Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm Calling it : April 16th ,2019

13»

Comments

• ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,208
    ikcin said:

It will not. The WoW players find the fun of the PvP and danger there.
    PvP is a smaller part of WoW. They don't even have PvP servers anymore. Only normal and RP now.

Indeed. Also the PvP in WoW never been something great. So the WoW players really find something new and exiting in Albion. Most of them also play Fortnite, LoL, Heroes of the Storm, or Overwatch. 
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,505
    DMKano said:
    Albion server is packed. 50-300 people per zone, and I get excited when I see less then 100 because I can actual do some resource farming.

Give it a few weeks and it will clear up
    I hope, the game is still in land rush mode.
    Kyleran
    There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
    Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
    xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
    "Dragons are tilly folly !"
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,443
    ikcin said:

PvP is a smaller part of WoW. They don't even have PvP servers anymore. Only normal and RP now.

Of course they don’t have PVP servers anymore. By introducing Warmode there is no need for them, it has absolutely nothing to do with interest in PVP or not.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    edited April 2019
    Wizardry said:
    IDK if we see another subscription game ever again because devs are afraid to challenge the market but that just means we won't see any good games either.

The industry may have no choice in the future, especially when countries start treating RNG loot boxes as backdoor gambling.

Video gaming got spoiled and are enjoying little regulation. But like "tax free" buying online went, so will unretrained greed in video gaming (more so when politicians learn how much money they can get from it, and what companies are pushing it [i.e., Tencent]).

Piss off enough people, it goes like Toy R Us went (selling "toys" don't make politicos happy, cash does. As the IRS and income taxes has shown the USA. Even Al Capone couldn't escape their wrath of a denied "cut").

Actually most big MMO's still have a subscription. (IDK about all the little known Asian games.) Sure, you can try the game for free and play the low levels for free, but if you really want to access everything you will pony up the 15 a month. The FTP games limit your needed bank space or just outright restrict what level you can attain or some other not technically needed but extremely useful part of the game is restricted until you sub up. Then there is probably a in game store on top of that if you want to spend more.

Upcoming games are just adjusting to this new situation sooner.  Crowfall for example will be free to play monthly, but most people will sub. Why?  Well, free to play will only skill up one crafting skill and one character skill at a time. Subbed players will be able to skill up one crafting skill and 3 character skills at a time. Since the skills are time based like EVE online, a subbed player will gain double the skills of an unsubbed player. See where this is going? Yeah, if you want to play Crowfall seriously, you will sub up. It's built into the DNA of the game.

Subscription based games aren't going anywhere.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,220
    ikcin said:
    Grind will kill it for me honestly.  I have zero interest in it.  I will give the game chance.  Game world should be big enough to ran into gankers of you don't want to.
    In fact you can. I think more and here is the conclusion - the crafting and the gathering in Albion are completely solo. That separates them form the rest of the game. So the competition and need of cooperation are focused only to PvP. At the same time the game lacks of solo PvE content. The result are two separated kind of instanced games - in the one you craft and gather alone, in the other you cannot progress alone. And these games simply do not mix well. If you find a good constant group Albion is not a bad game, still the solo crafting and gathering hurts the experience. 

This sounds horrible.  Even in Darkfall you could grind mobs or gather on your own, fairly effectively.
    Albion Online has  solo , group, and raid dungeons. 
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    I was interested in Albion much earlier but all the rumblings about the ridiculous gathering/crafting requirements kinda scared me off. It seems like a "missed the boat" type of game too. I'll go take a look again.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited April 2019
    I personally like  gathering and crafting over  killing 100 boars for 20xp.
  • ikcinikcin Member RarePosts: 2,208
    Albion Online has  solo , group, and raid dungeons. 
    The unrewarding instanced dungeons in the town. If you are in the competition, so if you play the game for something more than grind, these dungeons do not worth it. I make 500K from one dungeon in the open PvP zones. In comparison the solo instanced dungeon give 5k. And that design makes sense. 

The problem is the lack of real solo content. OK, it should not be safe, but there should be some. Maybe with drop on chance instead with full loot. Also the lack of connection among the PvP and the PvE. In fact this is the biggest issue in Albion. You do not protect farming spot. Also lack of enough structured PvP. So sieges. The game has two parts as I pointed above - in one of them you play solo, and when you see another player you just escape if you are in a PvP area. There is not competition for resources, where the competition with combat is allowed. In the other game you cannot play solo, at least not effectively, and everything is about the loot, from monsters or players.

Albion will benefit much if there is cooperative farming and crafting. If the players could fight for farming spots and resources. If they could build forts, like in BDO. So if there will be more objects for sieges and structured PvP. Now the PvP is mostly for ganking. 

Now, after a week, I see more clearly the cons and the pros of Albion. 
  • Kevyne-ShandrisKevyne-Shandris Member UncommonPosts: 2,077
    lahnmir said:
    ikcin said:

Of course they don’t have PVP servers anymore. By introducing Warmode there is no need for them, it has absolutely nothing to do with interest in PVP or not.....

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

WoW doesn't have PvP servers anymore because Blizzard needed to multi-purpose more servers.

Not only are we connected with another server (or some servers), we're sharded among battlegroups. PvP designation wouldn't allow that segregation. When they tried expansions back, doing group content together got PvE players flagged, too.

Warmode only is if you want to PvP all the time. You will still get flagged in the world, as Blizzard mixed PvE and PvP content.

Mixing PvE and PvP has always been the bane in WoW. Instances are fine (player choice), but not the world content, especially while questing (killing quest givers; gryphon masters; and vendors by trolls, more so). Breaking the game for others for the fun of trolls claiming they're some "PvP gods", is just b-a-d game design (why MLG before Activision-Blizzard bought them out, would not have WoW leagues. It was too unbalanced. Player HP of 150,000 with 1.5million Chaos bolts ... yeah, that's not even PvP or a competition).