to hit a balance of simple, intuitive kits and interesting, challenging ones to capture players of all skill levels.

It's when a moba offers nothing but bland kits (see Paragon) that there's a problem.

You did not play Paragon enough to have said that.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited April 2019

Aeander said:

You did not play Paragon enough to have said that.
    I have played most mobas, including Paragon extensively. I was a grandmaster founder, or whatever they called their highest tier. In fact, I literally made the most upvoted thread in the history of the Paragon forums (on the alpha game's gross imbalance/uselessness of mages). 

I think I know what I'm talking about.

(Gideon was main by the way. Yet another basic, boring kit, but at least he looked Hella cool using it). 
    Post edited by Aeander on